Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes,that is the correct date and time.
asmazure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ya mike
we couldnt do Saturday july 4th for obvious reasons but wanted to stick with the every other weekend theme so July 3rd at 7pm is the plan... 2 quals and only 1 main for all classes and finish under the lights on a hopefully nice evening.... we shall see as that is the first night race leading into july and august interested to see how they run, assume to see a lower turnout so should finish at a decent hour...
Justin

Last edited by i1justin; 05-05-2009 at 07:28 PM.
i1justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Look's to be another great turn out this weekend!weather looks great also!
We will have some indoor pitting with workbenches and chairs for some who do not have room for tables!
Thanks Shannon
Old 05-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmazure View Post
Yes,that is the correct date and time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i1justin View Post
ya mike
we couldnt do Saturday july 4th for obvious reasons but wanted to stick with the every other weekend theme so July 3rd at 7pm is the plan... 2 quals and only 1 main for all classes and finish under the lights on a hopefully nice evening.... we shall see as that is the first night race leading into july and august interested to see how they run, assume to see a lower turnout so should finish at a decent hour...
Justin

Sounds fun! It's on my schedule if I don't go south that weekend...

Mike Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Great to see you will be here in July Mike!..this Saturday looks to be huge with people from Spokane and Lewiston.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #21
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

looking forward to this weekend! Can't remember the last time I raced my 4-mod!

Also, I'm not sure if you have had any electric 1/8's run in prior events, but is there anything special they must do in the main as far as pitting or anything else I should know?

Thanks!
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics | Carolina Custom Anodizing
Jeremy Potter
Tekin C.S. Manager
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So what seems to be the tire of choice for 1/8 buggy and how is the wear factor? I would like to make one of your club races in the somewhat near future but need to come prepared.

Serpent America
Lunsford Racing
RCBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzracer758 View Post
looking forward to this weekend! Can't remember the last time I raced my 4-mod!

Also, I'm not sure if you have had any electric 1/8's run in prior events, but is there anything special they must do in the main as far as pitting or anything else I should know?

Thanks!
We had an electric 1/8 buggy run in week 1, during the main we had him make one run through pit lane, stop in the pits for 5 sec then he was off. Didnt seem to be an issue since we run a 15 min main 1 stop seemed to be somewhat legit.

Quote:
So what seems to be the tire of choice for 1/8 buggy and how is the wear factor? I would like to make one of your club races in the somewhat near future but need to come prepared.
I dont know the tire choice for buggy but I can tell you we are watering more during club races so wear is reduced to some degree....Shannon can tell you tire choices
Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Greg,glad to hear you will come join us this year our club races have had outstanding attendance!The tires of choice have been any of the small pin,knob type of tire,holeshot,DD,sevens,etc clay compounds.We run it damp so there has been minimal wear!but it does groove up now for the club races!
Later,Shannon
Old 05-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #25
Tech Adept

M3 compound or similar work when the track is drier. You can run clay compounds here, but it needs to be wetter. Probably would be a good choice for racing at night as the moisture comes up. But for the club race, it didn't get watered enough for clays to work.

M3 Holeshots or similar are a safe choice.
JCathey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCathey View Post
M3 compound or similar work when the track is drier. You can run clay compounds here, but it needs to be wetter. Probably would be a good choice for racing at night as the moisture comes up. But for the club race, it didn't get watered enough for clays to work.

M3 Holeshots or similar are a safe choice.
Thanks Shannon and Joe. I must say, Joe you were just as fast at Wenatchee as I remember you to be when you would race Aero back in the day. Dude you were gone. Good run.

Serpent America
Lunsford Racing
RCBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #27
Tech Master

Default Summer points updated

Summer points have been updated at the following link

http://www.tricitiesrc.com/php/index.php/2009points
Old 05-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #28
Tech Master

Default 5/9/09 Results

Well Club race #3 in the Summer off-road series has finished! Actually it finished about 2 weeks ago but time flies when your having fun. Another great day for turnouts, 56 Entries! The trend of increasing entries continues. The weather was just about perfect all day, a little breeze and mid 70s weather you couldnt ask for a better day. The racing on the track was just as good, we saw some classes run smaller than previous races, 8th Truck and 2WD truck each only ran 3-4 cars, but saw other classes have nice turnouts like 8th Buggy, Mod SC truck, Gas Truck. This was a great race to head into the long break of the year for the Tri-Cities club. Congratulations to all our winners and Podium Finishers!

SPEC SLASH

1)Justin Wilde
2)Jesse Howell
3)Greg Ross

10th 4WD Buggy

1)Justin Wilde
2)Jeremy Potter
3)Jesse Howell

2WD TRUCK

1)Justin Wilde
2)Roger Remines
3)Daniel Nipper

MOD SHORT COURSE TRK

1) Jesse Howell
2) Kelly Hill
3) Rob Bracket

MONSTER TRUCK

1) Dave Robinson
2) Max McCartney
3) Jesse Howell

8TH SCALE TRUCK

1) Gar Matthews
2) Eric Bennett
3) Mike Pool

10TH GAS TRUCK

1) Damon Palm
2) Kason Russell
3) Jim Bise

8TH SCALE BUGGY

1) Joe Cathey
2) Dylan Julian
3) Shannon Azure

All the PDFs from all heats on Saturday can be found at 5/9/09Results

SPEC SLASH

Each week this class gets closer and closer from top to bottom. One bobble can be the difference between A-Main driving of fighting your way out of the B. The first A-main saw Justin Wilde get out front and stay there for the entire 6min. A2 saw the usual first corner pile up but this one claimed the TQ and left the race wide open. Joe Scales worked his way out front and despite a late push from Justin kept it clean and drove to an A2 win. Overall went to Justin, but racing is getting tighter each time around so look out!

