Wiki Posts
Search

Losi LXT back from the dead?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beez
When you're talking $205, are you talking RTR? It seems like the RTR setups aren't much more than the rollers or kits, so I'm thinking RTR is the way to go, and then we could still upgrade to brushless/lipo if we choose, but we've got gear to run with in the meantime, and if I did that, I could throw the RTR guts into my LXT to bring it back to life.

I really like the idea of brushless though, less maintenance is a good thing. I guess I'll just keep reading.
RTR kits, from what I remember in the past, just beg to get hopped up. I think I'd rather spend more initially to save in the long run.

Up-grade-itis (UGI) is a powerful disease.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i have an LXT just sitting around at the moment. I wouldn't be sad to see it go. It has the xxxt tranny (which was an option from the factory in the latter years of production)...

Also, at the time I had a 10 turn Joel Johnson in there and it faired very well with the power.

PM me if you want it. I would only charge the shipping plus 40$.

let me know.

-Doug
Old 03-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Would you consider trades? I'll trade you my LXT for yours.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
RTR kits, from what I remember in the past, just beg to get hopped up. I think I'd rather spend more initially to save in the long run.

Up-grade-itis (UGI) is a powerful disease.
I agree with this in principle, but for some reason I always just get scared of the initial output of $. I know that you're right though, and building a kit might be a good activity for guy with a broken leg.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Bull , it wont handle the power, mine will, I routinely ran8 to 10 wind single through quad winds and had no issues,LOL I even still have the Losi fluid slipper for mine , and it works. i getting ready to take it racing and for local club racing you may surprise a few people. I have spare parts for everything but the top brace(x-brace) got one of those on ebay, still in the bag a few months ago. It really has no collector value unless its in the box still. get a mild brushless system and run mod. You could always put the setup in a newer truck if you ended up going that route. I have hardened alloy top output gear setup, etc. I actually am gonna run a 16 triple Litespeed to start. I am going Lipo though I think.