Community
Wiki Posts
Search

brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default brake pads

Hey i have a rs4 3 evo, i was building the 2 speed and lost the brake pads, and my shop, " bbhobbies.com " is out of stock on the normal ones are there any other kind that well work for it please check the site etc. thanks

-[m0difi3d~!racer)
Old 01-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Modifiedrs4evo3
Hey i have a rs4 3 evo, i was building the 2 speed and lost the brake pads, and my shop, " bbhobbies.com " is out of stock on the normal ones are there any other kind that well work for it please check the site etc. thanks

-[m0difi3d~!racer)
are you useing the fiber disk?
then you dont need pads if not. the nitrotc3 pads i think will work
hope this help
Old 01-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

u always need pads ( i have fiber glass ) and with out them the brake disc wont squeeze to stop the drivertrain wich well cause no brakes.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

u always need pads ( i have fiber glass ) and with out them the brake disc wont squeeze to stop the drivertrain wich well cause no brakes.
well the rs4 did not come with pads that why i am saying that even when you put on the fiber disk .
can you adjust the screws that hold the plate for the brakes and close up some of the gap ?
Old 01-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

If you are talking about the pads that glue the to brake plates on either side of the fiber disk, then yes. You can get them for just about any other car and they will work fine. You might need to trim a bit though.

If you lost the steel plates, you might have a problem. You might check the parts cross refference guide the HPI has on their site and see if another car or truck uses the same part. You could also look at the Nitro MT and the Super nitro rally because they use the same drivetrain.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

-[m0difi3d~!racer)
did the guys from the hobbie shop help you ?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah i got the part now, its the 2 silver part that squeezes together stopping the brake disc from moving on the dogbone bup in the 2 speed differential.

p.s. they didnt realy help i just asked if they had the part lol im not that much of a noob...ive had the car for 2 months http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/35918201874.jpg&s=x12 thats modified i got it unused so yeah i spent lots of mony on it.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

yeah i got the part now, its the 2 silver part that squeezes together stopping the brake disc from moving on the dogbone bup in the 2 speed differential.

p.s. they didnt realy help i just asked if they had the part lol im not that much of a noob...ive had the car for 2 months http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/35918201874.jpg&s=x12 thats modified i got it unused so yeah i spent lots of mony on it.
thats cool i know how they can be thats why i ask