Wiki Posts
Search

So what 's the point in......

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default So what 's the point in......

So whats the point in trying to conform to "spec" class, when every week the race director allows an "outlaw" or "mod" in to the class that ends up taking out everybody, out on the track, at least once during a 5 minute heat? is it customary to throw in a "hammer" car in every race?
I say conform, or don't race!

Last edited by Mr. Burpsalot; 08-27-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Burpsalot
So whats the point in trying to conform to "spec" class, when every week the race director allows an "outlaw" or "mod" in to the class that ends up taking out everybody, out on the track, at least once during a 5 minute heat? is it customary to throw in a "hammer" car in every race?
If it is slash or sc10 that you are talking about then I think they do it to fill in the class. Maybe not enough mod sc10 to run their own heats so they throw them all together.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes that is the case at most events, I guess I just have issues with getting taken out of a podium position, by an out of control driver with much more motor than they can handle, and who doesn't even belong in that class in the first place.

My rant dates back to the stone-ages.........
Old 08-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Double Dee

Yes that is the case at most events, I guess I just have issues with getting taken out of a podium position, by an out of control driver with much more motor than they can handle, and who doesn't even belong in that class in the first place.

My rant dates back to the stone-ages.........
Thats never happend before.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

You got to remember that 95%of the slash racers have the "rubbin is racing" mentality as well and don't even attempt a clean pass.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Default fake em

If you know they're out there challenge yourself to get by them with no contact.

When you come up on them hard, hit the brakes and watch them drive right out of your way.

Good luck we've all been there.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Legend

relax and understand the SCT class is not a class designed for clean racing like you expect...
Old 08-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just thought i repost the original question, its probably a good idea for some to read it twice before posting a reply that has nothing to do with the question
Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
just thought i repost the original question, its probably a good idea for some to read it twice before posting a reply that has nothing to do with the question
What you mean willis?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
relax and understand the SCT class is not a class designed for clean racing like you expect...
I think the bumpers on my SC10 have made me "invisible", or at least very hard to see.....
Old 08-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

I think the bumpers on my SC10 have made me "invisible", or at least very hard to see.....
Check with Wild, he can probably get you a cloaking device from his little friends
Old 08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Welcome to RC Plus, wait till the winter season gets heated up......you'll really be
Old 08-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

we usually allow a few, because they are novice drivers and it sucks to be turned away, so we'll allow them to run... we do advise them that if they want to continue racing spec, that they need to revert back to spec....
Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Legend

stop calling it spec, start calling it SCT stock ?

Burps

check with Area 51 for cloaking devises
Old 08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Seems this happens at every track....slash racing gets popular then alot of drivers start complaing about the hacking....its supposed to be a fun class and people aren't supposed to take it that seriously....seemed to ruin it at four seasons people arguing over getting taken out....i won, i lost, but i always had fun and laughed my ass off, even if i got taken out....if you want clean racing go to stock or mod truck... its better but not perfect....its racin stuff happens if you take it that seriously then you should sell your stuff.....lighten up people.....what epople fail to realize while you pitching a fit over dumb stuff, your discouraging the new novices and unexperienced racers from showing up anymore....so shut up and race....if you wanna not get run into, practice sat....when no one el;ses is on the track.....geez who do you think you are kyle busch....

ps ....dont take anythihng i said as me being critical , i use alot of sarcasm and am joking about most stuff... just chill relax and have fun you'll find you finish better when you dont stress the racing....one other thing...I always told people if you race slash its not how fast you are its how fast you can avoid the wreck ....casue there will be one everytime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.