Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Portland Off-Road Racing Series

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Plan

Well we would like to and are going to try to make it. But I still think they should allow electric trucks on the bigger tracks IMO
Old 05-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Good Luck everyone on the 19th race.......

If anyone trashes their bodies on the practice day, check out my site I'll hook you up with some paintjobs to get you ready for the points races. You can ask Clint about my work too.

Sorry to leech on here Clint. Have a good summer series everyone.

Mark
bella-graphix.com
Old 05-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just to clear this up for everyone, we will run whatever classes we have enough racers for. We will have electric classes at Canby for sure and I am sure that Clint will run them at 2 Brother's if enough people show up. Mod truck has always been a decent turnout and I am sure 4wd mod will be big, so bring out what you have and race. There will be no points series and prizes for electric, that is the only thing that is not happening. The points series is nitro only, but electric racers are welcome.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveC
Just to clear this up for everyone, we will run whatever classes we have enough racers for. We will have electric classes at Canby for sure and I am sure that Clint will run them at 2 Brother's if enough people show up. Mod truck has always been a decent turnout and I am sure 4wd mod will be big, so bring out what you have and race. There will be no points series and prizes for electric, that is the only thing that is not happening. The points series is nitro only, but electric racers are welcome.
Sweet!! Thanks for sheddin' the light!

Larry
Old 05-11-2007, 05:54 PM

good to here from you Mark the .5 body turned out awsome thank you.
no problem about leaching in you do good work.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Yes I will run the electric too but I was trying to push the nitro for the outdoor series. We will see what happens.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markarch
Good Luck everyone on the 19th race.......

If anyone trashes their bodies on the practice day, check out my site I'll hook you up with some paintjobs to get you ready for the points races. You can ask Clint about my work too.

Sorry to leech on here Clint. Have a good summer series everyone.

Mark
bella-graphix.com
Mark, you do great work dude! At least 1/2 dozen peeps give high props at every race!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Clint, will be there man, I'll try to show early so you can school me on the puter!

I'll also bring back your P.T.!!!

BTW, track looks sweet!
Old 05-11-2007, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by redman
Clint, will be there man, I'll try to show early so you can school me on the puter!

I'll also bring back your P.T.!!!

BTW, track looks sweet!
Sounds good Thanks
Old 05-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Guys!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

[QUOTE=2brothersracing]Chris we will be racing on those weekends of all the Nct & pro series week ends. We are not out to cause conflicts with these races=QUOTE]
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
Old 05-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default Portland Series Details

Hey guys! I thought I would stop in and give you all of the details about the series this summer! I've been very busy getting the track ready just like the other clubs in the area! Thanks to the early dry weather we are nearly a month ahead of last year!
Well here is the scoop on the series. We are trying to create a local series that would offer all of the things that make the large 2 day races so exciting while eliminating the things that make them so difficult for the average racer to compete in. For example, the hardest thing for me as a racer is the extra time and money it takes to travel while the things I like are the big tracks, trophies, prizes, and long mains! Right now there are so many new racers out there that are going to have a chance to have the big race experience locally without having to spend a lot of $ or take time off work!
We have taken club racing and formed it into a series. We have scheduled races every weekend because this is club racing, club racing is done on a weekly basis just like tuesdays, fridays, and sundays at the indoor track. We feel that a consistent schedule will be easy for racers to stay plugged in they know that every weekend there will be a place to race!
Anyone can race including electric classes. We have not included electric classes for points in the series mainly because we just finished up an indoor series which did not include most of the nitro classes. This is the chance for the nitro guys to receive some of the great prizes and trophies like the electric guys just did! Also, A-Main and 2brother's at Aero already provide great racing for the electric racers on a weekly basis.
So how do you win? We will take your nine best point totals between June 2nd and the end of september and the racer with the highest total at the end will receive a trophy and, thanks to our sponsors, one of the following kits; 8ight-B, 8ight-T, RC10GT2, .5 CRT!!!!
Another unique feature of our series this year will be the awards banquet to be scheduled after the final round of the series! It will be a fun time away from racing to just hang out, eat catered food, watch videos and pictures of the races and best of all hand out all of our race prizes and trophies!
If you are looking for something to do this weekend we will be holding a warm up money race (entries are paid back as prize money) at 2brother's raceway this saturday! Practice from 9 - 10:30 racing begins at 11am!
Series details and dates are on the website www.amainraceway.com.

Hope to see you there! Lets Race!

Thanks,
Tim
Old 05-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Tim. I'll be there this weekend. No disrespect for Chris or CNC, but the Beavercreek and Canby tracks are much closer to me, and gas is expensive. Thanks for all of the work that you and Clint have done in making this series possible.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That sounds really nice ! not all of us have the time and the money to go to race for a couple of days staying at hotels, trailer or motorhome. Its also nice to be able to race with racers that are more in a novice or sportsman class, gives you more of a chance to do somewhat good, and not so intimidating Hopefully the weather will hold up ! now i just have to decide what to bring, buggy or truggy, hhhmm
Old 05-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Awesome write up Tim

You know 1st hand the cost of traveling to races, I see ya there.

This is a great opportunity for the local people to race every weekend, and with the big races scattered around, everyone now can burn some nitro every weekend, well if our lovely weather permits

With as big as the Pacific Northwest RC scene is growing the more races, places and people the better. Opens up the doors for all of us to improve, compete and .........

HAVE FUN

Ultimatly that's what it is all about, hey they are toy cars right

Nice Job Tim and Clint

LETS RACE

Oh and Mike, dude I fully understand, its not like ya live in Salem or something

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.