Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Get on it Kyle! I believe T. O. Double D has a lot on his table running the indoor program plus working on the Seatac track in the summer. I'm sure 5 days at the Hangar would cost a small fortune. Plenty of room there though. And I miss post 15000. Epic fail day
Old 03-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
I think the CC should seriously loom in to hosting a Nats. Why not? If the decision is made early enough and the core of the club can commit to hosting it the sooner the better. From all my followings we have one of the biggest clubs in the country and race on a temp track....

The biggest research needed to be done ASAP is venue.. Being its' s a 5 day event the CC is more than likely out of the question and so may be the Hangar. The Hangar wouod be a perfect venue IF the track could be brought up to a higher level in regards to the floor. Putting down a subfloor like IIC wouod be a great solution but would come a a big price along with the rent. Maybe a high school out on spring break or something to that effect can be had.

I say take it to the table and let's seriously take a look at it. I would say interest would be extremely high for racing during the day.....
In the hanger with a sub floor. Turtlemaster Racing is in for support.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the CC should seriously loom in to hosting a Nats. Why not? If the decision is made early enough and the core of the club can commit to hosting it the sooner the better. From all my followings we have one of the biggest clubs in the country and race on a temp track....

The biggest research needed to be done ASAP is venue.. Being its' s a 5 day event the CC is more than likely out of the question and so may be the Hangar. The Hangar wouod be a perfect venue IF the track could be brought up to a higher level in regards to the floor. Putting down a subfloor like IIC wouod be a great solution but would come a a big price along with the rent. Maybe a high school out on spring break or something to that effect can be had.

I say take it to the table and let's seriously take a look at it. I would say interest would be extremely high for racing during the day.....
Originally Posted by Kody
Indeed it was!

Thank you everyone for the congrats yesterday on my win last week. Its awesome to have such a great bunch of racers in the NW and all the support. Our club is key to growing fast racers and its something some take for granted. We can achieve what ever we set our minds too and it shows!

2015 ROAR Carpet Nationals Hosted by Seattle RC Racers in Seattle, WA. How's that sound? (Tell Todd how awesome this would be!)

Kody
Originally Posted by grippgoat
I'm all in for hosting nats! We'll need the big race experience to prepare for worlds in 2020!

7-roll carpet track at the hangar? 180 foot straight?

-Mike
I would donate Time and Money to make this happen!
I would ask the comp committee, how much support for this idea would you need to consider committing to this venture? maybe not the 7 roll wide 180ft long track... (damn that would be cool) but there is alot of merit to what jake said about seeing the fastest of the fast in person.. and a chance to show off the amazing talent we have here in the northwest.... and to possibly see the locals win in person.... Not to mention.. it would just be cool!

Erik
Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

seeking out a lumber sponsor would be a good idea for the sub flooring if the flooring is just laid out flat and no damage to the wood. might be a viable option to seek out.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Race Night

So. Shari's. 4:30 in the bloody Daylight-bugger-ratzafratza-bull$%#*-Savings AM. And I'm sitting next to Panos and across from Alex. And we're stunned, really, at the apparent fact of our own utter, inexplicable, inability to exercise self-preserving good judgment and simply GO HOME AND GO TO BED! But, I guess we were also coming down off our race buzz. And we were hungry. Or rather, we had been hungry, but an omelet, hash browns, muffins, and OJ took care of that! What a night! 85 entries, 13 heats, out of town guests, one newly crowned national champion, and a whole lotta laps...it'll take the starch right out of you! And that's what the potatoes are for.

Scale Spec...ah, Scale Spec. When the foundation of the tower is so solid, it gives us confidence in the future. The thing about Scale Spec, for those who might check in on us from elsewhere, is that it's not a novice class. It is a full-on racing class, conducted at modest speeds using sharp looking cars. The fact that intermediate drivers can find their footing in the class, while the fast veterans can get their race on with intermediates also in the mix, is the permanent, incontrovertible argument for keeping the speed in check. In other words, it works. And, it's interesting that we see more than one Mod TC driver also fielding a Scale Spec entry. There's something about it that keeps the guys coming back. Garber missed out on breaking his own track record by 1/100th of a second. There's some consistency! And, while he once again walked the main, it was Scott Howell's Porsche sporting classic SIR livery that drew my eye. He's clearly feeling it and enjoying his return to the sport. Now, if we could only coax Kuney back onto the track, those two could settle the old TCS score, over and over again! Also, a shout-out to Adam Gorski, a homegrown racer who is showing in the "A" sort regularly. Well done, Adam!

