Wiki Posts
Search

Slash demon???????

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Slash demon???????

So before I tear into my slash to find out what poltergeist I have encountered I thought I'd post on here and see if anyone else has had this issue. Runnin out front in the main, I headed down the straight and lost all power. No steering, no throttle, dead stick all together. Im assuming I smoked the speed control but no magic smoke came out. I tested the lipo and it worked fine. Checked reciever and it works fine too. So I am left with the speed control, I thought maybe the motor, but last few motors that died didn't affect the steering at all.

I know I cant imagine why my slash would have any issues with all the fun and impromptu flying it does. If anyone has had an issue like this please feel free to post that way I dont waste a bunch of time. I assume its the spped control due to the fact it affected the steering servo. Since all power travels through the speedo before going to the servo. Thanks in advance.....
Old 03-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

that happened to mine too I put a external BEC on it and it worked fine

but my friends did it and the BEC didn't help his
Old 03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i have the same thing go wrong,i just turn my off and back on then it works.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dougedoug
i have the same thing go wrong,i just turn my off and back on then it works.
tried that , tried swapping lipos, tried un soldering motor in case it was the motor, nothing, after all that I assume it's the speed control but ran out of time at the track to try and fix it.

Its wierd because when I originally bought it, it came with a bunk servo. Load a battery, turn the car on and the servo wouldn't start working for about 2 minutes no matter what you did. It was brand new and did this. It sucked cause I had to remember to turn my slash on prior to my race. Few times I had to pray it would start by the tone.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Sounds like a headlight fluid issue.

Either that, or the muffler bearings are going out on you...
Old 03-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had the same issue, I reprogrammed the esc it, worked, for a couple mins., then it happened again, tried to reprogram it again, and poof, I blamed my boss because he pushed the button. lol but he didn't care to take blame haha oh-well
Old 03-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know I cant imagine why my slash would have any issues with all the fun and impromptu flying it does. If anyone has had an issue like this please feel free to post that way I dont waste a bunch of time.
If it's not something obvious like the receiver wire came unplugged, or has been damaged it's probably the ESC. Mine did the same thing, the replacement's breaks stopped working after a few packs...Traxxas electronics are a little less than awesome but their customer service and support is good; so send it back if it's an option.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

ok any of those would be great suggestions if my car turned on but it wont even turn on . so no reporgraming , no on off trick no nothing. but sounds like timeto try a new speedo.