Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TCS RACE SCHEDULE 2007

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jtveten
Doug, is it still ok to sign up at your track this sunday?
why, yes it is
Old 02-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

We will see you this Sunday. If I get the setup a little better, I'll be able to race it without being a traffic hazard, I hope.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

What are the times the track is going to open for practice on the 17th and 18th? Looking to commute up there for the race. Also how available is pit space going to be?? Are people going to pit outside or trailer it as well?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Anemic_SluG
What are the times the track is going to open for practice on the 17th and 18th? Looking to commute up there for the race. Also how available is pit space going to be?? Are people going to pit outside or trailer it as well?

Thanks
track will be open @ 8:00am both days. We will run Qual's on Sat. and last chance on sunday. As far as pitting goes, we will have pit table we have room inside for 93.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

here is the sign-up link
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/register_127.php
Old 02-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rchoudini
track will be open @ 8:00am both days. We will run Qual's on Sat. and last chance on sunday. As far as pitting goes, we will have pit table we have room inside for 93.
Is that counting the walkthrough area to the outdoor track?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//yossy.cocolog-wbs.com/yossy/&hl=en&langpair=ja|en&tbb=1&ie=utf-8/

For those of you thinking of TCS Nats look about halfway down with the motor in the Dick Pump.....
Old 02-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Format for the Weekend will be

Saturday
2 quals IFMAR start
Resort
1 Qual standing Start
Sunday
1 Qual Standing Start
AAA Mains
BB Mains

GT3, GT2, GT1, Mini, TamTech-- 6min heats and Mains

F103GT--10min Heats and Mains
Old 02-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Man this is gonna be FUN!!!

When you run the standing start 3rd and 4th Q's- in qualifying order for Q3, but what in Q4? Inverted? Finishing order in Q3? Inquiring minds want to know...

Any chance there will be some surprises in those AAA Mains...like maybe 10 minutes long?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Saturday
2 quals IFMAR start
Resort
1 Qual standing Start
Sunday
1 Qual Standing Start
AAA Mains
BB Mains

The more I look at this the more it looks like a very poor way to run the program. If you are running 8 cars to a heat and your result is calculated by time, it seems to me that the nineth car would have a huge advantage over the eighth. While the nineth car gets to start his heat at the front of the pack in his heat and will probably see nothing but open track until he starts lapping people, the eighth car will have to start at the back of a pack and dodge any carnage in front of him. If elapsed time is what counts it would be much easier to improve from the front of a grid than from the back. I didn't hear any giant outcry to do away with Ifmar style qualifying so I quess I'm just curious why we're doing it this way. I don't want to see change just for changes sake, I want to see change when it improves the racing. I don't think this does.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

your assuming cars 14 and 15 don't tange which means number 9 catches up within a lap or two and then has to fight to get past two guys that are pissed at each other. but if the mustard jar is full none of this should be a problem, unless of course we are out of onions, in that case, all bets are off.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Saturday
2 quals IFMAR start
Resort
1 Qual standing Start
Sunday
1 Qual Standing Start
AAA Mains
BB Mains

Doug, did someone take over your computer and make an unauthorized post?

I was thinking the SIR TCS Regional would be the same format as the TCS National, other then the number of qualifiers. Exmp. IFMAR qual starts, resorts, heat and main lengths and the heads up start in the mains, based on your qualifying order.
OK, you got me. You were just checking to see if anyone was awake. Mark and I will see you this Sunday for some race/testing.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

John no there was no unauthorized breach either.

There has been talk of trying some different things with TCS (nationwide)for 2 years. Fred has left it to SIR to run the format we choose. Some might be things you see show up at TCS Nats you never know. Fred will be there from Tamiya America to see how things go. We also have notified him as to what our plans were so no worries there.

Besides whats wrong with a little more track time With those Li-Po's you guys will have no worries for runtime. Plus the 103's are endurance racers.

Chris not sure on the 8-9th car part what you are saying there. Until we get the layout down we are not sure on 8 or 10 cars for the A. Whatever the resort is for the standing starts will be the A- Main grid unless someone in the B quals gets a good enough run to bump up. Plus with a standing start you will still be slower than IFMAR. We may turn it back to 1 standing start only. The Mains will be standing start for sure and the last Qual will get you guys ready for it. We want the quality of the racing good and not too many cars for dodgeball for the Mains thus the car limits.

Re-reading your post Chris I think you are also pointing out that car 9 gets alot of room to run. But they also have the 16th qualifer running with them this can add to their laptimes if they have troubles passing that person.

Again not change for change sake we are trying to liven up qualifying for spectators and the rest. We also talked about the Bump and run that they had at 'Birds and it made the B alot more watched and relevant. We just do not have the time to do it with TCS or we have to nuke the AAA's and that makes the whole thing more of a crapshoot.

Last edited by Difuser; 02-24-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

You could make the last chance qualifier on sunday your bump and run class. Top 6 or 8 (depending on class size) after sat. are seated and only the B and c qual groups could battle it out for the chance to bump. The C racers would have a chance to bump to the double b's and the B racers would have a chance to bump to the aaa's. That might help save time on Sunday for all the mains.

I'd like to see all the qualifying heats be the same, heads up or Ifmar. Personally I think heads up would be a fun way to qualify and fun for the spectators as well. But if you must, you could run Ifmar for qualifying on sat. and heads up for the last chance on sun.

Just some thoughts.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Difuser
John no there was no unauthorized breach either.

There has been talk of trying some different things with TCS (nationwide)for 2 years. Fred has left it to SIR to run the format we choose. Some might be things you see show up at TCS Nats you never know. Fred will be there from Tamiya America to see how things go. We also have notified him as to what our plans were so no worries there.

Besides whats wrong with a little more track time With those Li-Po's you guys will have no worries for runtime. Plus the 103's are endurance racers.

Chris not sure on the 8-9th car part what you are saying there. Until we get the layout down we are not sure on 8 or 10 cars for the A. Whatever the resort is for the standing starts will be the A- Main grid unless someone in the B quals gets a good enough run to bump up. Plus with a standing start you will still be slower than IFMAR. We may turn it back to 1 standing start only. The Mains will be standing start for sure and the last Qual will get you guys ready for it. We want the quality of the racing good and not too many cars for dodgeball for the Mains thus the car limits.

Re-reading your post Chris I think you are also pointing out that car 9 gets alot of room to run. But they also have the 16th qualifer running with them this can add to their laptimes if they have troubles passing that person.

Again not change for change sake we are trying to liven up qualifying for spectators and the rest. We also talked about the Bump and run that they had at 'Birds and it made the B alot more watched and relevant. We just do not have the time to do it with TCS or we have to nuke the AAA's and that makes the whole thing more of a crapshoot.

thank you for (i hate this term) thinking out side the box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.