Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Fantasy World 2003 Race Season >

Fantasy World 2003 Race Season

Fantasy World 2003 Race Season

Old 02-20-2003, 04:57 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

Default Fantasy World 2003 Race Season

Fantasy World's 2003 Races Season is gearing up for a start.

We are having a Drivers Meeting in the back room at the Round Table Pizza next to Fantasy World Toy and Hobby. Sunday, March 2nd at 6:30pm.

The discussion will include class rules, points series rules, start date, Summer Sizzler date, and anything else that comes up.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:02 PM
Regional Moderator

I'll be there IF the race at TRCR is over by then. Got to wait around for my trophy.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:28 PM

i guess tim and can ride together then
Old 02-20-2003, 06:32 PM

one thing, i saw your post and the foam rubber thing, not sure foam will work at your track, but i can tell you i ran foams the day we had the water problem and it was a blast, ralley style, but if you figure out some kind of traction compound you might get some 1/8 or 1/10 (sarcar) guys to come play on thier weeks off.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

We did the coke thing last year, it didn't help much. We didn't put much down though. What ever the case it would have to be water soluable, the flower guy would s**t if the parkinglot stayed sticky.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Arrow

HA HA
Old 03-04-2003, 06:42 PM

sorry i forgot about the meeting, whens racing start, and any new changes, how about a 1/12 class, f-1, 19t, so whats up
Old 03-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, I am going to start racing there this year. Who do I need to contact to get the details.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Oh yeah, where can I find a good 12th scale. I watched those things race at the rain and it looks like a lot of fun.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:31 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

Nobody has shown any interest in running 1/12. The sealed asphault parking lot is not kind to the pan car chassis and nobody has been able to get foams to hook up, even on the 4wd electric or nitro cars.

Yes on the F-1 (assuming enough cars show up) because of Tamiya's 4wd F-1 with rubber tires.

Yes on 19 turn.

All this will get updated on the web soon
http://fantasyworldracing.home.att.net

But for now here is a quick rundown.

Official season and point series start is Sunday April 6 with a planned practice/work the bugs out on March 30 and a chance of one on March 23

Hard and fast on the timing. At 10:30 am the signups will close for the first qualifier. Anybody signing up after that will be put in between rounds. Track will be closed at 10:40. Drivers meeting at 10:45. First qualifier at 11:00. Only 2 minutes between races (including gas), no waiting for anybody, not even Franko.

There must be at least 4 cars in a class to run it. If one of the 4 drivers goes home, we will skip that heat/main.

Gas A-mains (except novice) will be 15 minutes, all other mains will remain at 5 minutes.

The track layout will remain as close to the same as possible for one month at a time.

After the track is setup and open for practice, the time remaining between then and 10:40 will be divided in half and each have will be restricted between gas cars and electric cars. The order the cars will be allowed to practice will be swapped each race weekend.

Bus passes will be available for purchase. Bus passes are only good for normal point series races and practices (i.e. not the Summer Sizzler or 4th of July race) $75 will give a specific person entry into one class for the 2003 season. $125 will give a specific person entry into more than one class for the 2003 season. The Bus passes are not transferable and no refunds. With a potential of 28 point series races, that would normally cost $140 to race all of them. With the $75 you break even if you make 15 races. With the $125 you are ahead if you make 13 races with 2 cars.

Novice classes will run last in both the qualifier and mains.

Drivers that help setup the track (as in be there around 8:30 am) will get their second class entry free.

Mother’s Day is normally not a race. There will be a practice setup that day (no point series).

Summer Sizzler date – July 19 and 20

Point Series
There will be a Spring and Fall points series divided by the Summer Sizzler. Each series will have a potential of 14 races. The top 9 races will be counted for each series.
4 points for top qualifier. First place will get 100 points and the points will drop by 5 for each place beyond first. Instead of 21st place getting zero points, all drivers at or beyond 21st will receive 3 points each.

Prizes will remain the same as last year (i.e. based on points earned and no prizes for non-paying classes).

Class changes.

Novice, Gas/Electric
Will be run last. Specific rules will be made for bumping drivers out of novice (i.e comparing their final main race times with the qualifying times of the class they would move up too.

4wd Stock – No change

19 turn modified –
Same as 4wd Stock except 19 turn fixed timing motors only.
This class is designed to get the faster stock drivers out of stock and let the up and coming stock drivers (and the older 50+ crowd that can’t see any more) have a chance of getting to the A-main. A driver cannot run in both Stock and mod. Drivers that get “invited” to join the 19 turn modified class (Sterling, among many others) will not be allowed back into the Stock class.

Open Mod 4wd – No change.

Gas Sedan –
Non-turbo, small block, stock unaltered (including the stock carburetor) engines.
75cc fuel capacity (the NTC3’s will have to use the plastic tank spacer).
15 minute A-main.

F1-
New class. 19 turn fixed timing motor.
Tamiya 4wd F-1 is recommended but not required. The 2wd t-bar chassis do not handle well and will be black-flagged if they are not kept under control.

Super Nitro
Non-turbo, small block, stock unaltered (including the stock carburetor) engines.
??? 75cc fuel capacity ??? I think that is the stock HPI super nitro tank size.
15 minute A-main.

Nitro Monster Truck
Small block non turbo engine.
HPI Savage may use it’s stock .21 with the stock carb and exaust.
Fuel capacity must remain the stock tank size for the truck, no second tanks. I believe that the current sizes are: T-maxx 125cc, Terra Crusher 150cc, Savage 160cc.

Micro – This class has been removed. The track is to bumpy to allow the cars to survive a 5 minute race.

I think that is everything. I am sure someone will let me know if I missed anything.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default aight

we get the point know.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:49 PM

on your 19t mod class, you stated drivers that are invited to run in that class may not run stock anymore, thats fine, the big question, if required to bump up in class because your too "fast" for stock, and required to purchase new motors will those motors be available at a discount and do the "fast" guys have a say in who is "fast" enough to run 19t
Old 03-05-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

NO !!!! The reason behind this was to spark some interest in the class. People were avoiding it because of the fear of being non competative, and not having a chance to win. With your sponsorship you shouldn't have any trouble getting a motor though. Anyone can run the class, some may be required to run it though. It will be a cheaper version of mod, besides you know whats up.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:12 PM

i will have to buy my own motor, buts ok, cause i don't think i'll have to run it, looking at my scores from last year i think i'll be ok
Old 03-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Mal

Ritche, I've been running 19T for most of this year. The motor it self and the up keep isn't that much more than stock. The motor is a little faster than stock, about .5 seconds per lap faster at raincity's track.

19T motors have fixed timing, laydown brushes and bearings. The cost of a 19T is maybe $5 more than a stock motor and has about the same up keep cost.

As big as fantasy world's track is, I'm surprised people still want to run stock.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.