1)Justin Wilde
2)Jesse Howell
3)Greg Ross

Full Results of Slash

10th 4WD Buggy
Another good turnout in 4WD buggy looks to mean this class is here to stay. This class is the fastest electric group on the track running lap times down near 8th scale buggy territory. Qualifying saw Justin Wilde drive the first electric vehicle 11 Lap pace. In A1 the first few laps saw a back and forth battle with Jade Russell and Justin. While Jade was out front a mechanical failure ended his run and let Justin take the first heat. A2 was more of the same and this time Jeremy Potter battled in and out of the lead. A bobble by Jeremy let Justin and Jade by to finish up A2, Justin was able to keep it clean and take the sweep for the Day. The series is now seperated by 4 points for the top 3 drivers!

1)Justin Wilde
2)Jeremy Potter
3)Jesse Howell

Full Results of 4WD Buggy

2WD TRUCK
A smaller turnout than most weekends due to out of town travel by 4 of the drivers in this class reduced the size but not the racing. Justin Wilde was able to drive clean enough to stay out in front of a hard charging Roger Remines for A1 and A2 wins to claim the 2WD truck win. Daniel Nipper in only his second race was able to drive clean and keep it on the track for a 3rd place finish, congrats Daniel!

1)Justin Wilde
2)Roger Remines
3)Daniel Nipper

Full Results of 2WD Truck

MOD SHORT COURSE TRK
Welcome to Race day Mod Short Course, with a turnout of 5 cars and 2 more out of town, this class not only looks to stay around but have some great racing. Jesse Howell was able to get out front and keep the short course truck on all 4s most of the time and despite pushes by Kelly Hill , Jesse was able to take the sweep and win!

1) Jesse Howell
2) Kelly Hill
3) Rob Bracket

Full Results of Mod Short Course Trk

MONSTER TRUCK
2 Electric Revos pluse 1Nitro Revo= some good racing. Jesse Howell was able to get the TQ but the main was a back and forth battle ended when Jesse broke in the main. It looked like Dave was going to run away with the win when a Flame out after the Triple changed everything. Max McCartney in his first race was able to gain time back and put the pressure on Dave who managed to hold on and take the A main Win!
1) Dave Robinson
2) Max McCartney
3) Jesse Howell

Full Results of Monster Truck

8TH SCALE TRUCK
Smaller turnout this week but still some great racing. This was pretty much an All Spokane race, so the locals did some battling on the road at the pasco track. Gar Matthews was fast in Qualifying and continued to be fast in the Main. Mike Pool was able to put some pressure on Eric for 3rd for a bit but could never get out in front of Eric and so Gar takes the win followed by Eric then Mike.
1) Gar Matthews
2) Eric Bennett
3) Mike Pool

Full Results of 8th Scale Truck

10TH GAS TRUCK
Good turnout this time around with 5 trucks and led to some good on track battles. The main saw Joe Cathey out in his usual position, 1st place. Mid run however Joe found some traction coming onto the straight and a wheelie led into a cartwheel which lead to Joe heading back to the pits with a broken truck. This left a great battle back and forth between Damon Palm and Jim Bise for the lead. Back and forth for most of the race they went, Damon going double single Kason going triple. Damon was able to hold off Kason and Take the win and ease the drive back to Spokane with a W in hand.
1) Damon Palm
2) Kason Russell
3) Jim Bise

Full Results of the main->

8TH SCALE BUGGY
11 Car turnout so not enough for a B but enough for a Great A main. Joe Cathey got out front and stayed there, but the story was behind him the battles and position trading. Darren hill was Running a strong Second place run just ahead of Shannon and Jade when a fuel stop led to a flame out and lost time. This put Shannon and Jade in a back and forth battle for the rest of the race coming down to the last lap where Dylan Julian was able to cash in on the battles ahead and passed the two 2nd and 3rd cars on the last lap while Shannon was able to hold Jade off by 1 Sec! Some corrections to the times for Darren had to be made due to counting on the infield instead of the straightaway loop after a flameout. Great run by all!
1) Joe Cathey
2) Dylan Julian
3) Shannon Azure

Full Results of the main->

Last edited by i1justin; 05-21-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #29
Tech Master

Default No Race on the 23rd

Hey everyone I know coming up in 2 days would normally be the scheduled race day for club racing here in the Tri-Cities but there will be NO race this weekend. This is memorial weekend and many of the club commitee members will be Racing the Northwest Championship Tour race up in Spokane. With no one to run the races and it being a 3 day weekend with travel for alot of people we did not schedule a race on this weekend. We HOPE to see ALL of you at the JUNE 6th race where we will discuss the start times for Racing in July and August, currently 6pm schedule but want to know what the drivers think as we never thought we would get turnouts this large so thank you and we want you to keep coming so we are open to change.... See you on the 6th!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:44 AM   #30
Tech Master

Default Club Race #4

Well the long break is over and its time to get back to racing! The next race is this upcoming saturday June 6th out at the Northest RC Speedway offroad track ( normal location). This is the 4th race of 11 for the year. With spokane and Selah running races the same weekend the turnout will most likely be notably smaller than previous races. But if you are in the area stop by, the racing action will still be fast and have some great battles. see you there !

signups finished at 1230 racing at 1PM