C-n-C's Raceway outdoor track--SW Wash.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C-n-C's Raceway outdoor track--SW Wash.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default C-n-C's Raceway outdoor track--SW Wash.

The staff at C-n-C’s raceway wanted to get a little input from the racing community about racing a stock and modified 1/18th scale class this summer. We are currently planning to run stock and modified classes for 1/10th scale trucks, buggies, monster trucks, and a separate anything goes truggy class if there is enough interest.

How many people would be interested in running in the 1/18th scale class? Also, do you think it would be better to have a smaller, dedicated track or to run on the full size track? As those that have been out to the track already know, it is quite large and keeping the track smooth enough for the 1/8th scales to really rip could be an issue. We are toying with the idea of creating an 1/18th scale track in the infield of the lower track. Give us some feedback.

Other points of interest:
1. Chris and I have been hard at work building pit tables and a battery charging station.
2. We procured a honey bucket .
3. Hopefully, I will be traveling to Seattle next week to look at and buy an AMD timing system.
4. Jason Sanders is officially in charge of web design and I have to say that he does really, really nice work. If you get a chance check out the webiste and pass along Jason’s info (Promus Technologies) to anyone looking for web design. Always good to support a fellow RC’er.

THINK SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Here's my 2cents

1/18 definately needs a smaller/smoother track.

I think the truggy class will actually be quite popular this year.

Hope to make up there again soon
Old 02-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would vote for the smaller dedicated track exclusively for the 1/18th scales.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Hey this is Chris, one of the C's in C&C's raceway, think my wife Chi is the 1st C
Well the track is really looking good. lots of great people adding great Idea's
I personally love the 1/18th Idea. Brian is the Track Engineer and Technical Advisor so what he says goes. We have plenty of room to do so and I personally so go for it.

Please check us out, we have a support Hobby Shop for the track inventory list on the web page, Honey Bucket for you refreshment needs, Battery Charging is ready now
Update track under construction

Stop on by

Stav

1-800-RACE 390
1-800-722-3390
Old 02-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Honey bucket for my refreshment needs????? thanks but no thanks

I might just have to get one of those little nitro 1/16 off road buggies. Tim ran his up at Amain....those things are cool.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

honey bucket for refreshment?????
Old 02-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Regular

It looks great, and I look forward to another place to race and pratice. What is the physical address of your track. Just wondering how far it is from Vancouver.

I hope to see you guys racing at Peel It this Saturday.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Champion

Dan its 111 Catherine drive, wodland
Like 16 minutes from I-5 & 205 split in vancouver

Easy ta find, 3 mile from woodland exit.
Will have a map soon on web page for ya

And Honey bucket is for the beverage needs post consuming
Old 02-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Mapaquest is on web page. Keep in mind the address on mapquest is wrong, Im not at end of Catherine like it shows, but if ya miss the track you shouldnt be driving anyways

Chris
Old 02-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stavman
Dan its 111 Catherine drive, wodland
Like 16 minutes from I-5 & 205 split in vancouver

Easy ta find, 3 mile from woodland exit.
Will have a map soon on web page for ya

And Honey bucket is for the beverage needs post consuming

That's a lot closer then 48 miles though Portland to Canby. Can't wait for the better weather. How much are you planning on charging for practice and racing?
Old 02-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

At this point Dan, no charge, just bashing and semi racing. We are continuing the upgrades as we speak. Have a line on an AMD track system and have Revo, MGT, RC10 parts on hand in the Hobby shop
As soon as all is up and running then we will talk about charging.

Keep an eye on the web page FORUM and updates for race/bash days will be posted.

May try Sunday if weather warms up a bit

Love ta have ya stop buy when ya can

Chris
Old 02-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To keep the scale appearance without going the oversize tire size that other 1/18th racer have done to try to run on 1/10 & 1/8th sized tracks..

Yes, a smaller track would be best.

Saaaayyyy.. with all these 1/18th ideas starting to happen up here.. Maybe there could be a multi-track point series specific to 1/18th?
Old 02-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

I like that idea, point series. Once I am full operational with lap counter, I'm all in

Great points oXYnary

Stav
Old 02-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Default C&C's Raceway Semi-Grand opening SALE & RACE!

Lets pray for sun. Weather says Partly cloudy, 50deg no rain
Lets shoot for Saturday. Have a lap program like RedFrog and we can try a real raceday.
Drop an e-mail and lets see who can make it.

I will have my Hobby Shop inventory by then. Revo, MGT, RC10GT, batteries, wheels, tires and Misc. Mugen and Kyosho to be ordered this week, drop me an e-mail if you have any specifics ya want me ta stock. 10% off of all items in stock, and I guarantee normal everyday prices will be cheaper than any LHS, to members only of course.

I will set up prizes for the winners based on the trucks they run, IE no RC10GT a-arms for a Revo driver
If we get more than 10 people to RACE, ill make it a Semi-Grand opening Race day. $10 Race fee, Free Hotdogs and pop by Chi's home cooking, Prizes totaling Way more than race fee's.

Confirm by e-mail, [email protected], and we will see who is avalable.

Lets make this what i know it will be as of today, ok well Saturday

Owner/racer Stav
Old 03-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Ya'll. For anyone that is interested in coming out to the track this weekend you are free to do so on saturday. Myself and a couple other key members have a couple tasks to complete in the morning such as moving the drivers stand, making it longer, and retrofitting it for a timing booth underneath. In addition, we will be building an elevated pit row. All this shouldn't take too long and then the rest of the day should be spent bashing and racing.

We are also pleased to announce the aquisition of a complete AMD 20 timing system and 20 transponders!! Kudos to Doug at Seattle Indoor Racing, he hooked us up with a great deal on a system. For those who haven't been up to his electric on-road place in Kent, it is definately a first class facility! Thanks again Doug.

I have about 5 different trial versions of timing software on my computer. If I can manage to get everything straight we will likely do some timing but I would not expect anything formal. I seriously thought I was going to put a bullet in my head dealing with the cryptic DOS based autoscore but things are better now than I DL'd some newer software. That damn program is less intuitive than AutoCAD, and that is really saying something.

Lastly, We have a good deal of parts on hand as well as other univrsalgoodies like tires, bodies, tools, etc. If you think your going to break something or pick up a good deal on some parts then bring cash, the credit/debit system is not set up at this time.

Driections and such are located on the website c-n-craceway.com

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.