Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Spring Shoot-Out Can-Am Challenge NCT Round #1

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Will mike Dana be building the track?

Or more importantly will the track be built like last year or soft and loamy like the previous years? I sure hope it's like last year!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup

Or more importantly will the track be built like last year or soft and loamy like the previous years? I sure hope it's like last year!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MontanaMaxx
I thought that the nct races had to have a new track layout that was not used until the event?? This is a disadvantage for guys like myself that are 7 1/2 hours away that will not make the "warm up" race
To Me, The idea of a "warm-up" race is just exactly that, run on the track that you are going to race on. for tuning, tire testing etc... also there are a lot of people that cannot make it on friday, this opens another opportunity. Also for those that dont want to burn a vacation day for friday, can come up for the warm-up.

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
You guys need 2 weeks for practice, not just for building the track...
You may need 2 weeks of practice at trcr, but the track will not be run on in the NCT configuration between the warmup and the Shoot-out

Originally Posted by ehames005
This will be my first time coming to this race. I really don't like that there will be no Saturday practice since I will not be there till late on fri night and I can't make the warm up race. Why will there be no Sat. practice for people like me?
There hasnt been saturday practice for several years for the shoot-out. with the amount of entries we usually get we need every minute of race time possible. Also seems that usually if you show up saturday for late practice at most races, you get 1 hr of strait open track time. that is a disadvantage to the 250 other entries that practiced friday. Also it tares our track up just prior to qualifying.

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup

Not sure if mike is going to help out, he has every year, but i dont think we are building a supermotto track.....

Originally Posted by RCCCL
Old 02-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Legend

Cory, when we get there and that groove is laid down already ?

It won't be from me personally practicing two weeks ....
Old 02-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Cory, when we get there and that groove is laid down already ?

It won't be from me personally practicing two weeks ....
George, there is absolutely no way possible for any kind of groove at Wenatchee. That type of dirt won't groove without some soil additive so your a little off your rocker.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crashin73
To Me, The idea of a "warm-up" race is just exactly that, run on the track that you are going to race on. for tuning, tire testing etc... also there are a lot of people that cannot make it on friday, this opens another opportunity. Also for those that dont want to burn a vacation day for friday, can come up for the warm-up.

You may need 2 weeks of practice at trcr, but the track will not be run on in the NCT configuration between the warmup and the Shoot-out

There hasnt been saturday practice for several years for the shoot-out. with the amount of entries we usually get we need every minute of race time possible. Also seems that usually if you show up saturday for late practice at most races, you get 1 hr of strait open track time. that is a disadvantage to the 250 other entries that practiced friday. Also it tares our track up just prior to qualifying.

Not sure if mike is going to help out, he has every year, but i dont think we are building a supermotto track.....

I guess im confused so you are goin to pratice but not on the configuration for the NCT round #1 race?

Seems very unfair and obviously there is a home field advantage It was my understanding that the new track layout prior to the event was to eliminate this problem

I was thinkin hard about making it up for the race but the idea that the track will already have been run on is a turn off
for some of us that are on a budget and have to travel can only make a limited number of trips are at a disadvantage
Old 02-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MontanaMaxx
I guess im confused so you are goin to pratice but not on the configuration for the NCT round #1 race?

Seems very unfair and obviously there is a home field advantage It was my understanding that the new track layout prior to the event was to eliminate this problem

I was thinkin hard about making it up for the race but the idea that the track will already have been run on is a turn off
for some of us that are on a budget and have to travel can only make a limited number of trips are at a disadvantage
Wow, i think you just confused me....... The track layout for the 2010 shoot-out will be run at the warm-up race, then at the Shoot-Out. If the track is run in reverse direction, and with some changes to the layout in between, i dont see the advantage........ Also who are you worried about having extra track time??? most of us will be working our asses off to put the race on and not have time to run.
I have been doing this for a LONG time now, do you really think I would allow someone to practice on the shoot-out layout??? not likely..... I am sorry you would actually think i would.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crashin73
Wow, i think you just confused me....... The track layout for the 2010 shoot-out will be run at the warm-up race, then at the Shoot-Out. If the track is run in reverse direction, and with some changes to the layout in between, i dont see the advantage........ Also who are you worried about having extra track time??? most of us will be working our asses off to put the race on and not have time to run.
I have been doing this for a LONG time now, do you really think I would allow someone to practice on the shoot-out layout??? not likely..... I am sorry you would actually think i would.
I was not necessicarily saying that you would i was just statiing an opinion based on what i had read. thanks for the clarification that is what i was after. you are right that would not be much of an advantage other than maybe finding a tire of choice for the dirt which im sure will be posted on here prior to the shootout race. It is a great event from past expirence and expect it will be again
Old 02-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The track hosts are at the biggest disadvantage because you work your ass off at Your own home track and hardly get any practice....

It is actually a home field disadvantage!

I cannot wait to go to out of town races so I can sit back put my feet up on the table and watch everyone else work!!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asmazure
The track hosts are at the biggest disadvantage because you work your ass off at Your own home track and hardly get any practice....

It is actually a home field disadvantage!

I cannot wait to go to out of town races so I can sit back put my feet up on the table and watch everyone else work!!
what are you talking about thats what you did during our 3 day race here in pasco last year, whats different just joking- figured that was on a tee had to take a swing at it

agreed with above posts that often the people hosting the event work their ass off with no profit for these races, give them some time to run the week before, probably wont see much practice on the sceduled practice day...
Old 02-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

I'm not gong to get Into the advantage disadvantage thing but I think it's in the best interest of the racers to have a fresh track for a big race.

1 less wear And tear on the track surface.
2 more excitement for the racers. I thInk if you took a poll of the racers it would be heavly sided on the brand new track
3 a club has to build the track at some time might as well build it right befor the race. Or if you have to build it earlier than close the track till the race.
4 eliminates th advantage or disadvantage debate

and sorry but running the track backward does not count as a different track. It mAy drive different but come on. Also I have built tons of tracks and never test the track. Lest be real if some jump doesn't work you cant get back in there with a bobcat and change it. It is what it is at that point.

This is my opinion and not directed at Cory or Wenatchee directly but to all track in general.

I had a blast at the shootout an can't wait till it's here!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Shoot Out!

Just hoping to attend...heard good things! Putting the Can in Can-Am!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so Im assuming no E truggy? Damnit! now i gotta go out and find a buggy just so i can make it to this frikin race? just wondering why no E truggy? is this all NCT races of just this one in general?

( by the way this will be my first NCT race as if you couldnt tell )
Old 02-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No electric truggy,we tried it last year along with Electric 1/8th buggy and it did not take off.

And to answer your next question it will not be run with Nitro.

This is for NCT points only if a race wants to run electric truggy as a provisional
class they can.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All I know,is that if I make one race this year it would be this one I have always had a great time at Wenatchee so props to the crew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.