North End Slash Meet.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool SLASH TOUR - Fall/Winter 2008-2009

I'll volunteer myself to do points and post it on the EGTC website if everyone is game.....?

Tracks would be.....?
J&S
Area52
TRCR
Mt Vernon
Four Seasons

Suggestions;
1 race date per month on the "Tour"
2 Classes to somewhat replicate the real CORR series
Pro 2 SLASH (Unlimited)
Pro-Lites SLASH (Mostly Stock)
Simulate actual CORR Type racing with the obvious adjustments for the time & Toy factor
Old 08-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

I would like to call CORR and ask them for their format so we could replicate the real series....That would be fun! Will you run during the winter T.R.?
We are closed after Oct and open back up in Mach.

It would be best to stick us in Sep or Early Oct or at the end of the series next spring.

Its too iffy being outdoor, trying to put us anywhere between Nov1 and March 1

NORAs probly the same.

Last edited by Leopard1; 08-16-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We're kicking this off a little late in the summer. So if we're going to do this, TRCR should be the last stop of the show since it's indoor and we can put it off for when the monsoons return.

Also if we're going to do this we should get started now, it appears the next available date would be Aug 23, or next weekend...
Old 08-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Wes we can do next Sat the 23rd but Aug 30 & 31 we will have our track change party for our ROAR race the following weekend Sep 6th.

OR, we could host a slash bash Sep 13th, 20th, 27th or posibly the first Saturday in Oct.

The one drawback to running this Saturday which is really not a drawback but its that our track is pretty blown right now (talk to grampa, he nows) but we're hearing from many drivers that they like the track rutted up and comment that its more fun and realistic so its more like the blown out baja desert run than a CORE groomed track right now... I personally love it rough and beat up and besides its the same for all and its whoever figure out how to drive it.

If we waited until after our ROAR race on the 6th we would have a chance to groom it out and posibly other coarse options. We are suppose to be getting 120+ yards of clean dirt to work with over the next several weeks.

Want to run the blown out baja style track this Sat .... or wait for a Sat in Sep?
Old 08-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Suspended

Lets see what the others say. Blown out sounds fun to me, but we're presented with another obstacle:

Last 3-4 (5?) weekends everyone has gone out racing. Turn out will depend on if a lot of wives will tolerate people going out yet again to play with their toys instead of staying home and playing with their women.

Back to back to back racing kills a lot of people, right now people are running at the EGTC where a lot of the Slash guys are from, I skipped it to work on my real car, so I am up for running this coming Saturday but a lot of people may not be.

I say lets do it...but what do you guys think? I'll start making some phone calls to the people who don't browse the forum and talk to some customers tomorrow and see if we can get some people out this Saturday. I am guessing it might be late notice though and we may have to wait.

...as far as Area52 is concerned, on Saturday will there be timing equipment available or should we bring our own? Is there someone willing to RD or should we plan on sharing RD duty? We might be able to talk Ben into bringing his Laptop and scoring stuff should we need it. We all already have PT's.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

I here ya on the boys playing back to back "neglecting" the family.

I'll keep the 23rd available for tentative slashin bashin untill friday, if its looking like a no go then look at another day. What do you think the minimum confirmed drivers should be to do it, im thinking at least 4 or 5 but you still would have no corners except my wife who does not mind helping corner, she likes the ecersize and thinks the cars are fun. 8-10 trucks or more is Ideal.

If we're timing races .... I can do the timing and announcing unless someone else wants to ... doesnt matter to me at all.

So guess we wait and see how many show interest for Aug 23 ... I'll make a post on our site too.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Suspended

I'd like to see 8-10 confirmed. Last time I had 20 people say they were coming and 15 showed. So if I can do that again, awesome.

Raise of hands ... is there enough energy and patience in the audience to run this coming Saturday (Aug 23) or shall we bail for another more convenient date?

Please post or call me if you can make it.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ok, the 23rd is not going to work for me being the wifey b'day. Can we please change the date to another. I really want to do this but have plans already.

PLEASE ANOTHER DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I BEG YOU
Old 08-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Cool SLASH TOUR

Brad, Bubba and myself already have plans that day as well......We were kinda hoping we could do it after the EGTC Season was over.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Suspended

Sounds good to me..lets pass for now and start thinking of a better date.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks guys
Old 08-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Where is Area52 track? Would like to visit. Looked at the web site but you have to be a member to get location. Looks like you have to be special to go to this track.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

area52 is on private property, we just like to know how many r coming out.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Cool The Northwest Slash Tour

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Sounds good to me..lets pass for now and start thinking of a better date.
Wes lets get together on this and get the planning done so we can roll out a good NW Slash Tour. I'll get on the horn with my contacts at Traxxas to see what they may want to do.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Lowrider

Hey Vatos check out the Lowrider.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.