Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Carpet On-Road in NYC-New Rochelle, NY >

Carpet On-Road in NYC-New Rochelle, NY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree59Likes

Carpet On-Road in NYC-New Rochelle, NY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Look Great !!!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What an awesome looking facility. Whatever classes Donnie decides to run we're all thankful Donnie is as committed to bringing a top notch RC facility to NY. Since he will not have a retail store on site (at least I don't think he will) to help offset the cost of the rent, I hope there will be some other means as which the RC community can financially support the track. Donnie, I'm sure there are some of us that would welcome the chance to help in this area. Perhaps a pay for reserved pit area or annual membership fee that would help. What ever can be done to help support the track should be considered.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sircrashalot
I just might do that angelo. I want to go and watch at least once though and see which class I might be interested in. You are really getting in balls deep (3 classes a day) now onroad. You are getting good too. Keep up the good work
LOL thanks Mark, I love this hobby. I hope to see you and everyone else soon.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Old 09-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
What an awesome looking facility. Whatever classes Donnie decides to run we're all thankful Donnie is as committed to bringing a top notch RC facility to NY. Since he will not have a retail store on site (at least I don't think he will) to help offset the cost of the rent, I hope there will be some other means as which the RC community can financially support the track. Donnie, I'm sure there are some of us that would welcome the chance to help in this area. Perhaps a pay for reserved pit area or annual membership fee that would help. What ever can be done to help support the track should be considered.
Hey Donny, what Carl is trying to say is he has soo much money, he doesn't know what to do with it and would like to give it to you.

Kidding aside, +1.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

I hope inaddition to 1/12, TC and F1 being considered, a TCS spec mini Cooper class is considered as well. TCS mini has gained in popularity because of the low cost, low maintenance and competitive nature of this NON-BOOSTED class.

guys want to go fast, man up and run mod, I will if it's offered. Boosted is great for those who want mod speed on the straights and mild motor contol in the corners. I'm sorry but back in the day we called that trigger control. For the record i now have both tekin and ko whatever is decided. However, for the first time in a long time ROAR got something right by enforcing non boosted racing. Someone looking to start in racing is overwhelmed by all the equipment (ie: laptops) just to be competitive. Other venues run by Scotty have right to run whatever they want, especially since they get large turnouts, but look at the dilution of class size because they offer so many classes and the economy sucks so people of looking to save. For local club racing, the emphasis should be to help promote the most competing class, that attracts the highest number of racers and a reasonable cost.

Jiml: not having run boosted versus non boosted, you wouldn't understand the frustrations that some (yes ME) experienced. ROAR allowed the manufacturers to bend the rules after brushed motors were eliminated. At ever big race, it was what speedo was the best. Tekin has now seemed to have mastered the boosted technology but to what expense. The expense was it turned people off, some went back to off road and some just saOid the hell with it. The is a really small indoor offroad track in NJ that the guys racing all x-onroad racers because they got sick of the technology. This track gets a huge turnout even mid week.

I will run whatever is promoted. All I'm saying is 1/12th scale is still the least expense class of racing, which is why it never dies. (excluding TCS classes). Let's not over engineer the class by making it in order to be competitive you need to put out more money than necessary. With a track this big, I'd like to see a true mod class return. Sorry to have hijacked this forum with an irrelevant topic.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sohlman
Hey Donny, what Carl is trying to say is he has soo much money, he doesn't know what to do with it and would like to give it to you.

Kidding aside, +1.
Nice!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sohlman

Kidding aside, +1.
Just reminding everyone that when 360 was opening everyone was complaining about a proposed race entry fee of $35. Afterwards Donnie reduced the rate as an accommodation to the racers. We as racers should step up and financially support this facility just like so many RC airplane clubs do to keep their facilities open and running. An extra $5 per class shouldn't get people upset. It's cheaper than an 80 mile drive on a weekly basis and Westchester real estate is expensive. (just ask Sohlman). Haha.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

what is this boosted and nonboosted crap about. did they put turbos in rc cars last time i was racing we didnt have any of that yet loll. what is it?
Old 09-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by carsrule692
what is this boosted and nonboosted crap about. did they put turbos in rc cars last time i was racing we didnt have any of that yet loll. what is it?
Boost turns your average 17.5 into a 10.5. Happy motoring Sean.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

guys any idea how far the place is from the GWB???
Old 09-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris08527
guys any idea how far the place is from the GWB???
Probably around 15 minutes.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
That's perfect
Old 09-16-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Matts in the house cant wait
Old 09-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jerry P
Even faster than that if you run boosted. Sorry just had to go there. If coming from north NJ you may find it quicker down the tz bridge. New Rochelle is a perfect location. Depending where in New Rochelle, its about 15 minutes from the Throggs Neck. This is going to be great!

Last edited by Carl Giordano; 09-16-2011 at 10:34 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.