Stock 1/12th was quick. Very quick. Brad Curtis owns the track record now. He bumped it to 41 laps for the first time, consigning the Slapmaster to the dustbin of history. Trailing Brad, two more drivers clocked 40 lap runs. JayBee was sturdy in the 3-spot, and my own dear boy, Stuart, bolted down the 2-spot with a 40/8:09. He's 8 years old, by the way. JayBee, however, would come good in the main. Stuart came to grief early and wound up at the back. Brad looked to have it sewn up, but a last lap mishap saw him nosed into a pipe, and JayBee was able to come around and pip the win. Of note, an old Speedway Hobbies racer, Matt Percival, rejoined the sport a few weeks ago, has found his footing, and last night took 3rd in the main. Welcome back, Matt!

To complement the recent success of our racers at ROAR Nationals, we had a full heat of Novices! New to the Community Center was young Jens, Crosier's grandson. He was exclaiming to me how much fun he was having, and he was an eager and appreciated marshal volunteer throughout the night. Someone's raising that boy right! Two father/son duos are also in the Novice field right now. The Teels and Boyles are having fun. I would say this for Bruce Teel: he's about ready to have a crack at Scale Spec. He's getting around the track very well. Also, the Novice main winner, Jack Smith, he simply needs to get himself some Scale Spec winds and treads, and he will be making out fine.

In World GT, Brian was happy to have the Panda back on track. There's nothing like a stout rival against which to gauge one's progress. Brian was strong on the night. In a full ten car heat, he drew within 3 seconds of Kody's track record. The speed is there, he just needs the right night to make his bid for the mark. Brian took the TQ and the main. Props to Grant for a nice drive in the main. He took 3rd.

The Big Iron. Mod Touring. To everyone's amazement, Kody TQ'd, broke the track record, and crushed the main. Okay, there was amazement, but only at the sheer pace Kody brings back from Nationals. Modified Touring National Champion. Club racing. With us. You know this doesn't happen, right? Anyway, I hope he keeps it up. No mercy, no quarter, just speed. Bring the heat. As Mike notes above, our other Mod A Main driver, Jake, was knocked from 2nd to last and then fought his way back to 2nd. Proving that there's more than one able Mod stick in the club.

Tveten's program was derailed last night. I don't know what was up, but he was sidelined for most of it. That opened the door for Dan to claim the night's top prizes, TQ and win. Doug made a case for himself, however, and a visiting Canadian, Alex Pate, was on form as well and took third.

Stock Touring was a night for veteran's excellence, as Andrew Cartwright showed great form in qualifying and the main. Taking both. Sam and Ritchie were locked in a qualifying battle, separated by 4/10ths in the final reckoning. The main battle of note was between visiting Tri-Cities racer, Jereme Rogers, and Garber. They waged a nose to tail battle for long minutes, with Dan somehow keeping Jereme at bay, while Jereme exhibited stellar control and an ability to apply pressure and stay clean. Great stuff!

Modified 1/12th marked the welcome return of Sean Maybell to the club racing ranks. He was back after a couple months offroading, working and traveling, and seeing to business. But, the call of the magical foam donuts could not be denied. Meanwhile, Ehrlich (3rd Place at Nationals: well done sir!) made the trip up with Colin and was enjoying himself some gym time. He was fast as you might imagine, but especially glad to have him back was Bodine, whose Mod program continues to improve. And while Dave broke the track record, Brian was even faster! Props, Brian!

Mid-week racing this week, so if last night and this morning lit your fuse, feel free to fan your flame, pop your cherry, kick your Baxter, bang your drum, and block that metaphor at Hangar 30 this coming Wednesday!

