Wiki Posts
Search

NWIC 2006/2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default NWIC 2006/2007

Its official: Race tracks of the NW bring you the NWIC 2006/2007.

Check out nwic2006.com for more details.

It true we will once again be having a Carpet Indoor Championship Series throughout the Northwest. Last year top level drivers from around the Nation participated and I am sure this year will be even better.

First Race will be the Slug Fest at Rain City Raceway on October 20-22

Peel It Raceway Nov 18-19

West Coast (Tri Cities) Dec 9-10

RC Plus Jan 20-21

Northwest Rc Spokane Feb 24-25

Best 4 out of 5 races count toward the Championship.

Stock Foam Touring car will be offered this year and we will still have a stock rubber tire class on cs-27's. Any ROAR approved stock motor is allowed for this class.

19t 1/12 will replace 1/12 stock and modified for NWIC points.

Once again brushless will be allowed in modified touring.

Hope to see everyone at the Slugfest.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:30 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Can't wait, I should actually be able to participate this year.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

So If I understand right, 19t will be the only 1/12 class this year?

How many people are going to be running stock foam TC? Seems like last year the popular class was spec/stock rubber TC.

Last year I participated in the RC Plus and Peel-it race of the series and looking forward to attending all of them this year!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default NWIC

Anthony,

I don't want to speak for the NWIC series directors, but I think it means that 19t 1/12th scale is the only one that will score series points, but if interest is high enough at certain events other 1/12 classes could be offered. I would always plan for 19t though, I think it should be a good blend of speed and challenge and entries should be good.

Steve
Old 08-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank you Wes for doing an absolutely gorgeous website! Your skills are amazing! thank you, thank you, thank you.

The classes listed are the ones that will count toward the series. But as before, each track can have other classes if their track runs them. Such as trucks, mini's, silver can, stock 1/12th or mod 1/12, etc. Whatever brings in the racers to make it a good, fun race. Each track makes that decision and it's their responsibility to make it happen.
I'm looking forward to this series, it should be a hoot. Lots of excitement already. The guys who participated last year are getting ready again.

Thank you Darren for making it happen.

Last edited by Silver; 08-14-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Just to clarify, I got nothing against 19t in fact it's my favorite class for 1/12 racing. I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly. This year I want to be in the race for points, so 19t it is!
Old 08-14-2006, 01:39 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Anthony,

I don't want to speak for the NWIC series directors, but I think it means that 19t 1/12th scale is the only one that will score series points, but if interest is high enough at certain events other 1/12 classes could be offered. I would always plan for 19t though, I think it should be a good blend of speed and challenge and entries should be good.

Steve
what are the reason for not having 12th stock series point ?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Because nobody ran it enough last year. Not those who traveled anyway.
And the same for mod 1/12. So, in order to hopefully get a better number of entries for the series races, it was decided to offer 19T.

Now that doesn't mean that at the Slugfest there won't be 1/12 stock. If enough people want it, then it will be run. Just like at every other track in the series. So speak up if you are going to race and want 1/12 stock.
But if you're in it for the points and traveling, then do the 19T. You can do it Franko! It's a great challenge!
Old 08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Debbie, I sent you an email. You can count Mark and me in for 12th scale 19T club racing. I know we would pretty much have to race on the weekends, due to the after work traffic. Is Saturday still your best race day turnout, or would we be looking at another day? If we are going to race 12th scale we might as well do the point series. Sounds like a lot of fun. We will have to get up there to get some 12th scale practice and tuning in before the big start of the indoor carpet season Slugfest race.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Saturdays have been a bit thin shall we say. But from the chatter going on it should be starting up pretty soon.
I'll write y'all down. Good times!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Well that's pretty understandable due to the great weather we've been having lately. I'll have to talk to Mark and Franko about when we will start coming up there on a regular basis, but I kind of think it will be right after the on road gas regional. I guess we will have to get the saturday race interest up. I remember that used to be one of your biggest race day turnouts.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:41 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver
Because nobody ran it enough last year. Not those who traveled anyway.
And the same for mod 1/12. So, in order to hopefully get a better number of entries for the series races, it was decided to offer 19T.

Now that doesn't mean that at the Slugfest there won't be 1/12 stock. If enough people want it, then it will be run. Just like at every other track in the series. So speak up if you are going to race and want 1/12 stock.
But if you're in it for the points and traveling, then do the 19T. You can do it Franko! It's a great challenge!
Okay Deb
Hoppefully your Right j/k
Old 08-14-2006, 07:02 PM

How many people are going to be running stock foam TC? Seems like last year the popular class was spec/stock rubber TC.
We'll see. I didn't put it on the at first because I have that much faith that people would turn out for it .. but it was decided to offer it. I doubt very many will, but if you want to run it please put your hand up now so it will help people decide who may be hesitant in running it.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

We are looking forward to a great series again this year!
Spec sedan will still be a great place for the new people to race and learn , just like last year. The stock sedan at rcplus has been our biggest turnout this summer. most of our racers from spec last year have moved up to the foam classes and we have a new crop of racers running spec again.

I'll see you all at the rain, Sign me up for mod touring!

Ron
Old 08-15-2006, 08:14 AM

Spec sedan will still be a great place for the new people to race and learn , just like last year.
There is no spec sedan this year.

I know Rain City will run a spec, and a novice class (seperate of one another) but it won't count towards points. If other tracks want to do the same that is definitely cool but we should just run everyone in stock unless they are a true novice. There were a lot of people last year running spec who should not have been.

Of course, this is up to Darren ... I'm not running the show, just quoting the web site.

Also if anyone here is a track owner that is also running the series, please PM me if you have a banner for your store's web site you want on the site. Every track gets one, but if you don't provide it, I can't put it up...thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.