Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-18-2015, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Well Just to say
I do like like the ideal of spec tires..But I brought a set of Spec CRC tires last season.It require to redo my set up all over again..The problem I am getting is lack of track time to redo my set up..it may take even longer for mine than some other brands to get their 12th scale to works well into shorter time
Like you said , you not believe the spec tires privilege one brand over another ..yes your right ,BUT CRC company
tested the spec tires under their brands car and they approved the spec tires before they put them on the market.. it isn't the same as the tires company produced tires for all 12th scale being tested
So my question ,as long there's purple strip on the tires is good to go as the spec tires?
You have to understand Franco, You're just not special.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hey Franko,

I can't guarantee any individual's results with a given tire combo, but I can try to answer your question in a thoughtful way.

Your question: All 1/12th scales are different. Will the spec tires with all cars?

I will tell you, I do believe every car can be set up to run competitively with the spec tires. I further believe every car can realize the benefits of the spec tires (simplicity, easy to drive, sauce and go, many runs, economy) once the setup is dialed in.

I do not believe the spec tires privilege one brand over another. My AE sets up beautifully with them, as does Stuart's older CRC, as does Brian' newest CRC. We've all beaten each other at different times. I am 1000% confident that a SpeedMerchant setup can be dialed in to be competitive with whatever else is on the track. I haven't run every car out there, but I've run no fewer than four front ends (AE L4, AE 12R5, Old Skool, CRC Pro-Strut) on different chassis, and every one of them could easily be set up to work with the spec tires. I have not run the New Skool, but there's nothing special about it--that's a great front end, versatile, adjustable, adaptable.

The only brand that is an orphan as kitted is the Yokomo. The fix is simple: install a standard rear axle and hub.

Spec tires for Stock 1/12th will be wonderful. And fast. Blake was able to make his adjustments in a bare few runs and in fact owns our track record with spec tires on. That was an open tire race, and the front of the field, top three cars on the same lap at the front in the main: Blake, Brian, Stuart, were on spec tires.
Top 4 cars were on spec tires
Old 08-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Money Clarity

As many of you will have noted, we are undertaking a fundraising drive to pave the onroad track at North Seatac park.

At the same time, we are heading into our biggest and most expensive indoor racing season ever. Our rents at Hangar 30 and the Community Center are going up. Nevertheless, we will NOT be raising our entry fees this year. We will be holding steady at $15 per entry and $25 family.

I will not compromise on any part of Accessible, Affordable, and Fun.

The club is funded by entry fees, raffles, and the occasional cash donation. The funds we have were given with the understanding that they would support our existing race programs. And so they will. All funds in hand from our existing racing will go toward supporting that racing.

Likewise, funds raised for the onroad track at SeaTac will go toward that track.

The funds will be accounted for separately, overseen by our treasurer, reported to the Comp Committee, and reported to the club at large in our open meetings. The funds will not be mixed.

As they have always been, our finances are open and accountable to the club's leadership and to the racers who support us.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default Seatac OnRoad

Does that mean that we would have a place to practice on-road, and that track would also hold club racing?

That sounds like a very cool idea. Would it be open mostly whenever?

Max and I have started to run 2WD mod off-road at Tacoma RC.

We really have only been out like 2 or 3 times this year after 1/12th ended. It is still fun and great to get away, but after being with you guys and seeing how fun on-road is, clearly it is the better RC sport.

Much faster, more precise, family friendly, foam tires to cut, Mini Mason, and it's in 2D.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lence
Does that mean that we would have a place to practice on-road, and that track would also hold club racing?

Exactly!

That sounds like a very cool idea. Would it be open mostly whenever?

It is in North SeaTac Park, it is free and open during normal park hours (dawn to dusk, the usual parks thing).

Max and I have started to run 2WD mod off-road at Tacoma RC.

Sounds fun.

We really have only been out like 2 or 3 times this year after 1/12th ended. It is still fun and great to get away, but after being with you guys and seeing how fun on-road is, clearly it is the better RC sport.

With due respect for the dedication our offroad brothers show to their craft, I agree...onroad rocks!

Much faster, more precise, family friendly, foam tires to cut, Mini Mason, and it's in 2D.

If geeking out is your thing--and Ryan, if I may, I seem to detect a kindred geekiness in your comportment (takes one to know one)--then onroad has it covered. Consider the tire truer and the pleasure of foam tires. It's a lathe, right? Precision tools and sub-millimeter tolerances abound. Fantastic!
Old 08-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

since the new onroad track will be almost always open... any chance of a 24hr enduro?
Old 08-21-2015, 11:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Go there now... have at it.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I've got a nice setup available to a new driver considering a start in Novice or Scale Spec. More info at http://www.rctech.net/forum/14154197-post12620.html. I'll happily help the new driver get rolling and onward through the season.

Bill S.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default enduro

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Go there now... have at it.
WOooo hooo!! I won!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Gig
Tech Apprentice

Default Sept Sat Community Center?

Are there practices on Sat in Sept 16th in the Community Center?
Old 08-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Gig
Tech Apprentice

Default Sept Sat Community Center?

Are there practices on Sat now in Community Center? I understand there is a scheduling Club Race on Sept 26th but will there be practice on Sat before that date, specially Sat Sept 12th?
Old 08-28-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Wiley,

There are no practice days beyond what is on the schedule. You'll get approximately an hour, maybe a bit more, between the track being built and the drivers meeting on race night.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't forget:

Club Meeting
Wednesday, September 2
7pm
Wedgwood Broiler
Seattle, WA

Come one and all.

Agenda to follow next week when I"m back from the beach
Who's gonna be there?
Old 08-31-2015, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default Club Meeting

A reminder, our club meeting coming up.

Wednesday, September 2
7pm
Wedgwood Broiler
8230 35th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115

Agenda attached.

Formula 1 racers. This is your chance to make your case.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2Sep2015 Club Meeting Agenda.pdf (178.9 KB, 103 views)
Old 09-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

A reminder, our club meeting coming up.

Wednesday, September 2
7pm
Wedgwood Broiler
8230 35th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115

Agenda attached.

Formula 1 racers. This is your chance to make your case.
I will be there for as many races as possible
preferably with my f1
cant make the meeting thought as its a little too far away

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.