Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Is there ever going to be a Roar offorad electric regional?? >

Is there ever going to be a Roar offorad electric regional??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there ever going to be a Roar offorad electric regional??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Exterminator
And the ECT does a pretty good job of attending far ranging indoor tracks. Besides it fit's right in with what ROAR does for the most part. Just sit back and let the track owners do all the hard work and take the credit for it.
Should be a slam dunk.

Tim
I'm giving you the benefit here and I'm assuming I'm taking that wrong, Brian puts alot of work into the ECT. A whole lot more than what Roar does.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

tim, so then what your saying is, we can just take the weekly club race results and at the end of 6 weeks declare a "gold cup" champ. really?

if you don't like roar, or roar races, don't go, don't join, but don't tell me they are meaningless. end of story.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I dont think its so much that they are meaningless but why does the word roar and the extra money involved with that word have to mean that it is a more important race

I think I would be more inclind to go to a regional or national race if roar wasnt involved why do I have to pay them to race why cant I just pay the track promoting it

maybe if roar themselves got the handouts/give aways and trophies I wouldnt have such a problem giving them my "hard earned money"

winning the ect or nct in your respective class is much closer to a "regional champion" than winning a roar held race in my oppinion and I should know Ive won both roar and ect

skypilot congrats on your win no one is trying to take it away from you or talk down about it. it is a hard race to win. Have you had better races with more competition with out roar being involved ?more fun with more give aways, better trophies ?
Old 09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

From what I've read in their nationals competition form, ROAR does purchase the trophies.

Here's the quote...

"ROAR will furnish the trophy awards for the event and the RMT staffing including hotel accommodations, airfare, rental vehicles and per diem expenses."
Old 09-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve
I dont think its so much that they are meaningless but why does the word roar and the extra money involved with that word have to mean that it is a more important race

I think I would be more inclind to go to a regional or national race if roar wasnt involved why do I have to pay them to race why cant I just pay the track promoting it

maybe if roar themselves got the handouts/give aways and trophies I wouldnt have such a problem giving them my "hard earned money"

winning the ect or nct in your respective class is much closer to a "regional champion" than winning a roar held race in my oppinion and I should know Ive won both roar and ect

skypilot congrats on your win no one is trying to take it away from you or talk down about it. it is a hard race to win. Have you had better races with more competition with out roar being involved ?more fun with more give aways, better trophies ?

never ever said roar was more important.

look up the price for a the roar national in june,

now look up the price for the IIC race just held in VEGAS

at nationals, i was 2 seconds off the lap pace and worked my ass off to get on pace with setup and driving style changes for 4 days until the mains started and that made it a much harder challenge.

while i have better looking plaques and thropys, none stand out like the national one, the rest were stepping stones along the way, all of them are STILL prized and special. I actually feel sad for the guys that don't want or like them, but thats just me.

and one major difference between regionals/nationals and the ECT/NCT You can't NEVER win a race and be crowned champ at a regionals/nationals.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Ritchie it was great to finaly meet you although we didnt get to really talk much, but it was great you made it up and really hope you can again.

It was so great some TRCR guys all came, wish I could have visited with Scott B a little, but really enjoyed watching him race.... faaaaast Didnt get to say boo to Wild at all either but Doug and I put a 20.00 reward for hacking a cherry that no one won. You Tacoma guys are good people.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leopard1
Not that I'm a Roar fan, I think they could do way better with some key changes, but as far as entrys, we did get 62 entries of high caliber wicked fast talent and another 23 people that contacted me crying they couldnt make it for one reason or another and this is just 4 fuel classes we ran not 9 classes of fuel and electric like the nct that you need to take into account.

Dont know if we'll do another Roar event but it was killer diller I thought anyway.
Ummmm.... NCT has 8 classes, and at my Race I had over 160 nitro entries in the same 4 classes. PLUS Another 100 electric entries. Some of the most incredible racing in the NW.
Not saying anything Bad, Just clarifying your comment.

Corey
Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by The Warlock
C- mon George, are you taking a nap during mod truck or what.
All I remember was rootin fer U

and

this good feeling all over after you won, cus U beat Dave and that always makes me right & tite babie....
Old 09-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=Leopard1;4813973

Dont know if we'll do another Roar event but it was killer diller I thought anyway.[/QUOTE]

How bout hosting a electric regional , real soon like ?

The ROAR nitro gig you gave was the best , even better than NCT ....(Jk)

Hamburgers , Dog`s
and all those kool prizes...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 09-07-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

How bout hosting a electric regional , real soon like ?
Running out of summer and dont know if my help is willing to work anymore

he ROAR nitro gig you gave was the best , even better than NCT ....(Jk)
Old 09-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leopard1
Not that I'm a Roar fan, I think they could do way better with some key changes, but as far as entrys, we did get 62 entries of high caliber wicked fast talent and another 23 people that contacted me crying they couldnt make it for one reason or another and this is just 4 fuel classes we ran not 9 classes of fuel and electric like the nct that you need to take into account.

Dont know if we'll do another Roar event but it was killer diller I thought anyway.

Hey Leopard1...

I wasn't picking on your race specifically just so you know.

If I would have had some engines (all of them torn down and waiting for pieces) and a truck delivered when it was suppose to be, I would have shown up myself. I like getting to new tracks... and unfortunately there aren't many times to race against Brown up here; missed out on both..

Old 09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Never any offense taken Mike, it was a good race and it would have been an honor to have you there and i bet you would have done well and had a great time.

Not nct entry numbers but regardless it was truly a memerable good time.

Congrats on your nct points position along Tayler P

Tracy