Report from the on-road regionals >

Report from the on-road regionals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report from the on-road regionals

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 05:17 PM

personally, i think it has to do more with to many races to close together. if you look at all the races for last month, this month, and next month theres a two race almost everyother weekend. another problem is the track loyality thing which i've talked about before. just my opinion. and dan we need to hook up, i think i will borrow the tao3 for the rally class if the offer is still open.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:28 PM

oh one more thing, if you look you will see that the off road regionals were last week end too. look at the turn out for stock buggy and truck, thats really sad.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ritchie, I think off road regionals were a while back, the date comes up as todays on that program when it's printed off.

A bit more from me about this topic. It's a tough one. Glad it was a great race, congrats to Peter and Sam. No matter who you race and you are able to win-that's what counts!

I think it seems like the numbers are down, but it's summer. It’s a hit or a miss whether folks can race or are out of town.
This last weekend was the Schmitty Cup…had about 60 entries? Fantasy had how many? 20 or 30? Also, eslroc and Redmond had races. 15 each? Also, folks from West Coast have a point series going for off-road…some went to Wenatchee. More traveling.

Hubby and I were in Spokane/Idaho Falls for the Hot Rod to-do…took our ’57 chevy for a show…about a thousand rods! Gorgeous things. Visited friends and watched some of the RC racing there put on by Monster Hobbies in Idaho…what was that about traveling? A 5 hour drive? There were about 12 from our area. Also, some came from Canada.

As we spoke before Peter, this regional race was announced WAAAY after the others were planned. I had dibs to be off, Pat had the Schmitty with his son, so Andrew had to work. Haha. Poor baby!
Anyway, that’s why we haven’t had an outdoor regionals…too many things going on and not enough turnout in the previous years.
But, that can change! With planning and posting, more can make it. But conflicts will happen!

Just like this weekend…Rain City is racing outdoors Sat. at Hobbytown, the Sizzler 2-day at Fantasy World, (usually a big turnout), SARCAR on Sunday. And now you added something on Sat for Redmond and your regular racing on Sunday.

Next weekend is on the 26/27 is the Stock Nationals in Portland, and the 2-day at Sarcar. It's a big one too!
It’s great to have lots of things to do and to choose from. But just because others don’t, can’t or have other obligations, it's nothing personal. Especially in the summer.

I know how it is. I am there all the time. I know how tough it is to put on an event, and it's good to hear that A-Main has a good track-let's do it again next year!
see ya at the track-
Donny when are you coming to visit? or are you leaving again?
How is ya Devin?
Old 07-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i was more angry at the people that said they were gonna go, talked about it for weeks, and then didn't.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:41 PM

oops... i stand corrected on that. i guess it was last month
but the turn out still was sad,
Old 07-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Peter-don't get mad....get EVEN!! hahahaha..a little glue on the tires?? I know it's frustrating, but things happen. money, love, work, hot dates...

Sometimes these things take a while to get going. I know that we have some really good folks coming into the racing scene and hopefully they will keep coming out and eventually try some of the other events. It all takes time. Just keep racing...with a you-know-what
Old 07-14-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ritchie call me on my mobile

Pete and I were talking about this lack of calendar in one place for everybody to get in on. Is there any interest in keeping it on someones site.
I know everybody has their own programs but if someone is having a 2-day race it would be great to see more participation I think a central calendar would help
Old 07-15-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Results are posted

A-Main has results for all qualifiers and mains posted on its Web site:

http://www.amainraceway.com/content/jlapraceresults.asp

Click on the 7/13 date to access.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Currently there is a site www.roarregion11.com for all of us to keep current on whats going on in this Region.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

dgullickson,
I respectfully disagree regarding the Region 11 web site. There was no mention of the on-road championships in Vancouver; ROAR events should be the primary focus. The calendar is far from complete. The web site has the potential to become a good resource for racing but it's not there yet.

BTW, thanks for supplying the stock hand-out motors. They were very good.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Slow poke & coolrcdad,
Our region 11 is only as good as the info that gets put into it. I told Tim about the site and who he needs to talk to, to get the dates in. If the event promoters used the site and posted on here and other boards then you guys would be better informed. I can't hand hold every one of you. Not my job. I'm proud of the site that we put up and when used properly has good info on it.

Slow poke,
ROAR does have a bi-monthly newsletter called rev up. How long ago did you sign up? If you have been a member for 2 months and still haven't gotten your newsletter, let me know. I will make sure you get one. email me @ [email protected], or call me @ 425-417-4319.

I think that there is a lot of racing going on in the region and theres going to be overlap. Theres no getting around that. Not only is the stock off road nats and the pacnw fuel challenge next weekend but TimeZone also has a race too. Its nice to see that we have a lot of places to race at here, but sometimes its also a bad thing for all the people that put them on too. ie. low turn outs. Right now we rank #6 out of 12 regions for the amount of clubs we have in the area that are ROAR tracks. Thats pretty good if you ask me. If any ROAR club that has a race they want on the calendar just email the webmaster and he'll get it in. Someone else can start one on their site but if you dont add info in you get nothing out.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

randy held my hand one time
Old 07-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Slow poke & coolrcdad,
Our region 11 is only as good as the info that gets put into it. I told Tim about the site and who he needs to talk to, to get the dates in. If the event promoters used the site and posted on here and other boards then you guys would be better informed. I can't hand hold every one of you. Not my job. I'm proud of the site that we put up and when used properly has good info on it.

Slow poke,
ROAR does have a bi-monthly newsletter called rev up. How long ago did you sign up? If you have been a member for 2 months and still haven't gotten your newsletter, let me know. I will make sure you get one. email me @ [email protected], or call me @ 425-417-4319.

I think that there is a lot of racing going on in the region and theres going to be overlap. Theres no getting around that. Not only is the stock off road nats and the pacnw fuel challenge next weekend but TimeZone also has a race too. Its nice to see that we have a lot of places to race at here, but sometimes its also a bad thing for all the people that put them on too. ie. low turn outs. Right now we rank #6 out of 12 regions for the amount of clubs we have in the area that are ROAR tracks. Thats pretty good if you ask me. If any ROAR club that has a race they want on the calendar just email the webmaster and he'll get it in. Someone else can start one on their site but if you dont add info in you get nothing out.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

But this was a ROAR event, not a club race.ROAR
Old 07-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

and your point is?? Dean, it sounds like you have some issues. Call me @ 425-417-4319, and let's chat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.