Wiki Posts
Search

1/5th Scale Cars and Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 1/5th Scale Cars and Bikes

What with the 1/5th scale Nats coming to TimeZone, I couldn't resist picking up a Thunder Tiger Ducati electric bike, as the Nats will have that as a class.

I will tear it down tonight and do some of the mods suggested in the Brit toy car mags, make sure the bearings are free etc, charge the battery and get some leaning learning in.

Think this size bike will work well on the Rose City track at Janzens Beach. Hopefully, Friday will be dry so's I can test down there.

jacko
Old 04-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
What with the 1/5th scale Nats coming to TimeZone, I couldn't resist picking up a Thunder Tiger Ducati electric bike, as the Nats will have that as a class.

I will tear it down tonight and do some of the mods suggested in the Brit toy car mags, make sure the bearings are free etc, charge the battery and get some leaning learning in.

Think this size bike will work well on the Rose City track at Janzens Beach. Hopefully, Friday will be dry so's I can test down there.

jacko
August 3,4,5, 2007

www.timezoneracing.com
Old 04-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jacko
Been eyeing My TT501, about to cram in a 10.5bl and GTB, LiPo for lower swing weight, Need to order better front forks.

Another way to slide the back wheel past Jacko into the corner....!!!!!!!!!

Oh Ya, And a Motoproto Rider
Old 04-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I ran an 11 tripple in mine - that thing was an absolute BLAST to play with! It'd be great to see a class of the 1/5th scale bikes out at Rose City.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

That's the spirit !! Right now, my TT is charged, loaded with the world famous Mabuchi waiting for its first launch.

Did some goosing on it last night, gotta do a bunch more; the forks still feel like they've been thru a sand box. Tonight, I'll rip the rear fork out and chop off the dead leg. I really like the shock body. Any one messed with that internal spring? Haven't caught word on the various chat rooms about that piece.

Dam, I've gotta work my 1/12th scale up for this w/end at SIR and I juss wanna play bikes.
Jacko
Old 04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

2 WHEEL HOBBIES.COM

PUT A BIGGER MOTOR IN THAT BIKE, AT LEAST A 10TURN

TRAXXIS JATO SHOCK WORKS GREAT FOR A REAR UPGRADE, THUNDER TIGER STEERING SHOCK UPGRADE, TIRES PMT ABSOULOUTE MUST, ASH CAN THE STOCKERS
Old 04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Just ran the TT and it's a blast: really easy to get in the groove. Sure, the tyres are crap and the steering's pissy, but the idea is there planted.

Get more bits, go more fast. Bigger battery, fatter motor etc.

Jacko0
Old 04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Get more bits, go more fast. Bigger battery, fatter motor etc.

Jacko0
... thinner wallet.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Bikes

http://www.northern-radio-moto-club....netbrcasbk.wmv
Old 04-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Those bikes are soooo cooooool, track is very nice too, great video.

Makes me want to lay an asphalt track next to our dirt one again, but not enough support for the cost.

1/5 bikes are very sweet indeed! as are all large scale RC.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Yeh, my TT Ducati is a fine piece of gear. Just waiting real tyres, a steering damper set up and Metal yokes as mine exploded as I put the bike into a very tall lamp post !!

That track is Snetterton in England.

Jacko
Old 04-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Man alive, tyres and a 19 turn has made this byke come to life. I've been out there hanging the tail out. Worn the hoops out; they can now be shortened by 3mm at least. 8 minutes on 3800s until I drifted to the curb and blew out the di-cast steering mount dammit !!

Got the steering damper but it had the wrong ends to mount up immediately. That piece is really needed as the steering is slow slow slow as in sluggish. If I had that bdamper installed I could prolly have save the curb breaking my byke and making me curse it out.

Now I have another 6 days to wait for bits.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Man alive, tyres and a 19 turn has made this byke come to life. I've been out there hanging the tail out. Worn the hoops out; they can now be shortened by 3mm at least. 8 minutes on 3800s until I drifted to the curb and blew out the di-cast steering mount dammit !!

Got the steering damper but it had the wrong ends to mount up immediately. That piece is really needed as the steering is slow slow slow as in sluggish. If I had that bdamper installed I could prolly have save the curb breaking my byke and making me curse it out.

Now I have another 6 days to wait for bits.
well now that the bits have come, whats the latest?
Old 05-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

One step forward, two (or three) backwards. Revo shock, TT steering damper and a new headstock make for a not so satisfactory state of progress. Need to spend dedicated time with it to chase the tune.

But no surrender.

Jacko
Old 05-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Whats it doing Jacko? Forks sticky? check for free movement of the shock and swingarm, forks need to be free from stiction, Smmmooooottttthhhhh.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.