Wiki Posts
Search

On Road Class Consolidation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wolfman864
When I was a cook in the Army, the biggest thing that was stressed was standardization. You could be in Ft. Bragg one day and eat an omelette, then be in a US base in Korea the next day and have an omelette again and it would be the same.

So, what classes goes on for RC Plus, need to be the same in TZ2, need to be the same for SIR etc etc, especially for major races like NWIC. Club nights could be modified to better serve the local racers for club races only.
I do agreed on standardization .keep it simple
Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jtveten
The biggest complaint I hear about the ECT program is the additional super stock classes. Most want it eliminated, due to the majority running the same motor in super stock and mod classes. What's the point, other than double track time. Makes for an already long day, longer. The racers would remain the same, but would make for more competition.
Have you raced any of these races?, who are you and why would anyone complain to you about the ECT series.

Who is most, because its one of the most popular class's, Do you see how that don't add up?

The numbers are the facts, what do you have to back up yours?

Torry Hadley
Old 02-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
its the NWIC that can't keep a set of rules in place. club racing needs to do whats best for that track to keep open, SIR didn't do that, and now its closed.
The NWIC uses ROAR rules and has for years, track added classes not for points were open to that particular race.
Last season an outlaw class was added for the benefit of BL motors, 10.5/19, and that changed the 19t class a bit before ROAR added 10.5 to the 19t class.

The only mid season rule discussion was about WGT.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Legend

Ron, get the race program straighten out & kill the foams , that would get my attention....
Old 02-17-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

yeah I ask Ron's question to Ritchie???????? If I rememer correctly we tried one mid season rule change for WGT and it was the wrong decision... other than that ithe NWIC is a solid and stable series that just need the people that sit on the fence and complain to just put up and come race, and quick friken comparing us to off road....

Ritchie also had the criptic a one-line statement on the regional forum also???????
Old 02-17-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcplus
its the NWIC that can't keep a set of rules in place. Why do you say that?
"And that Todd Mason... great to meet you Todd. Interesting to see the single cell Lipo powered 1/12th scale running; bodes well for the future. I have try 10.5 with the SC before too long."

that and the rules changes for WGT.

of course I'm assuming Todd was allowed to run his 1/12 in the race, if he didn't or wasn't, then I take it back, except for the WGT thing, and the rules have changed from year to year
Old 02-17-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MAD916
yeah I ask Ron's question to Ritchie???????? If I rememer correctly we tried one mid season rule change for WGT and it was the wrong decision... other than that ithe NWIC is a solid and stable series that just need the people that sit on the fence and complain to just put up and come race, and quick friken comparing us to off road....

Ritchie also had the criptic a one-line statement on the regional forum also???????
it wasn't criptic, you said, you would follow roar rules for the wgt class at big races, apparently you decided it would be better to split the class for the regionals.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skypilot
it wasn't criptic, you said, you would follow roar rules for the wgt class at big races, apparently you decided it would be better to split the class for the regionals.
Adding a promoters class is well within the guidelines put forth by ROAR. The track owner can add one class to the race schedule. I would prefer that they add the outlaw class and see the racers at the track than fight about batteries on threads like this and alienate racers to the point that they don't show up.

As for Todd's single cell 1/12th.... he was down on power, he knew it, so no one cared and it got another racer and got people to start looking to the future. I seriously doubt that anyone there had an issue with it. Todd knew he was going to be slower but he still wanted to compete. Lynn Cluck also ran a 1s... same story.

