Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

This is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.... I know I do.

Our region is in such a good place right now, when it comes to racing and places to race. We haven't had this strong of an On-Road presence, and this strong of an Off-Road scene in a very long time, and I believe that comes with all clubs working together and playing to their strengths.

When I heard that DieHard was getting north of 100 entries on a Saturday race, my first thought was "That's so awesome!" But then when I saw this conversation come up, my feeling was "Why would we encroach on that?"

DieHard is killing it right now, as is TRCR, so why compete with that and take car counts away from an already thriving club, or from TRCR's awesome club nights? What the Off-Road scene has with carpet every other Saturday and dirt every week is awesome.

We've done the whole "competing" thing between tracks in On-Road years ago.... trust me, it didn't work out. We ended up with a lot of egos, hurt feelings, lost racers and nowhere to race. Hence, why "Seattle RC Racers" was born.

On top of all that, and the obvious wear on our carpet, we just don't have the wiggle room for a bigger program during the week (Wednesday) with the already-tight schedule we have to keep. We also have no other days we could add to our rent that I'm aware of.

Trust me, I'd be the first to run carpet Off-Road here, but it's just not viable. If I get a buggy in the near future, I'll either go to TRCR (Which I loved) or DieHard (carpet looks like a hoot). Both of those programs deserve to keep the audience they have, and not have another club trying to split the pot.

I do agree with the crossover part of it. Racing Off-Road for the short time that I did definitely helped my On-Road program.
R3VoLuTiOn and JoshuaRC10 like this.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spektrum AVC: BANNED

Spektrum is incorporating traction control into a new line of receivers. They call it AVC.

Whatever name it goes by, traction control is banned from all classes, Novice included, at all of our races.

If racers have AVC receivers in their cars, they will have to have it in "blinky" mode, which indicates the traction control function is disabled.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

my airtronics radio has traction control, been using it for years, think the official name is trigger, lol
jeff jenkins likes this.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Race Night! Hope to see you at Hangar 30, 5pm for track build. Can't make it? Follow the results online as they happen on RC Scoring Pro.
RC Scoring Pro | Seattle RC Racers
Old 11-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skypilot
my airtronics radio has traction control, been using it for years, think the official name is trigger, lol
My radio has Ludicrous Mode, just like the Tesla Model S, also named trigger. Pin it to win it, baby!!!!
Old 11-16-2017, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hangar 30, Round 4 Results

Thanks again to Jesse Anderson from The Racer Underground for another great race recap this week. Be sure to let him know what to think!

I challenge you to find a more “bang for your buck” mid-week form of entertainment than a Wednesday club race. I then, challenge you to find another Wednesday club program with the wherewithal (Or sheer stupidity, depending on who you talk to), that could turn & burn four Qualifiers and a Main, packed up and out for cheesy fries by 10:20….

It was a ludicrous schedule, and my battery officially hates me, but I’m fairly certain that I’ve never gotten more track time on a single night. 4 heats per round and light numbers made for quick turnaround times, but solid racing is each class, nonetheless.

Five full rounds of racing in anger…. That should hold me over for a couple of weeks.... Maybe.

NOVICE:
Another club race, another solid 4-car field of Novice racers laying down some door-banging action. While the TQ was traded back and forth throughout the night, it would be the new challenger Paul Nortness taking TQ honors for the night, with Gary Bennett slotted in second and young Ryan Yasuda rounding out the field. The main was a door-banging fiesta with Paul and Gary swapping blows and the lead several times. In the end, the ageless-wonder asserted his dominance and took a well-deserved win over Paul, with Ryan finishing on the podium in third.

SCALE SPEC:
Scale Spec was a clinic in dominance by Mike Boyle, to put it lightly. After taking TQ in each of the four qualifying rounds, the Main looked set up to be as exciting as a Kimi Raikkonen interview. While Mike would indeed take the win, the expected door-to-door action of Scale Spec kept the field close and the racing fun to watch. Kyle Bradshaw put in a good drive to finish second, and Jeff Johnson would take the final step on the podium after a tight battle with Jerry Boyle.

