Community
Wiki Posts
Search

***OFFICIAL RED FROG INDOOR TRACK THREAD***

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Doors open? Cool!
I thought that was forbidden cause of the neighbors? Has contact or a negotiation been made? What ever happened to the fan idea?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Red Frog Club founders are having a meeting this week end to iron out all(if we don't forget any) details. Any suggestions on topics please speak up here, i.e. track designs,wants,dislikes, etc.
Thanks ~Greg
Old 07-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TeamTazman
Doors open? Cool!
I thought that was forbidden cause of the neighbors? Has contact or a negotiation been made? What ever happened to the fan idea?
With both of the doors open the place keeps clear of smoke. Ahh nice air to breathe.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

OK guys so exactly how much dirt did you get? Is it inside? Do you have a tractor,backhoe,skidstear to move it around with yet?Any Ideas for track layouts yet? Who is gona be running the races?
Old 07-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Here are a few Links I have to some killer Track designs, we took a few Ideas from this and helped us out.

be sure and dont do anything too extreme, chalenging fun, pretty fast but keep the jumps makeable. A nice tripple that 1/8 and Truggys can clear but set up for Monsters to double and single easy, things like that. We have also found have to lines in and out of corners works great, guys call hall intoit high and come out wide, or slow inside and tight out.... Things ta think about. Eleveation changes are good but do take more dirt.

All the links I could find right now, but a nice start

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a10...Fan/index5.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a10...Fan/index6.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a10...Fan/index4.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a10...Fan/index3.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a10..._Fan/index.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a10...Fan/index1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a10...Fan/index2.jpg

http://www.drakemediainc.com/video/jasonb.asp

www.tiltyard.com
Old 07-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Great to hear that things are coming along at Red Frog. I would suggest putting a loading and unloading only sign in the driveway by the doors so that folks don' have to cart their stuff too far.

If more people show up, you will need to clear some more area for more parking or at least organized/marked parking.

Remember there are three possibilities for transponder system loans/leases: RC Supercross, 2 Brothers, and C&C.

Also, RC Supercross charges something like $35 for a yearly memebership fee and then you only pay half for race fees. Red Frog may want to adopt this idea, but since there are many more race days increase the fee to something like $50.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Hey thanks everyone for ideas. I think the effort put forth by the people starting this club is great, it can only get better.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeH
Great to hear that things are coming along at Red Frog. I would suggest putting a loading and unloading only sign in the driveway by the doors so that folks don' have to cart their stuff too far.

If more people show up, you will need to clear some more area for more parking or at least organized/marked parking.

Remember there are three possibilities for transponder system loans/leases: RC Supercross, 2 Brothers, and C&C.

Also, RC Supercross charges something like $35 for a yearly memebership fee and then you only pay half for race fees. Red Frog may want to adopt this idea, but since there are many more race days increase the fee to something like $50.

Hey thanks for the great ideas Mike! I will let the others know at our next meeting. I agree that we will need a bit more parking area. And yes you nailed the ideas we were throwing around for membership fees. Nothing set in stone yet but definatley along the lines of what you said.

Keep the good ideas and suggestions comin!

-Chris
Old 07-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Can we get a tally of electric guys wanting to race @ RF? We know there is a nitro following but would like to cater to elec. also.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RED FROG TRACK REHAB.

Yes we are beginning to work on the track. Berndt single handedly removed all the old pvc pipe today put it all outback out of site. He also watered down the track for tomorrow. The track will be open tomorrow with no pipe and no jumps but you can still make out lanes. It' a lot of work for one and a half guys so hoping others will pitch in. Next week will be a good time as the dirt will probably be moved in monday. Thanks in advance for the cooperation see you soon . Looking for a better future at RED FROG RACE TRACK. Getting faster all the time. PHIL.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just recently bought an electric truck and would like to run at RF.
RC10 T4
Old 07-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TRACK WORK RF

Contact, Berndt or Phil if you want to help.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah, Phil is right, we could need all the help we can get to clean this place up and make it nice for everyone, its not easy for 2 people to do everything that needs to be done. And as Phil also said, all the pipe and rebar ( spelling ? ) was taken out today, we also cleaned up the area by the fan, so its ready for the tractor to come in and do its whonders

We still have tons of stuff to do, like clean up outside the building, clean up and organize inside the building, make more pit tables, we need more electrical outlets by the pit tables, lower the light fixtures over the pit tables, more paint for the pit tables and offcourse material to build them ! so if anyone have or can get more plywood and 2x6x12;s get it out there.

We need to weed and clean up the parking area, fill in potholes in the parking area and on and on, so anyone that feel like helping out are more than welcome to do so, the more people that help out, the faster it gets done, lets all pitch in and make this place really nice for everyone.

We would love to see more electric out at the track, make one day in the week just for electric, if there is enough people that will show up that is.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Location: I dont race that LST anymore I'm Just to lazy to change my Screen name

anyone feel like going out to the track sunday to work. I wont be able to make it out tomorrow, the girl has me stuck helping with a garage sale, but I could go out sunday for a bit. Or maybe just list things that need to be done and we can all go chip in when we can.

-Ryan

edit: sorry Berndt didnt read your whole post with that list already in it.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

note to club: more than willing to work at track after meeting on sun. let me know what tools to bring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.