Moderator`s being unfair & Bias....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moderator`s being unfair & Bias....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Tech Legend

Default Moderator`s being unfair & Bias....

Its seems that ok to bash & call folks names on some threads but it not cool to do on other threads we have in the Nw forum.....

Why not have moderator rules & guidelines so the moderators can govern this forum fairly ????

Sorry guys you`s wanted the power, but its seems that you`s only have tried to moderate when folks complain ....

I seen plenty of name calling & bashing sence we elected you`s...

I`m complaining because there`s a double standard for these threads.... Thats got-a stop !!!
Old 05-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Actually, I don't think he's been tough enough. He's doing a fine job.
If he can deter some more of the stuff that you usually post...a total waste of space....and ALSO some of the others...it would be welcomed very much. Just keep it simple folks and cut out the garbage and post good fun information. just my opinion
Old 05-24-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Silver
Actually, I don't think he's been tough enough. He's doing a fine job.
If he can deter some more of the stuff that you usually post...a total waste of space....and ALSO some of the others...it would be welcomed very much. Just keep it simple folks and cut out the garbage and post good fun information. just my opinion
I agree, it would be nice if the moderator could step it up a bit. But so far he is doing a good job. Keep it up.

-Sushi Boy
Old 05-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Sorry guys you`s wanted the power, but its seems that you`s only have tried to moderate when folks complain ....
If I recall, the moderator positions were based on 'nominations' by the registered users of the N.W. region and voted upon by the same people. I can not speak for 'Exterminator' or 'Speedo' but, only for myself, you 'Wild Cherry' perhaps thought that I would be a good choice for the duties of moderating so 'you' perhaps voted as such however, some of us have more important things to do in life then sit at a computer and babysit children and 'edit ' or 'delete' off subject posts that should not have been written in the first place. If you think you are being singled out then sorry, but others have been edited, deleted and warned also and there not whining. And there is such a thing as 'personal messages' that may have been sent to those users abusing the privilege of this message forum. 'nough said.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:42 PM

so did george post something that edited, dang i missed it,
some of the posts do go to far (guilty) but most of it is guys having fun with each other, i've seen guys rip each other on here and then joke about it at the track. keeping strict limits on the threads will make for short and boring topics. i mean do you really need to come on here and ask whos going to what race, that could be done with a phone call, do we really need to know a local tracks race schedule, most all of the local tracks have thier own web sites to look that up. race results are nice to look at esp if your name is on top, but does anybody really need that posted. look at the 70 plus pages of trcr talk, how much is real info and how much is junk, i figure its about 2 pages good stuff and the rest junk. but i was fun junk and i like seeing it and posting it. thanks for letting me piss and moan, rip, make fun, tease, and otherwise express my opinion as i waste band with. maybe if we paid our sitters more????
baby sitter, i don't need no stinkin baby sitter.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:22 AM
Tech Legend

I`m shocked !!!

John you deleted a post of I made, its was`nt even important..

Thats not why I`m upset.....( calling me a whinner is`nt whats this is about either)

Its the fact that there has been posts in the past few months that bash me & others...
These posts sould had been deleted, but unstead were allowed to stand.....

So yes, in a nut shell I do feel I`m being "single out"....

It really tick me off to see a post as innocent as the one I made on Blockheads thread get deleted, yet all those made against me & others in the past have been allowed .

Where were you`s back when all those post were made ???

So...., thats why I`m up-set with the way this forum has been moderated....

I respect the fact that you`s have done your best with the time you have available....
And I recognize the fact that you`s get nothing for your labors.....

I also commend the efforts as of late that have been done to clean up our forum so anyone young & old can enjoy the racing we have here in the N/w....

But where`s da love ?

I would love to see you be on top of all these forums, not just being Bias towards Blockheads....
In fact I`m been dieing waiting for just that to happen .....
Old 05-25-2003, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

If only the forums had a sway bar!!!

is it bias? or is it always the same people stirring the pot....... no pun intended....

I duno, i've seen some pretty odd stuff on here, alot of useless stuff on here also, for the most part its been edited, or deleated, unfortunatly, like ritchie said, we missed it....... so we can't really judge what was said and wheather or not it was deleated unjustly, but at the same time, thats why they are here to moderate the forums......... besides, from what i remember, wasnt cherry pushing for john and tim for moderators,......... anyways, we voted them in, so we gotta trust what they choose is wrong and right.

