Wiki Posts
Search

North End Slash Meet.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool SLASH -N- BASH

That was the first time I had ever run on dirt.....Good Times!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up she's a dirty girl

thanks everyone for coming out and playing today. Logan and I had alot of fun. the Slash is alot of fun in the dirt! it was fun to watch all the trucks out there jumpin and flippin and losing tires and blowin shocks out .. cant wait till we can all do it again heres a couple of pics of mine after playin for the day

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

It's a whole new world on dirt. Glad everyone was able to make it, that was a lot of fun. Weather held out and everything, couldn't have asked for more.

Thanks to everyone who made it out and made it fun. We'll do it again this Saturday but on pavement.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Slashers, thanks for letting my buddy and me crash your party. We had a great time running our buggies around you guys. We also enjoyed marshalling for your "race" or "heat" or whatever it was. That was pretty cool seeing that many Slashes running the track at the same time.

I would consider my home track AREA52 in Carnation even though it's further away than J&S. I've run 1/10 and 1/8 scale out there and had equally as much fun. I've also seen guys run Slashes out there and bash doors and have a great time racing. Yes, it's bigger but it's still very fun and if you've never been out to try it you really should.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

I would consider my home track AREA52 in Carnation even though it's further away than J&S. I've run 1/10 and 1/8 scale out there and had equally as much fun. I've also seen guys run Slashes out there and bash doors and have a great time racing. Yes, it's bigger but it's still very fun and if you've never been out to try it you really should.
Todd your wasting your breath or typing ... trust me none a them dudes will try our track.

They got their gig ... we got ours.

Also, if my trusty map is correct, were actually closer to seattle than J&S if you live near seattle area. But the freeway probably makes it seem shorter. 33.5 mi to J$S and 21mi to Us
Old 08-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Hey Slashers, thanks for letting my buddy and me crash your party. We had a great time running our buggies around you guys. We also enjoyed marshalling for your "race" or "heat" or whatever it was. That was pretty cool seeing that many Slashes running the track at the same time.
Thanks a lot for cornering those several times...that was awesome, sorry we kind of interfered with your practice time. A lot of traffic on a pretty small track! It was fun though. Have not seen that many people at J&S in a long time.

All poking by Leopard1 aside...many of the guys who ran with us last time have been running at Area52. We might hit that up next time but a lot of interest has been in going down to TRCR to club race with them or up to NORA and getting some racing in with them. Lots to choose from in this area when it comes to off road...pretty sweet.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Cool SLASH TOUR

A small "SLASH" Tour between the tracks would be fun...............

J&S
Area52
Mount Vernon
TRCR
Old 08-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

J&S
Area52
Mount Vernon
TRCR
We would be down with it, whatever Wes, you or whoever organizes comes up with we're here for ya's

We could do any Saturday or maybe Sunday except Sep 6 for the remainder of this summer.

We would just be the long circut on the tour, nice for variety.

Would it be like its being done now .... just show up for some fun cheap race bashing with no timing? or a real race format ... either way, no big deal.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver Cup

J&S
Area52
Mount Vernon
TRCR
Don't forget 4 Seasons in Olympia. I think they have the biggest turnout for club races in slash class. Last Night 14 showed up! But will look forward to doing this!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Leopard1
Also, if my trusty map is correct, were actually closer to seattle than J&S if you live near seattle area. But the freeway probably makes it seem shorter. 33.5 mi to J$S and 21mi to Us
I measure my travel time in minutes to the site rather than miles, which is why I say J&S and TRCR are actually "closer" than AREA52 (for me). I'm just 5 minutes from I-5 and 75th NW and both tracks are just off the freeway. That having been said, I'd rather race/run at AREA52. It's a beautiful setting and a great escape from the hustle bustle of the city. I love the big open track too. Huge air and good speed sections.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Suspended

I measure my travel time in minutes to the site rather than miles, which is why I say J&S and TRCR are actually "closer" than AREA52 (for me).
Same here...takes me much longer to get to Area52 than it does J&S, plus it's much "harder" to find to those who don't know where it is..everyone knows where J&S is.. I wasn't trying to diss on the track but not going there first, I was just trying to make it the most convenient for all the parties involved.

Also if I remember right the road going in is not paved, or it's semi blown out or something? I just remember the one time going there thinking "not low rider friendly."

Next stop might be Area52...it's the next closest track, and we can work our way out. You have to be a member or something to go there as there isn't a Hobbyshop or anything keeping it open, right? How does one arrange a time to go there, do we need to make a reservation?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by loriding69
Don't forget 4 Seasons in Olympia. I think they have the biggest turnout for club races in slash class. Last Night 14 showed up! But will look forward to doing this!
that was some ballin a$$ shot last night e squared, bumped form the b after transponders not counting my laps and finished the "A" running....a moral victory...fun times

bunch you guys should head down next thursday and check out some slaskin shoot we could have double and triple bumps.......pssst.,,,,,dont tell cherry though!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Also if I remember right the road going in is not paved, or it's semi blown out or something? I just remember the one time going there thinking "not low rider friendly."
ooooppppppppssss that eliminates me from attending.....own no stock height vehicles......Four seasons is low rider approved, just don't drag through the gravel .....Gary freaks out
Old 08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JROCK4224
that was some ballin a$$ shot last night e squared, bumped form the b after transponders not counting my laps and finished the "A" running....a moral victory...fun times

bunch you guys should head down next thursday and check out some slaskin shoot we could have double and triple bumps.......pssst.,,,,,dont tell cherry though!
heck yeah it was. CHerry..... I'm slaying his Turlte A$$ tonight in slash @ TRCR.......

Guys keep us posted on getting this event series going.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Cool SLASH TOUR

Originally Posted by Leopard1
We would be down with it, whatever Wes, you or whoever organizes comes up with we're here for ya's

We could do any Saturday or maybe Sunday except Sep 6 for the remainder of this summer.

We would just be the long circut on the tour, nice for variety.

Would it be like its being done now .... just show up for some fun cheap race bashing with no timing? or a real race format ... either way, no big deal.
I would like to call CORR and ask them for their format so we could replicate the real series....That would be fun! Will you run during the winter T.R.?

We'll have to top it off with a Slashion Show (Best Appearing Trucks)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.