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (89.3 KB, 136 views)
Round2.txt (97.0 KB, 154 views)
Round3.txt (74.9 KB, 180 views)
Old 03-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
A heartfelt thanks to...whoever else in our club was behind the extremely cool banner to celebrate our little band of NW representatives that traveled to the nationals.
It was another Mason, actually. One Katherine L. She keeps up on things and was proud of you guys. Seriously.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nats is a lot and I mean a lot of work, 10 of you say you will help 100% and then you realize you will have to take about 2 weeks of work off, if you want to actually attend the race, now wee at 50%, lots of money, and roar gets there cut too, buy a ticket to wherever it is and let everyone else deal with the non stop hassle!

Can you tell I've helped put one on? Haha

It's terrible from an investment pov, it will loose money, but you get the experience

This is just my .02,
Old 03-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
In the hanger with a sub floor. Turtlemaster Racing is in for support.
Originally Posted by RcHammer
I would donate Time and Money to make this happen!
I would ask the comp committee, how much support for this idea would you need to consider committing to this venture? maybe not the 7 roll wide 180ft long track... (damn that would be cool) but there is alot of merit to what jake said about seeing the fastest of the fast in person.. and a chance to show off the amazing talent we have here in the northwest.... and to possibly see the locals win in person.... Not to mention.. it would just be cool!

Erik
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Nats is a lot and I mean a lot of work, 10 of you say you will help 100% and then you realize you will have to take about 2 weeks of work off, if you want to actually attend the race, now wee at 50%, lots of money, and roar gets there cut too, buy a ticket to wherever it is and let everyone else deal with the non stop hassle!

Can you tell I've helped put one on? Haha

It's terrible from an investment pov, it will loose money, but you get the experience

This is just my .02,
H30 would be our location for Nationals for sure if we'er able to fix the floor. Floor is the only big project in preparation and this is a subject we have been talking about for next carpet season already. I've got an idea for a second option and already have an idea what it would cost.

Rent can be handled with sponsors and well thought out ideas. No-problem'o!

Garret your just a party pooper. Its not a two week deal bro... For our club it would take us a half day to prep for Nationals. Tables, chairs, track, drivers stand, RD stand, banners, pa system.

4 full rolls is plenty for a Nationals but adding a 5th roll would be EPIC!!!

Kody
Old 03-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's also worth mentioning that Jake got within about 2 seconds of Kody's previous Mod TQ record.

When I said 7 rolls, I was merely thinking of combining the carpets from CC and Hangar, not suggesting we purchase more carpet.

-Mike
Old 03-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

30 second laps lets do it!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
It's also worth mentioning that Jake got within about 2 seconds of Kody's previous Mod TQ record.

When I said 7 rolls, I was merely thinking of combining the carpets from CC and Hangar, not suggesting we purchase more carpet.

-Mike
7... rolls of carpet...

sweet.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

You know area increases by a square, right?

We're exploring venue options. Nothing is ruled out, nothing is firmly lined up. Accommodations for reasonable rent schedules have to be made. The 5-day event Hobby Plex just hosted in Omaha, in their own space, may not be feasible for a rent-hall event hosted by a nonprofit in Seattle.

But, like I said: nothing is ruled out, nothing is lined up.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Seattle is one of the most well known cities in America. It's about time we hosted the ROAR national. Also, It would be appropriate to have a large Seahawks banner at the event should the Seahawks win the next Super Bowl.

7 rolls or even 6 rolls of carpet with a front AND back straights with 20+ sec fast lap times would be epic....
Old 03-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool Final Lap

[QUOTE=Stock 1/12th was quick. Very quick. Brad Curtis owns the track record now. He bumped it to 41 laps for the first time, consigning the Slapmaster to the dustbin of history. Trailing Brad, two more drivers clocked 40 lap runs. JayBee was sturdy in the 3-spot, and my own dear boy, Stuart, bolted down the 2-spot with a 40/8:09. He's 8 years old, by the way. JayBee, however, would come good in the main. Stuart came to grief early and wound up at the back. Brad looked to have it sewn up, but a last lap mishap saw him nosed into a pipe, and JayBee was able to come around and pip the win. Of note, an old Speedway Hobbies racer, Matt Percival, rejoined the sport a few weeks ago, has found his footing, and last night took 3rd in the main. Welcome back, Matt!
[/QUOTE]

I feel Juniors!! Oh well that is racing.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

March 8 2014 Mains videos published :

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...V4CzHSz8JZqt2U

Last edited by Magnet Top; 03-10-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.