Wiki Posts
Search

Move ROAR Regionals back to April 9-11 Petition

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody

I do like the 3 quals and single mains idea for Saturday. Or possibly even triple A's as well... The ECT does 2 quals and triple A's. I don't think we will come close to that turn out...

So looking at it we could get away with 3 quals and triple A's all in one day!

Lets get'r'done!

Kody
Like I posted above... It will be a cake walk to do as the number of people will be less then if it was a dirt race...

K
Old 03-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I think most of us onroad guys like our 3 day events. We get a whole day of practice, a day of qualifying, and a full day for mains. Usually done by 4:00pm on Sunday for a nice drive home. Plus we get to hang out with other racers after and eat and drink some beer. Good times!

That being said there are different circumstances at this race. I assume a major consideration is getting most Seattle guys and other long distance traveler's out by 8:00pm - 9:00pm at the latest. Running until midnight is not an option with Easter egg hunts and brunch the next day.

Even if we make it a one day race most guys will still show up Friday and practice all day. I will Still get a hotel Friday night and drive home after on Saturday. I think if you had 1 qual Friday night and whatever on Saturday there would still be people just showing up for just Saturday.

As far as mains: triples or singles either way. If singles it's about one round if triples and double it's about 2.5 rounds.

It's up to Ron to decide but I think there might be a consensus starting to form.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default race weekend info

Ron will be posting the UPDATED details for the Regionals race on April 3.

The race will be finished on Sat.