Old 10-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

sushi- im running 1/12 stock, my dad is racing stock sedan

- Tom
Old 10-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Freedom
Hello,

I just got my V one RR, does anyone here have a V one R or RR, thanks.
i have the r
the cars are really close so if you have any q's let me know
Old 11-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You guys still running the RoadDome system and how has the FB been on it? We just got it in at my local track and I have heard "things" about it. if you want to keep it off the net feel free to email me.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

The road dome system saves tons of money for those of us who spend quite a bit of time against the boards. The dots will lose the velcro after a little while, and the rails have a tendency to move aroud a little, but other than that I thought it worked out pretty well. I was part of the Redmond Hobbies track crew and also appreciated not having to lug around a boatload of 2x4's to set up and tear down the track. I would be interested to here about the "things" you are referring to.
Kiiski
Old 11-06-2003, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default Road Rails

My 12 year old son and I are first year racers, so I guess we qualify as folks who spend some time up against the boards. Here is my take on the road rails. They give much more readily than boards. They do, however, act like little ski jumps if you hit them right. If you are going fast enough, they will launch the car into the cheap seats. If you are in a slower part of the track, you will merely climb over them and wind up on a different part of the track. In these two scenarios, the potential for damage is far greater than if you hit a board and were contained by the boards. Even with boards around the perimitter of the track, I saw cars at every race clear those boards and wind up in the parking lot after being launched by a road rail. I saw cars jump from the slow infield onto the back straight and get hit, sometimes head on, by some one at full speed on that straightaway. In the first case, I would worry about parking lot owners' liability when the cars are not contained within the track. Spectators like to sit too close. In the second case, I had most of the front end (a-arms, shock tower, diff case) destroyed on my NTC3, and the chassis plate bent, when I was the guy at full speed on the back straight when some one climbed over the road rail from the infield and hit me head on. I personally prefer the tall, imovable, car containing boards. We spent all summer helping set up of the track at the Lynnwood Hobbytown, with the Rain City crew. Yes, the boards are heavy and harder to set up. If you brush one you are more likely to damage the car than with the road rail. If you really smack one, it will stop the car safely, where the road rail will not. You might get away with no damage when launching over a road rail, and convince yourself they are better than boards. The first time you see a nitro car tumbling across the parking lot outside the track, heading for a parked car or some stroller mom that has stopped to watch, or suddenly appear in front of your car from another part of the track, you might change your mind.