The bit that I would like some clarification on is the comments about rollover antennae. I didn't know of anyone specifically using a rollover antenna on a WGT car. It still wouldn't have been a big deal to me. but rollover antennae are not really required on a properly setup car. I only traction rolled twice all weekend and landed on my wheels pointed the right way both times. A rollover antenna ends up just flipping the car backwards and makes the turn marshal have to take action which slows the guy down. so i don't see where there is an appreciable advantage gained. Additionally, it sounds to me from his comments that he was ignorant of the rule and feels bad about it now. Otherwise he wouldn't have outed himself on a thread like this. If he did know, then he should be ashamed of himself for not following the rules and taking advantage of the honor system. I don't see where the dig at the NWIC series was appropriate. If you want to complain, come race with us and stop trolling. I love ya Richie you know that.. but damn. Mark, Darren, Ron, and Doug put on an awesome series that everyone who attended enjoyed immensely.

As for Regionals. Show up or shut up...
Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Ritchie, you are one that can not be satisfied, Mark and I added a promoters class for the 10th scale pan cars so the ones that DO NOT want to run round batteries we can run our lipos. So you through out there we don't follow rules adding a promoters class is well with in the rules.
Try Bringing your sh-t out and race then complain if you feel the need to or you might find out you had a good time and all is well.

At the regionals we will see the two 10th scale pan cars classes and really see how different the lap times are and how the cars handle with different power plants work to help us determine what will work for next year WGT class. If we decide on 17.5 lipo for our series then when we go to a big race or Roar event and want to run WGT we will install the power plant that would be required for that event and tune for the race and not bitch, we need to make our classes work for our area not what a couple of people want to see expressly the ones that do not support our series.

As for the rest of the key board cowboys till you attend the races in the series whether it is the WCS or the NWIC when you support the series more then one race and support at least 50% of the races you should keep your comments to your self and not bitch about some thing you don not support.

As for getting rid of foam ties classes Sean common the foam classes are fun to run and maybe cost a little more at the club levels to run but when I have attended big races and see rubber car drivers return from tech with 15 sets of tires for one weekend how does that save money???. Because if we have only rubber classes and not foam then people will watch the faster guys buying multiple tire sets for one weekend to gain a little advantage and then you just spent $ 96.00 on rubber tires for one weekend to try and keep up that a lot cheaper then foams uh.

we will always keep the foam classes for the people that want to run foam and rubber classes for the ones that want rubber, if you feel Europe has it figured out maybe that where you should run, How many NWIC, or WCS series races did you attend this year and I ask that of every one that complains about the way things are done if you do not participate in the series then please keep your comments about the series to your self.

Thanks for reading my two cents worth.

Rick St.Cyr (Fabman)

TIMEZONE RACING
Old 02-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Fred those drivers in prostock would return to the depleted class's of stock and mod and time at the races would not be an issue. That was my only point! Seems like the keep it simple theory keeps getting lost in the vision of what everyone thinks the on road scene should look like. Hopefully at some point we can get past this and put what's best for our hobby first.

It's Ernie Douglas, but my friends call me Chip.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

These are the same old questions I have heard for over 25 years. YOU CAN"T FIX IT ! Everyone has an opinion,everyone has a class they want to run. In the end it's what shows up. Don't worry about it :-)
Drop foam classes, what are you nuts, it's fun and fast. I have always felt rubber only outdoors and both indoors.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Well said Mike !
Old 02-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This thread is about consolidating classes to improve the numbers in on-road racing, I pointed out the comarison of the no. of classes in offroad, 10 classes in the ECT series vs 7 classes in the NWIC.

With the no. of classes in off-road and the strength of the ECT, it's ovious that the no. of classes in on-road is not the problem.

And as for my 'frigin" comparison between the two, when I swiched over to off-road, all I needed was a new chassis and tires, used my same servo, speeedo, motor, reciever and transponder, even the same radio. It's still RC racing, I can still do both on and off-road, I can buy kits and parts at the same hobby shop and I still support the RC industry.

