R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   2006 1/8th On-Road Nat's CHANGE (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/98683-2006-1-8th-road-nats-change.html)

CANTBEATGAS 01-21-2006 10:48 AM

2006 1/8th On-Road Nat's CHANGE

It has been posted that the 2006 1/8th On-Road Nat's will not include the 1/10th Outlaw class. The 1/10th Outlaw Class will be run with the Touring Car Nat's.
It's kind of late to do this change now isn't it? The 1/8th Nat's had already been given to the Cinci track AND it included the 1/10th Open class with it.
If you are going to move the class do it next year before awarding to a track.
The 1/10th Outlaw should remain with the 1/8th Nat's.

What do you think?

JFCJ 01-21-2006 01:11 PM

1/10 outlaw

Here's an explanation posted on the track's forum...

http://www.tsrcar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81

You both make excellent points.

tomkelley 01-21-2006 06:53 PM

I'm posting the quotation.

The discussion at the EXCOM meeting centered around the idea that the Touring car nats did not fill up in 2005 and the 1/8 Open nats filled up very quickly. Past history indicates that the 1/8 Open Nats is extremely popular. So popular that there is a limit on release of the entry form and a limit to the time entries can be received. This was done to give everyone a fair chance to get their entry together and get it in. Furthure, there is a limit to the number of classes you can enter, one, till the due date where the waiting list will be used to fill out the field of all classes. The waiting list consists of the drivers interested in entering that second class.
Your next question should be "How does that impact our race?" The new system for classes will prohibit drivers from entering two classes since both are 1/8 classes (Open and Masters). That means there will be greater chance for any 1/8 driver to get into the event (good). There will be more room for Masters drivers since there will not be any 1/10 classes (good). There will not be any need to run a lot of controlled practice since all the cars will be of the same specifications (good). None of the TSRCAR drivers run 1/10 open any more so there will still be a class for them to participate (good).
Well, there is reference to the word good four times in the previous paragraph. It must be the right thing to do. I anticipate a great event. :)
At first it made sense to have 1/8th open with the 1/10th open event, but after reading the above, suddenly it makes for alot of sense. 1/8th cars only at this event will certainly make practice go smoother... thank good.

ammdrew 01-25-2006 05:44 AM

I do not see how sedan nats has room for the open class.

JLock 01-25-2006 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by tomkelley
I'm posting the quotation.

At first it made sense to have 1/8th open with the 1/10th open event, but after reading the above, suddenly it makes for alot of sense. 1/8th cars only at this event will certainly make practice go smoother... thank good.

Spoken like a true 1/8th scale onroad racer. Why not do like they did in Texas and just kill of the 1/10th scale open class altogether. That way, you don't have to worry about them since most nitro big race organizers feel that this class is a pain anyway.

tomkelley 01-25-2006 07:55 PM

Please don't shoot the messenger! :eek: Just because I'm the president of a club (pretty much a thankless volunteer job) and I race 1/8th now (i spent plenty of time in both 1/10th classes) doesn't mean I'm biased agains 1/10th racing. As a matter of fact I lobbied alot to get 1/10th open class in the Midwest series as the ROAR rules open class. I do not view any class as a pain. The facts presented themselves that 1/8th class is incredibly popular so much so that its the only event with a restricted time frame for entry turn in, etc.

As for as Mr Mowery's statement I'm sure he can attest to it since I wasn't there. I do recall that the nationals in 2004 was completly filled up, but it was sedan masters and sedan without an open class. I believe it didn't completely fill up till the end I'm not on the excom but there's pros and cons to every decision so not everyone is going to be satisfied. I guess we'll just have to give it a try this year and see how it goes and learn from our experiences right? ;)