Remember, we can't see what you put, no matter how large or small, because it was deleated. But at the same time, you can't see what else was deleated in the past that others posted, because it was deleated..............think about that for a bit!!

one more thing, you can't complain about the moderators not doing their "job" that they volenteered for, and say they aren't policing whats being said, and then when something is edited, you complain about it...... to me that sounds like you want them be "on your side" that seems pretty biased to me.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Speaking for myself I don't think I have been biased to anyone. If I see a attack on someone I edit it or delete it and PM a note to the offender.

I have let stuff go in the past simply due to the fact that I am not a moral judge on what you put in. The way I look at it if it would be allowed on the radio or tv then it's free speech.

Recently I began to crack down on the forums more to try and clean it up so that a wider range of people could enjoy these discusions.

I personally take the time to post the results of races. I feel that it's a way for people to compare themselves with other racers and keep track of their improving abilities.

As for selected threads to be monitored more tightly that seems to be a good idea. That should allow people who are looking for specific answers a place to look.
When the title of a thread is Pit's Talk you are going to get a wider range of posts just like in the pit's sometimes there is some joking and teasing, Bitching and moaning. it's all part of racing. some good some bad.

If you feel that I'm not doing what you voted me in for then request a revote and we can all express our opinion.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Tech Legend

Sould I reprint some of the those posts that have been allowed to stand ?

We don`t need that ......

I started the Pits talk for everyone not just me....
The purpose of the Trcr pits thread was to create a water hole where`s the racer here in the N/w could come together....

I never intended it to be a platform for insults or name calling....

yet thats what happen to Trcr`s pits talk.....

I been taking a beating ever sence it creation, worth it however cus my main goal was being acheive...( bringing us together)

Now we have this N/w forum for all , the beating`s & abuse was all worth it....

Chris is correct if anyone is reposible for having moderator`s I was right in there in helping creating their positions.....( I was one of the folks that Pm Troy concerning all the bashing)

I never wanted to moderate, but control was called for especialy back before we had Tim & John to moderate....

I expect the same respect you moderator`s are giving Blockhead to be given to my thread as well , in fact all the threads deserve it.........

Now , if you guys think my thread is for whatever & Blockheads is for another that being bias !!!!
I expect fair treatment for anyone & everyone....
Even me...... pot stirring & all ..... (No pun )

Wild Cherry
Old 05-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Legend

For da record......

The post Wild Cherry made >>> losi chaser deleted.......

Warning : This remark is consider bad & was deleted....

How do I get a big head ??

I want-a go faster........

Bad stuff ? Aaaaaaaa!!! C-onnnnnn !!!
Old 05-25-2003, 10:36 AM

tim the race results line was only an example, not a request for it to end.( read the line before). if i never said it before, thanks for doing it, i know its time consuming and a lot of work
Old 05-25-2003, 10:37 AM

cherry .... ever see the movie 'SCANNERS" thats the visual i get when i think of you with a bigger head.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

george,

its not that your comment was particularly bad, it was off topic, and first line on that forum was requesting that all post's be on subject, that post was not, and away it went,it is as simple as that.....
Old 05-26-2003, 11:09 AM
Tech Legend

Chris...

Its not the delete that disaapointed me ....

Its the fact that the moderator was giving your thread extra attention.

Pits Talk deserves the same.....( all the N/w threads do)

specially when the curt remarks & bashing have been so obivious.

Again , I could reprint posts from the pits talk thread that never sould had remain.....

( these posts have been made with our new moderator`s in place)

Thats whats this thread is all about , fair moderating....

I guess your a lot more popular them me.....
Thus John must like you more than me.....
You must pay more than me for babysiting (oops)..., moderating?

Is it to much to expect fair & equel moderating for all the threads in the N/w forum ?

I don`t think sooooo.....

As for now I have stop posting on my own thread.
Why ?
The fear of more of same-o-same-o....

I tried to turn the thread into set-ups & race results ( with the deepy appreciatted help from Tim)
But it still turns into another bash Cherry thread.....

More babysiting,,, oops, moderating is called for....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-26-2003 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation Baby Cherry

George, Cry for me baby!

Considering you got this whole moderator thing started.

Put up and shut up!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.