STOCK TOURING:
Stock Touring was light on cars (Only 4), but provided good track time and a fun Main. There’s no substitute for race experience, and with 5 rounds of racing, I was able to turn an above-average amount of laps and become more confident in my driving. Alvin Nucum was also working to dial in his new ride as well, so the extra rounds were a welcome change. Jake Danilchik was the rocket man yet again in qualifying, with Stuart a close second and myself slotted in third for the night. The Main was a tight battle between the top three, thanks to Jake slowing up to keep things interesting. After a few bobbles by me, it became a two horse race between Stuart and Jake in the final minute. In the final laps, Stuart would make a bold pass to take the win by a mere tenth of a second. I could hear ooooh's and ahhhh's in my peripheral, so it must've been good.....

STOCK 12TH:
Stock 12th has been consistently providing excellent racing at each of the four Wednesday rounds held, and has been a favorite of mine to watch. Brian was the man to beat all night in qualifying, but come the Main, Stuart was ready and mounted a charge toward the front with a bold pass on Brian. After a couple of bobbles, Brian would mount a charge of his own and would catch the younger Mason at the halfway mark, and would not look back. Further back, George Strichen would have a solid drive of his own, staying consistent through the eight minute race. The final order of another great 12th Scale Main would be Brian, Stuart, and George. Well done boys.

We’re back at it this weekend at the Community center for another Saturday fiesta, and back at the Hangar on the 29th. Thanks to everyone who came out, set up, tore down and ripped through five full rounds of racing. It was a hoot and a half! Let’s do it again!

Results posted below
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Round 1.pdf (518.8 KB, 62 views)
Round 2.pdf (522.6 KB, 115 views)
Round 3.pdf (525.0 KB, 61 views)
Round 4.pdf (522.4 KB, 69 views)
Mains.pdf (513.1 KB, 101 views)
Old 11-17-2017, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Evening all! I’ll be up in Seattle for work the week after Thanksgiving and thinking about doing some racing. I’ll be in Seattle proper and looks like the Hangar on Wednesday is the best place to race during the week?

I’m way rusty and just getting back into it, but I’ll have my T4’17. I’ll bring my 17.5 motor and probably will just race that.

Racing start at 7? Anyone have a setup sheet for the T4’17?

Looking to have some fun playing with toy cars!
Old 11-17-2017, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Excellent! Nov 29 is our next H30 experience. Track build at 5P, open laps start about 5:35, R1 at 7 sharp. Lights out by 10:30. $20 a class. 36x80 lay out on HD2 with a couple of bumps to mix it up. If you are traveling, snag a chair from the hotel, but we have plenty of tables and power. SXT 3.0 is the preferred sauce. Kyle is you race director. He's witty and sharp dressed. It's a good bunch of guys enjoying a little guilty pleasure in the middle of a work week. Your Xray'17 17.5 power will fit right in. Git ready to hustle!
Old 11-18-2017, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Just double checking to see if you guys still have an inventory of tires. Looks like i will be dusting off the cob Webb’s and Racing some onroad tonight! Looking forward to it.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

We have plenty of touring spec tires Jeff. $25 per set for Jaco Blues. The best deal in racing you'll find.

Come on out!

R3VoLuTiOn likes this.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome !
Old 11-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

It was fun racing onroad again last night. Want to thank travis for the awesome deal on a yokomo to get me a car to race! Look forward to when i can make it out to race with you all again.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default 18Nov2017 Race Report

A wonderful race night with 10 heats, 57 entries, and stellar competition across the board. At the start of the season I feared the 5 o'clock starts would mean late outs, tired racers, shorthanded tear downs, and a cranky few left holding the bag. But! So far so good. Both the beginnings and ends of our nights have gone swiftly; we were ready to roll in 30 minutes from a cold gym floor, and we cleaned up just as fast at the end. For sure, it's appreciated when as many people as possible can stay, as many hands make light work, but those who stuck around got it done in a hurry!

I also want to say thanks to Alex for generously taking the mic for a good portion of the evening. He had bad luck in practice, which broke his car, so he was out for the night. It's a favor I won't ask again! It was my lightest RD duty at the gym since we moved in, giving me a chance to actually corner marshal, mind the track, and see the action from the floor. I even had a couple of conversations.

