Wiki Posts
Search

Rose City

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming out yesterday! It' was a real bummer. However did get my motor break-in done.

Larry and I are talking about this comming weekend. If we have enough guys, we just might do it on the 15th...... so stay tuned!

*Edit* Ok guys, I just got off the phones with the officers and the necessary people needed to run on the 15th. Pretty much EVERYONE has already made plans in advance to be out of town, so a race will not happen on the 15th, unfortunately. Sorry guys, but hopefully all of you can wait one more week to race on the 22nd.

Also, Ron's season ending race @ RC Plus on the 15th (as I was told) as well.

thanks,
Dom

Last edited by litespeed-dom; 05-09-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

if you guys need some nitro in your veins, SARCAR is having a 2 day the weekend of the 15-16. Saturday setup and sunday racing.
Food for thought,
Smitty
Old 05-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I was pretty impressed with the turnout considering that most guys were aware it was probably going to rain throughout the day. Those Liberty High kids are pretty enthusiastic about r/c, it was great to see them out there.
Anyone know who the camera crews were?
Old 05-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sorcerer001
I was pretty impressed with the turnout considering that most guys were aware it was probably going to rain throughout the day. Those Liberty High kids are pretty enthusiastic about r/c, it was great to see them out there.
Anyone know who the camera crews were?
The camera crew was from S. Oregon State University. They were doing a project on the R/C Industry.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Dom.

Also wanted to say that I really liked the scale of the track, though I have a feeling the 1/8th scale guys were feeling a little claustrophobic. Even my mild modified sedan (Novak SS) felt pretty ballsy down the back stretch. Of course three years out of the game took it's toll quickly when I shattered the spidle and c-hub on my second pack.
Driving the track in the shortened config was pretty much perfect - the long sweeper was great. Open enough to take at full-tilt, but tight enough to offer a little challenge. That'll be a fun area to pass.
I'll have the spare Yokomo SD in my hands tomorrow morning, so if any of you want to run on the electric side, I'll work you a good deal.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

It is a lot tighter than Liberty, isn't it? Actually I broke in 2 tanks with my 1/8th on Saturday, at the end of my 2nd tank I opened up and car shifted. Yeah, it's quite tight, but it's very technical and I (personally) loved tracks that are very 1/12th scale like. It's a bit scary coming down the straights and had to brake extremely hard for that tight 180. But I enjoyed the track very much, it's fun layout. I think Jim and Earboy both enjoyed the track for the amt of time we got to run. And for just a 2-minute window when the VHT dried and before it started to rain again, traction was good.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming out yesterday! It' was a real bummer. However did get my motor break-in done.

Larry and I are talking about this comming weekend. If we have enough guys, we just might do it on the 15th...... so stay tuned!

*Edit* Ok guys, I just got off the phones with the officers and the necessary people needed to run on the 15th. Pretty much EVERYONE has already made plans in advance to be out of town, so a race will not happen on the 15th, unfortunately. Sorry guys, but hopefully all of you can wait one more week to race on the 22nd.

Also, Ron's season ending race @ RC Plus on the 15th (as I was told) as well.

thanks,
Dom

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Larry, me and Tom checked out Heritage High School Parking lot, the south end lot would be perfect, it's flat and the best thing there no parking lines. come check it out and see what you think. I'll e mail you there location and phone number. Dan.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Where is Heritage? Not Washington, is it?
Old 05-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

larry, or anyone have a nitro sedan they want to part with. I'm looking for a gt-4, or a ft ntc3.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by olucky
larry, or anyone have a nitro sedan they want to part with. I'm looking for a gt-4, or a ft ntc3.
Funny how you asked Larry, he does have a GT-4 that he hardly runs anymore! If anyone is interested, I'm also helping a guy out trying to sell his MTX-2. Will have pics soon.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

perfect, what's larry's e-mail?
Old 05-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sorcerer001
Where is Heritage? Not Washington, is it?
Yes it is, it's right off Padden express way.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by drfritz
Yes it is, it's right off Padden express way.

How 'bout... no.

I guess we have to go wherever the wind blows us, but come on man, we've all smelled the "wind" up there...
Old 05-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by olucky
perfect, what's larry's e-mail?
[email protected]

FYI, He's going to be at the beach with his wife this week, no internet access.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.