Wiki Posts
Search

I hate Centax clutches!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Enough already! Go back to Serpent and get one of these :-

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=4258

All done for you and when you disassemble it forthe first time, take note how it was done, you can then re-assemble post maintenance easiser.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I love Centax centax III isn't that bad, I have no trouble using it before I sell 710.

there 2 centax that pissed me off are the R40 centax and Reflex centax, other then that, I love Centax
Old 04-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Enough already! Go back to Serpent and get one of these :-

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=4258

All done for you and when you disassemble it forthe first time, take note how it was done, you can then re-assemble post maintenance easiser.
Serpent is spoiling their customer with such good power pack. people will become dumb if everything is done for them
Old 04-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
...there 2 centax that pissed me off are the R40 centax and Reflex centax, other then that, I love Centax
please explain why?
Old 04-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
Serpent is spoiling their customer with such good power pack. people will become dumb if everything is done for them
Yes I agree with you in some way because they make their manuals very nice, their kits are top quality and their team drivers are so helpful.

But I think they've listened to their customers' feedback too. I'm sure they've heard some racers mumbling that Serpent cars are too complicated and with too many set-up options. I heard this a lot in the 1/8th world in the past with the Veteq car. I've heard the same with the 710. Serpent coming out with the pre-assembled Power Pack is one answer to these "murmuring".
Old 04-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrothugg
please explain why?
R40 centax require too much shim in various diameter, I build it for other people twise, never like it

the Centax on Reflex is old design, the spring that hold the clutch weight don't like to stay on it
Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Yes I agree with you in some way because they make their manuals very nice, their kits are top quality and their team drivers are so helpful.

But I think they've listened to their customers' feedback too. I'm sure they've heard some racers mumbling that Serpent cars are too complicated and with too many set-up options. I heard this a lot in the 1/8th world in the past with the Veteq car. I've heard the same with the 710. Serpent coming out with the pre-assembled Power Pack is one answer to these "murmuring".
I do like the complexity of 710, I learn a lot from that car. those various setup option does increase my knowledge of how car works. the car does do well with right setup, not like you never get the car work properly. I bet most people just have no patient to sit down and learn the physic, most people just want a miracle car that they need to do nothing to it and win the race.

what I believe is as long as you get a decent car, the car's performance is mostly depend on how much one care and know the car. those who turture and have no care for thir ride will be betrayed by their ride , especially in the most important time
Old 04-26-2006, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

My vector isnt hard to setup and have not many optional parts
The veteq car is similair to vector..

Serpent have a lot of spare parts.. and that is good.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Centax

Hiya, folks !

After all this time, I'm glad that my Centax articles are still regarded as helpful. I'm glad I wrote them. It's funny, but when I go to a race (esp. large ones) I inevitably end up building or setting up someone's clutch... and they are always happy with the results.

If anyone would like to contact me about this stuff, please feel free to drop me a line at: [email protected] and I'll be more than happy to help out.

If you're REALLY stuck and just want someone to install/fix/setup their Centax, let me know and I'm sure we could work something out.

Cheers!
Old 04-26-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Orfeous
My vector isnt hard to setup and have not many optional parts
The veteq car is similair to vector..

Serpent have a lot of spare parts.. and that is good.

Oh... I ran a Veteq for the last 2 years before moving on to a S960.
The Veteq is a GREAT car, albeit a bit more difficult to set up, work on, and assemble/disassemble (due to amt. of screws, etc.) But when set up properly, it would corner like it was on rails! It was a car ahead of its time, and a bit misunderstood.

Cheers!
Old 04-26-2006, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GlennCauley
Oh... I ran a Veteq for the last 2 years before moving on to a S960.
The Veteq is a GREAT car, albeit a bit more difficult to set up, work on, and assemble/disassemble (due to amt. of screws, etc.) But when set up properly, it would corner like it was on rails! It was a car ahead of its time, and a bit misunderstood.

Cheers!

I run my vector with the standard mega sx21 ev1 with centax 1
i really dont know how to disassemble and assembly :P i must learn!
the only hard thing with it is that how to shim it up... i have tried to measure as the guide told me.. but i think im doing on the wrong way. What parts must i take away? and what parts should i set back?
Old 04-26-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thats why I like the Mugen clutches. So easy to set up and much more consistant.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Still struggling guys, i set the shims up on the thrust bearing sleeve to 0.6mm and when I put the other two ball races in and tighten everything up it presses against the clutch.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

have you done it as the picture says on mytsn.com site?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

I built it as Glenn Cauley mentioned and it worked well last year despite the fact that I am sure I did not do it perfectly. I just rebuilt mine again this week and tested the motor and the end play loosened up quite a bit. What would cause this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.