Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Race Videos from Saturday Jan 24 2015 ~ Seattle RC Racers club race
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...wYgyKvpGkW3Yb_

I saw something totally wrong. Sorry Brett!

Last edited by Magnet Top; 01-26-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Airtronics MT-4S

Hi all,

So, I found a deal on the Airtronics MT-4S. I'm using an Airtronics M11X, and the MT-4S looked appealing for the price.

What are some of your experiences using the MT-4S? I noticed it does not have a drop wheel, but I imagine it's very lightweight. Does it have all the essential functions? What is it missing compared to the M12? Any comfort issues due to lacking a drop wheel?

Thanks for any inside info!

Peace,
Samwise
Old 01-26-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

There is something absolutely addictive about going really fast. I would say mod12 feeds that addiction. It's scary and not always pretty, but it's pretty darn exhilarating. There is something about "can I thread that line without lifting" and "I am boosting in the sweeper under the basket ball hoop". Not once do you hear "that guy is a hack, I wish he didn't race mod". No. No. Mod12 is like "we are all over our head, let's work this out and see what happens". To control chaos, to tame horsepower, to find a tenth....that is mod12!

I managed to find a solitary 9.0 lap Saturday night. Dave will likely beat me to the 8's..... but what a rush!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
There is something absolutely addictive about going really fast. I would say mod12 feeds that addiction. It's scary and not always pretty, but it's pretty darn exhilarating. There is something about "can I thread that line without lifting" and "I am boosting in the sweeper under the basket ball hoop". Not once do you hear "that guy is a hack, I wish he didn't race mod". No. No. Mod12 is like "we are all over our head, let's work this out and see what happens". To control chaos, to tame horsepower, to find a tenth....that is mod12!

I managed to find a solitary 9.0 lap Saturday night. Dave will likely beat me to the 8's..... but what a rush!!!
It's fun watching the mod cars (1/12 and TC) drifting through the chicane!

Also, I want to apologize to John Tsang for making a rookie marshaling mistake and stepping in front of his car in the Mod 12 A-main (the mod cars get around that sweeper wayyyy faster than I thought), and to Mike Clifton for accidentally running him wide into a pipe during the stock 1/12 main; after watching the video, I realized I definitely should have let off there.

Overall, fun racing last night though.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Don't worry about it.

Like Brian said, I'm in over my head with that class It's a tad too fast for me to be able to look ahead.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
Hi all,

So, I found a deal on the Airtronics MT-4S. I'm using an Airtronics M11X, and the MT-4S looked appealing for the price.

What are some of your experiences using the MT-4S? I noticed it does not have a drop wheel, but I imagine it's very lightweight. Does it have all the essential functions? What is it missing compared to the M12? Any comfort issues due to lacking a drop wheel?

Peace,
Samwise
I have the standard 4 not the 4s. I'm old and probably couldn't tell the difference in speed. It's very very light, even with double A's. It has everything you could ask for in settings. The menu's are better too than the m11x.
I believe the biggest difference between it and the M12 is build (someone correct me please!). The response should be the same. The M12 has different grips, drop down, angles etc. The M12 IMO feels better in hand and more solid like the M11x. My mt4 is great though for the dollar. I was also worried about the drop down but quickly got used to it. It almost feels in between a drop down and standard radio.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
Hi all,

Peace,
Samwise
I will echo Andrew's comments about the MT-4. I also have the original MT-4 and have been nothing but satisfied with it. I thought I would miss a drop down wheel, but I've found it just fine without. I still run AA's and it is plenty light and has all the features I'm ever going to want. The only thing it is missing for me is being back lit (MT-4S has that), and even though I'm sure it would make no difference in lap times, the knowledge that there is something faster out there (MT-4S has that covered too). If my bank account was a little more flush I'd by a 40th anniversary edition MT-4S that comes with 2 receivers and call it a day.

P.S. fun racing last Saturday! Thanks to the whole Seattle RC Racer crew for keeping things going strong.

- Brian
Old 01-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Sam, I'll double echo what was said. The mt4s is quite good. ( When you first posted the question I sent a pm , so look for that ). but I'll publicly say that I'm very happy with the mt4s. It has a very simple menu system compared to the m12 and has all the features you need although without a full drop down included. I think Andrew is right, it feels a like its a partial drop down already. I think the speed is supposedly as fast as an m12, but I would guess the mt4 is fast enough too. The mt4s is lighter than the m12 but I like a lighter transmitter. The GUI options are not nearly as robust as the m12 so if you love to tinker with settings and fine tune presets the m12 is better in that way but the GUI suffers from bloat because of it.

Good luck ,

Jake
Old 01-28-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

So, driving to work this morning underneath the Convention Center, I realize my headlights are out. Seriously?! Now? It's dark, so I try the high beams and they come on. But, now I'm the jerk driving around with his high beams on in a minivan. So, I dead head it down the HOV lane so as to not blind the people in front of me, thinking, "I'm that guy." My ancestors would not be proud.

Anyway, it's a race night, and none too soon. Wednesday night 1/12th scale at Hangar 30...I'm so ready.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Haven't raced in 3 months, finally finished my ARC, ill be out tonight, cant wait
Old 01-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

i'm still in Hawaii...i'll be back Feb 4th. I raced last weekend here in Oahu at Race World Hawaii outdoor asphalt track...had a blast, but was disappointed with the small turnout. I 3rd placed Amain VTA and 2nd placed Amain F1...doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment when there are only 4 cars in the show....nothing like racing in the NW!
Old 01-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

I got me a huge hankerin' for the hanger, so that's where I'll be hangin' tonight. See ya there all.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey guys, We have a rare opportunity at NORA to have an impromptu weds night race this weds 2/4 I will open the doors at 4pm and if we get a descent turnout racing will start at 7. If turn out is low we can have open practice until 9:30 or so! Hope to see everyone there.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Tech Initiate

What a good then stupid game today
I feel sick, and I'm not even a real football fan!
No words except, " what about beast mode"?
Old 02-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

What are you looking at butthead? Say Hi to your mom for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.