Wiki Posts
Search

IDAHO STATE CARPET CHAMPIONSHIPS

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default IDAHO STATE CARPET CHAMPIONSHIPS

here are some of the official details on the state champs race coming up Jan 5th and 6th.

First Class $20
Second Class. $15
Third Class $10

Qualifiers will Start at 10 am Saturday, Jan. 5th with 3 qualifiers followed by 1qualifier and the mains on Sunday

We have several items to raffle. Complete setup systems for 1/10 scale, Associated TC4 rtr, servos, Comm lathe & brush serrator and lots more stuff.

race sponsors: Tekin, RC Boyz, The Toyz, Hobbico, Associated, Integy, Airtronics, Axiom motors, and Castle Creations

For more info go to http://boiserc.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=72

Karcher Mall
1509 Caldwell Blvd
Nampa, ID 83651

Last edited by Tim W.; 12-12-2007 at 06:21 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

What classes do you guys run and what is the turn out like??
Old 12-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sounds like fun

Sounds like a good race--too bad it's the same weekend as our mini 2 day

We should work together to avoid conflicts.

Magic City RC Racers
Billings Mt
Old 12-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

the turn out is pretty weak, They did get new carpet but they havent stretched it and theres huge lumps in the track due to the lack of maintanence. Dont even think about racing 12th scale cause your car will never get over them without leaving the carpet. they have also been having trouble with people running the computer system, Nothing against a ten year old but I think a club board member should be running it. Also think thin cause the drivers stand only holds about 6 people and thats shoulder to shoulder. So have fun in Billings all you Carpet racers cause that sounds like an awsome race I'm almost tempted to go to watch.
Signed guy who lost interest in the club due to the lack of people using there brains and good ol common sense
Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

19 turn sedan
mod sedan
stock/rubber sedan
Novice sedan
12 scale
18 mod
18 off road
drift

Last edited by Tim W.; 12-15-2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: added class
Old 12-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

as far as tooofasts post more like a few members that lost interest in the club, because they didn't get their way. This is a good club with great members. As far as carpet being bumpy its getting better every time a car runs on the carpet. It shouldn't be to bad when the race comes around

Last edited by Tim W.; 12-11-2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Reply to Toofast

As a current board member and an active onroad track attendee. I would like to point out a few issues with Toofasts post. 1st. Jeff was not at the race that is refered to in his post. 2nd. He has not been at the track for an event for some time now. And has not been at the track for an event since the new carpet has been laid down. 3rd. I assume that the information that he presents here is from a source that was at the race and was not patient enough to let the review system work in a normal fashion. This individual was not satisfied with the results of one race. And was not willing to wait for that matter to be settled in the correct maner. We that ran the event are not going to stop an entire event just to satisfy the complaints of one racer. The race in particular that was an issue was later reviewed and found to be in error and was to be rectified. But the individual had already decided that we did not care to hear his argument and left the event early and did not wait until the issue was resolved. Now he is passing incorrect information on to others who are passing this info on to the folks in this forum. I will admit that we may not run things perfectly. But we try to run things as fairly as we can. The person running the computer at the time of this contested race has run the computer several times before and with no real complaints. In fact said 10 year old was asked to run the computer when he was even younger by the individual that was complaining, when said individual was the president of our club. I feel that it is unfair to our club and the members of this forum, to be given inaccurate information about our club. Especially when said information is passed on by persons who are not involved with the onroad portion of this clubs activities.

Now on the carpet situation. Yes there are some bumps in the carpet. It is afterall only a month old. And yes some of these bumps can effect the handling of the 12th scales as well as others. Most of these are out of the racing line, but not all. We are trying to get as many races as we can run on this new carpet to help alleviate this issue prior to the Championship race. We have had racing at the track for the last 3 weekends. Which is much better than our normal of every other week. We hope that most of these issues will straighten out by that race. But to be fair the carpet will be an equal playing field for all attendees. With a little practice no one will have an advantage even if some bumps are still in the carpet.

Now I hope that all readers on this forum are a little more informed on the situation here and can make their own decisions as to attend this race or not.

I hope to see some of you there. And if not well maybe next time.

Good luck and good racing. Whereever that maybe.

Scott Foree
On Road Track Director
Capital Dirt Burners
Old 12-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

HAHAHA my bad a few people good point your right though! and as far as not getting our way nice try Wallace. Also if your trying to get these guys over here to race I wouldnt tell them the track should be better they wanna hear the track is gonna be great not full of lumps.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Yes this is true I havent been there to race due to other out of town races, but I have heard the story by more than one person and like you said you guys eventually figured it out after no one give a crap for some time and by then what can you do or what chance does that racer have so in all fairness you guys should have stopped and made it right or at least come to an agreement. I dont see the big races just blow it off and then realize after its over that there actually was a problem
Old 12-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Well Jeff here you go again with little info. It was straightened out once the round was over. But your friend did not wait around that long and there fore did not realize that this issue was resolved before it made any difference in the points. It was then requested by your friend to remove him from the points and the series and decide the winner of the series with out him. Uh yeah that seems like an adult way to deal with it. And by the way, yeah he would have finished in first place. If he would have just kept his cool and let the process work there would have not been an issue. I would suggest before you go to a forum of another club. That you might get your story straight and have all of the info. Please feel free to resopond on our forums and not keep this pissing match going on a forum that has no real need for us to involve them. Thank you.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

and again I heard the same thing, but waiting till the end of the round to even make a point to look at it is messed up and due to the clubs past problems with that computer system screwing someone like I have seen at the offroad track I dont blame him for getting pissed and thinking he was getting screwed out of winning the class. I think when a serious issue is brought up for any reason it should be addressed right then and not after your done wrenching on your own stuff or racing your class.

this is my last post on this goofy subject and I am a Northwest racer so I will continue to post on here and good luck with your carpet race's guys
Old 12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Rookie

For the benefit of other readers. I and others in the club feel that holding up an entire event for the complaint of one person that can be settled during a break (as it was) is unfair and insinsitive to the others in the group. That is my opinion and apparently we differ. Thanks for your understanding and this will also be my last post on the subject.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Darren, ya still thinkin' about going???
Old 12-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

My name is Lee Hackney a member of this club(not a board member) and I have raced the last four NWIC races at Tri Cities and one at Spokane, also some NCT races the last few years.I believe this club can run as good a race as anyone in the NW.Lee
Old 12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looks like Castle Creations will be participating also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.