Fred
Old 02-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Ellis
These are the same old questions I have heard for over 25 years. YOU CAN"T FIX IT ! Everyone has an opinion,everyone has a class they want to run. In the end it's what shows up. Don't worry about it :-)
Drop foam classes, what are you nuts, it's fun and fast. I have always felt rubber only outdoors and both indoors.
Agreed the foam debate is silly. if there's carpet, foam is probably a viable options but asphalt rubber is where it's at. I am speaking form not having a carpet track and my opinions are based on me racing a asphalt schedule. I just think running stock, mod and spec class's makes it easier for a off road convert to understand, RC racing is expensive no matter what you run and fortunately tire wear/ parts is keeping alot of hobby shops in business. I would race mod touring if tires lasted more than two runs. Luckily this isn't nascar so when i wear through the rubber i wont take out the field. Well, maybe I have been known to suck a few people into my wrecks.

Fred Im not bashing your theory just stating my experience with the ect( which i like profusely). I think you make valid points, for me racin 16 hours is fun but if we could run for 10-12 hours and race a enduro or dash for cash and having a populated mod and stock class is funner. I was all for prostock before, now I think its diminished the other classes. With on road "IMO" there two many stipulations.......I mean in off road you can run what ever battery and what ever motor up to a certain point. Its not you have to run this combo or sit out. Hey if i wanna run a 10.5 in mod and a spur gear in place of my pinion in order to be competitve I will. Instead of, if your running anything other than a 17.5 with "this battery" u must conform. My post are directed at touring car as for the other classes I think its pretty straight forward spec raciing. Trust me i wish there was a carpet track here close and I look forward to trying to make it to timezone 2 in the future but as for now to encourage all racers simple is where its at! Touring car mod , stock and novice.

Last edited by JROCK4224; 02-17-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rewp
Adding a promoters class is well within the guidelines put forth by ROAR. The track owner can add one class to the race schedule. I would prefer that they add the outlaw class and see the racers at the track than fight about batteries on threads like this and alienate racers to the point that they don't show up.

As for Todd's single cell 1/12th.... he was down on power, he knew it, so no one cared and it got another racer and got people to start looking to the future. I seriously doubt that anyone there had an issue with it. Todd knew he was going to be slower but he still wanted to compete. Lynn Cluck also ran a 1s... same story.

The bit that I would like some clarification on is the comments about rollover antennae. I didn't know of anyone specifically using a rollover antenna on a WGT car. It still wouldn't have been a big deal to me. but rollover antennae are not really required on a properly setup car. I only traction rolled twice all weekend and landed on my wheels pointed the right way both times. A rollover antenna ends up just flipping the car backwards and makes the turn marshal have to take action which slows the guy down. so i don't see where there is an appreciable advantage gained. Additionally, it sounds to me from his comments that he was ignorant of the rule and feels bad about it now. Otherwise he wouldn't have outed himself on a thread like this. If he did know, then he should be ashamed of himself for not following the rules and taking advantage of the honor system. I don't see where the dig at the NWIC series was appropriate. If you want to complain, come race with us and stop trolling. I love ya Richie you know that.. but damn. Mark, Darren, Ron, and Doug put on an awesome series that everyone who attended enjoyed immensely.

As for Regionals. Show up or shut up...
I am fully aware of the extra non roar class being allowed, I.E. SIR ran a silver can class, BUT THERE IS A ROAR WGT CLASS AND SPLITTING THAT CLASS IS, WELL, POINTLESS, OTHER THEN TO DECREASE THE NUMBER OF WGT ENTRIES, IF TZ wants to run lipo at club races then fine, but this ain't a club race.

1/12, the rules state pretty damn clearly, 4 cell 13.5, where does 10.5 1s lipo fall into the rules IT DOES NOT, THERE FORE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED, REGUARDLESS OF POWER OUTPUT OR ABILTILY TO KEEP UP.

I have no idea what your talking about with the roll over antenna and made no comment on the subject.

and yes it is a hellava series, and people work hard to put it on, i agree and applaud them for doing so. my comment wasn't a "dig" it was a fact and the 'truth',

as far as regionals, was talking to Mike C last night about going and running WGT and 1/12. maybe I'll run WGT with a 1s and 8.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.