Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Northwest Bashing Spots Map >

Northwest Bashing Spots Map

Northwest Bashing Spots Map

Old 10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Northwest Bashing Spots Map

I know this is a "racing" section, but I'm sure there are some guys that bash on here too. Lately, I've been wanting to find some new places to drive my truck but it's tough to find places without endlessly driving around, so I made a google map where everyone can post their favorite spots or a new construction site or whatever.

Suggestions for what to put in the description of the location:
Terrain
Surface
Cool features
Recommended Truck (scale, power, tires)

I put up a few of my favorite locales if there is anybody up in skagit county. If you don't want to or can't post a spot yourself, just PM me the street address and details and I will put it up for you

Anyway, here's the link!!
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...5,28.54248&z=6

P.S. I'm aware we're going into winter, but if we build this up now, you won't have any trouble finding a place to bash around in the summer
Old 10-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great idea - when I actually find one, I'll post it up!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JThiessen
Great idea - when I actually find one, I'll post it up!
Thanks and yes, definitely add some if you find a place cause my girlfriend works in edmonds and it would be a great excuse to go over there
Old 11-09-2009, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default Meldrum bar state park in Gladstone Oregon

It has an electric, bashing-style track
Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Bashing around can be fun, but you should be aware of nearby tracks and frequency conflicts. I noticed the "dusty beach" is right next to the NORA off road and dirt oval tracks. turn on the satellite view and look just to the north.

Of course if you have a 2.4 gig radio do what ever you want.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Junkman
Bashing around can be fun, but you should be aware of nearby tracks and frequency conflicts. I noticed the "dusty beach" is right next to the NORA off road and dirt oval tracks. turn on the satellite view and look just to the north.

Of course if you have a 2.4 gig radio do what ever you want.
very good point. in that particular case though, i highly doubt it would mess with cars from that distance, even if there were a direct line of sight. its about a half mile away :P

Originally Posted by elkman
It has an electric, bashing-style track
great spot! just looked at it on google maps. i will add it for ya
Old 11-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just a suggestion, but any skate park ROCKS! Just go at a time when no one is there. best times are right after it rains or when its cold out, no one's there then!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zach@4SEASONS
Just a suggestion, but any skate park ROCKS! Just go at a time when no one is there. best times are right after it rains or when its cold out, no one's there then!
haha yea...........make sure you bring a tough vehicle tho. my xxx-t would disintegrate at a skate park
Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LunchboX3904
haha yea...........make sure you bring a tough vehicle tho. my xxx-t would disintegrate at a skate park
T/E maxx, savage, 1/8 scale buggies, slashes, heck theirs alot of sturdy vehicles out there! XXXT, yeah, thats not exactly a bash vehicle now is it!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zach@4SEASONS
T/E maxx, savage, 1/8 scale buggies, slashes, heck theirs alot of sturdy vehicles out there! XXXT, yeah, thats not exactly a bash vehicle now is it!
even my previous rustler was injured at my local skate park.

and yes, i'm actually gonna be ditching the xxx-t cause i have no where to race it and it's terrible in the rough stuff. probably getting a slash 4x4 my xxx-t would be awesome at 4seasons tho. if you know anybody that wants one, it's got a 13.5 novak system, full set of jconcept barcodes for the clay, and a losi 2.4 radio among other things
Old 11-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

bump. looks like some sun might be coming our way....anybody find some new spots??
Old 12-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Places to run nitros

Hi everyone,

I live in Oregon City and was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to run nitro R/Cs in the off season. I know there is Rise R/C Raceway and Dave's Track but they are closed for the season. I am looking for some place to practice.

I like Meldrum Park in Gladstone for electrics but want to find a place to run nitros. Anybody know of any? Thanks!!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

last bump to see if there are any others with good spots. was hoping this thread would catch on a bit more, but i guess most people here stick to the tracks
Old 05-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Great spot in Puyallup

last bump to see if there are any others with good spots. was hoping this thread would catch on a bit more, but i guess most people here stick to the tracks
I just added a great spot in Puyallup.

8072 152nd Street East, Puyallup, WA

this area is HUGE. partially developed with lots of area to bash. paved roads all around but no traffic as they have barricaded the entrance to vehicle to keep the kids who race at night out. several of us have thought about making a track there ( a bunch of friends of mine who are just getting into nitro RCs) but we dont know how long it would last.

The area was developed for housing 3-4 years ago until the housing market dropped and they gave up on the project. a few people fly RC planes there on the weekend but few cars/trucks. its also far enough to not bother people when running nitro. it also has street lights for those of you who like to go out late. if you look at the satellite view on Google maps you will see just how big this place is. I also live right next to this place ( on the very southern side) and can offer some power for those who want to maybe charge their cars or what not.

I tried to add terrain to the maps but couldn't figure it out. but it has everything if you look for it. flat roads, off road, and really off road. when the track is finished i will post here and let you know. otherwise just a great place for almost every kind of car/truck to go. if you plan on going there sometime send me an email. id love to meet some others who are into this new hobby of mine and maybe learn some more.

Thanks!

By the way im new here and to RC cars so i thought id make my first post something useful.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Great spot in Puyallup!

I just added a great spot.

8072 152nd Street East, Puyallup, WA

this area is HUGE. partially developed with lots of area to bash. paved roads all around but no traffic as they have barricaded the entrance to vehicles to keep the kids who race at night out. several of us have thought about making a track there ( a bunch of friends of mine who are just getting into nitro RCs) but we arent sure where to start.

The area was developed for housing 3-4 years ago until the housing market dropped and they gave up on the project. a few people fly RC planes there on the weekends but few cars/trucks. its also far enough to not bother people when running nitro. it also has street lights for those of you who like to go out late. if you look at the satellite view on Google maps you will see just how big this place is. I also live right next to this place ( on the very southern side) and can offer some power for those who want to maybe charge their cars or what not.

I tried to add terrain to the maps but couldn't figure it out. but it has everything if you look for it. flat roads, off road, and really off road. when the track is finished i will post here and let you know. otherwise just a great place for almost every kind of car/truck to go. if you plan on going there sometime send me an email. id love to meet some others who are into this new hobby of mine and maybe learn some more.

Thanks!

By the way im new here and to RC cars so i thought id make my first post something useful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.