Scale Spec: Donny continues to run roughshod over the field, asking for and giving no quarter as he rumbles over the field. Gary Lewis ran a solid, uneventful second with gaps in front and behind. The real race in the main unfolded between Kerry and Justin, with Jerry not far behind. Kerry looked to have a good third place run going, but just past the halfway mark he hit a bump and gave the spot to Justin. Despite some rapid laps from Kerry which closed the gap, Justin held on for the last podium step, a nice reward for his efforts to attend after having raced up in Richmond during the day. That's dedication!

Novice: A single Cartwright made our Novice field. It looks like young Ayden will be carrying on his father's tradition. My advice bud is enjoy the track time and stick with it. When you're young, the improvements come in great leaps, enjoy the advantages that come with youth!

Stock 1/12th: Bodine continues to assert himself, as he clearly has his motor/chassis/battery package dialed in, and he is stone cold on the stand, never throwing away a fast car. What is there to say? It's a privilege to race him, and he never messes around. He frets that maybe his torch will start to sputter and dim, but for now, it's burning bright. Ron and I had a nice battle for the two-spot for about half the race until I got past after several minutes of riding his spur gear. Ron's another solid one who quietly goes about his competent way, clocking in with good runs and seldom missing his marks.

Modified Touring: After taking a break from onroad last season to race FPV drones, our illustrious national champion found his way back to the gym and quickly got sorted. Qualifying was a build up, as Kody was clearly feeling out the car, setup, tires, and all the stuff. But you could tell, it was coming. In the main he formed up in a three-car train with Andrew and Korey leading. After the inevitable tap-taps disrupted their flow, Panda got past and never looked back. Andrew made a desperate charge in the closing laps, but it was not enough to spoil Kody's return. The champ was back, but we will have to see whether our once-upon-a-time king is committed to being our future king, or if the call of flight will once again pull him away. There's no question his presence ups the stakes for everyone, so let's hope he finds his reward with us.

Formula One: When he shows, it's typical to see Mark Tveten at the front of the F1 field, but last night he had his hands full with club stalwart Russ Dyer who was clearly not content to see Mark have his way with the race. Mark opened with a strong Q1 and set the mark, but then Russ responded with an even faster Q2 run that earned him the pole for the night. After Mark declined to take the grid in the main, Russ ran a clean straight line that closed out his night with a win. Dave and Dave rolled through to fill out the podium.

Stock Touring: Let's give clear credit to Donny for logging another excellent win in the Stock class, but let's also call out newcomer Dan for delivering a beautiful drive on his maiden outing at the gym. He carved an immaculate line for 11 laps with Donny right on his tail until a bobble swapped positions. Dan quickly recovered and trailed right behind, applying pressure. Donny hung tough, but Dan served notice that there is another contender in the field. Welcome to Seattle, Dan! What a pleasant surprise to have a driver of quality simply turn up like this.

Modified 1/12th: I switched up the Team Mason tire program for the night, which for all but the last two minutes of the main left Stuart to deal with too-big tires. But fortunately, he hung in and did not get discouraged because he found his pace in the waning minutes of the night and charged through both myself and Brian to take a deserving win. The Jaco Blue touring tires are changing the game for us in 1/12th scale, as they are laying down a much darker groove than the old Team Powers specs we had been running in past seasons. The cuts I used to run won't serve now. Going forward we will be better prepared. Which gives little comfort from a competitive standpoint for those of us trying to hold off the rampaging 12-year-old. His Big Chill drive in Mod 1/12th was stellar, and unlike those of us counting our decades on a full hand or more, he's only just begun. Crikey!

Plenty of racing in the region next weekend with NORA and Rose City hosting club races, and Kelowna hosting their WCICS round. So, if the tryptophan coma has worn off come Saturday, go find a race somewhere.

Results attached.
Attached Files
Q1 18Nov2017.pdf (329.2 KB, 73 views)
Q2 18Nov2017.pdf (333.9 KB, 79 views)
Mains 18Nov2017.pdf (267.9 KB, 117 views)
KR145 likes this.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

link to the race videos from the November 18 2017 race night

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...CmfXPTWKv474c8

Jake
jeff jenkins and JoshuaRC10 like this.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default IFMAR 2018

Y'know, this looks pretty rad. Indoor asphalt 1/12th scale could be the best thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYGfptaI_C0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.