Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hank Perry 240 - Signup now and save $$$

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hank Perry 240 - Signup now and save $$$

If you are planning on being at the Hank Perry 240 in Spokane this year (Round 3 of the nct) Signup before April 30th and get $10 dollars off your first entry.

This year might be bigger then last (208 entries last year) but we learned a lot from last years race being so big and things should go way smoother this time around. We dont want another 1am trophy presentation

The Gas A mains will be 30 minutes, 15 minute B's and 7 minute C's and down. We are not having any sportsman classes and all classes need 5 or more cars to make a class so that should speed things up some (no 3 car classes this time).

Online signup can be found here on the main page. Just click the Hank Perry Button Radio Control Car Club Of Spokane Website

A downloadable entry form will be up soon on the same page.

Hope to see everyone this year

Last edited by RyanL; 03-11-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lots of people taking advantage of this deal already

The way its going we might have to put an entry cap so make sure you get your entry in soon.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:06 PM
TSB
Tech Master

is there an entry cao on your flyer?
Old 03-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have not made the flyer yet It should be out next week.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

I'd like to hear some feedback from NW racers so I can take some input with me to our next RCCCS club meeting.

With a huge number of new racers (both electric and gas) in the Spokane area, the popularity of the NCT and the Hank Perry 240, we could easily foresee 300+ entries. That's great, but there's a point where it could get to be too many due to time restrictions. Like Ryan said above, the club is going to make absolutely sure this year that we get the mains completed at a reasonable time.

So with all that said, what do you think about an entry cap? If you think there should be a cap, what do we cap it at?

Thanks in advance for your input
Old 03-17-2004, 03:52 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Here is my suggestion
Limit entries this way.
35 heats

15 elect
20 gas/mt

w/ rules

#1 - All individuals competing in the NCT get first priority.
(if you are in the tope ten no matter what you are in)
#2 limit classes to the amount of heats that you can get done and make them full 10 per heat. You should be able to do
80 gas trucks (8 heats)
80 1/8th scales (8 heats)
40 m/t ( 4 heats )
Stock Buggy- 30 (3 heats)
Stock Truck - 30 (3 heats)
Mod Buggy - 30 (3 heats)
Mod Truck - 30 (3 heats)
4 mod - 30 (3 heats)

it is not the amount of entries you can get done it is the amount of heats. so if you only have 20 buggys you can allow 40 trucks. The math I did included the watering every other heat (odds one round evens next) You can flip flop electric heats with electric heats and gas with gas due to the addition of warm up.

doing ten to a heat you should be able to get these numbers. That is 350 entries. You start at 8 am on the dot end at 10 pm. 3 qulaifiers. The mains should go by much faster. Be done by around 8 pm.

#3 Ifmar off the gate for gas and Ifmar by the starting line for electric.

This is all just my opinion.

Brian Phillips

Last edited by TSB; 03-17-2004 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default electric racers

The electric guys had a problem running 1 5 minute main and then cornering for 30 or 45 whatever it was gas main.

Brian thanks for the offer but Hal is going to be running this years race and he is very efficient on time so that should help out alot.

300 + entries would be sick to see at this years hank
Old 03-17-2004, 04:53 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Hal will do a very good job.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:59 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Well Let Hal know that while I am there and if he is need of a break I will be glad to help him out
Old 04-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Brian that would be great.

Just a reminder for everyone...the $10 discount deadline is April 30th. No lame late-fees, just an oppertunity to actually save some money by signing up and paying early.

www.rcccs.com
Old 04-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Racing every other sunday till the hank. Should have a schedule after the next club meeting.
Hal
Old 04-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There will be no Gate at the Hank Perry 240 this year.
And it looks like the warm up race will be the 8th or 9th of May. It will be on the old layout so there will not be any races on the new track.

Hal

Sorry Mike D. will be in Vegas also.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

VEGAS-------BAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTLE!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

As you have probably seen, Shoot-Out entries have already maxed-out. We are expecting to do the same at the Hank Perry 240 this year so don't wait too long. Plus you have til the 30th of April to save $10 on your early entry fee.

Just a few of the improvements you will see at the Hank this year:
  • New and more lights for night racing
  • Upgraded electrical throughout
  • Upgraded PA system (not final but looks highly likely. might be broadcasted over AM radio)
  • As always, a new l33t track layout

BAAAATLE WOOOOO err something like that
Old 04-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

I would like to pitch my website to keep track of who's signed up for what class. Seeing as how the Spring Shoot Out is FULL! and now the questions are flying... "how many is -this or that- class?" "how many people, how many entries??" My web site was designed for this!!

Just need Colin or Ryan to set up their "Club", then the "Track", then the "Event". When that is done, then we can go add our cars to the "Event". At the end of the day (or before we leave for practice) anyone can print out who's signed up for what classed and what frequencies are signed up for , so you can get a jump on frequency conflicts.
Check it out. Feel free to email me ANY questions about the web site. I have a demo event set up so you can see what I am talking about.

See you at the Shoot out!
Thanks,
John Geffe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.