I'm in New Zealand so looking for good postage rates if possible

Ta

Jeremy
Hmmm....
Bukupower.com
Old 10-17-2017, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Saw this car run at the Region 9 Championships this past weekend in Rendon, Texas (just south of Fort Worth). The car was dialed!! It was driven by a kid named Ethan. At one point, he had some issue that took him off the track and put him four (4) laps down to the leader. Not only did he make up the four laps, he proceeded to put three (3) laps up on the racer that was the leader. You would have thought the car was on a set of railroad tracks. Had tons of "giddy-up" speed in the sweeper, great cornering, and transitioned well in the track's carousel and switchback sections. Definitely a player in the GT game!!
wkloppen likes this.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
Saw this car run at the Region 9 Championships this past weekend in Rendon, Texas (just south of Fort Worth). The car was dialed!! It was driven by a kid named Ethan. At one point, he had some issue that took him off the track and put him four (4) laps down to the leader. Not only did he make up the four laps, he proceeded to put three (3) laps up on the racer that was the leader. You would have thought the car was on a set of railroad tracks. Had tons of "giddy-up" speed in the sweeper, great cornering, and transitioned well in the track's carousel and switchback sections. Definitely a player in the GT game!!
Yeeeooow... that's cranking it. I've seen Paolo and Joaqin jr do the same with the S car but like hearing someone getting the XRay to work.

I've seen the XRay at work but the drivers were still 'tweaking' the 'caster' science. Did you per chance get any 'spy photos' or ask what 'special little things' Ethan has done to get that performance out of it ?? It's a beautiful machine.

Do you remember what the rest of the GT8 field was running ??

You running a GT8 again ?? 😎
Old 10-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Yeeeooow... that's cranking it. I've seen Paolo and Joaqin jr do the same with the S car but like hearing someone getting the XRay to work.

I've seen the XRay at work but the drivers were still 'tweaking' the 'caster' science. Did you per chance get any 'spy photos' or ask what 'special little things' Ethan has done to get that performance out of it ?? It's a beautiful machine.

Do you remember what the rest of the GT8 field was running ??

You running a GT8 again ?? 😎
No, did not get a chance to get any "spy shots" of Ethan's car. He was very "secretive" with it anyway. I heard that it was a car that Drew Ellis built and set up, then shipped it to him to race the Region 9 Championship race.

The rest of the field was either IGT8s or Serpent Cobras. Not too many down in Texas are running the class anymore.

I dabbled with my old Kyosho IGT 1 at the last series race before the Region 9 Championships. Trying to do a 3port, non-modified spec engine class for those that don't want to drop a grand into running a GT car (remember the days of doing this for under $700?). I am still primarily running 5th scale onroad now with a spec class with the FG Sportsline but will be expanding into doing an open class (different style of car) and hopefully 5th scale F1.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

So what's the general opinion on the GTX8 body compared to Blitz, Sweep and Corvette?
Old 10-28-2017, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
So what's the general opinion on the GTX8 body compared to Blitz, Sweep and Corvette?
It's very very ugly as it's literally a nobody.

w.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Xray GTX8 car just won the Gran Prix in Houston this past weekend.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

I believe this car came 3rd and 5th in the recent US Nitro Cup at Kissimmee, Full Throttle Raceway last weekend.

Regards
BM
Old 12-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
I believe this car came 3rd and 5th in the recent US Nitro Cup at Kissimmee, Full Throttle Raceway last weekend.

Regards
BM
That's correct piloted by our Annoucer Tim Caporal he just built it 2 days before the event
Mostly stock setup with minor stock gearing change & he used the X-ray body
Maxima fuel powered by Nova Mito Gt5 Tesla pipe from RcTarget
Ko servos
Tim had 2nd with a minute to go before he clipped the entrance of the straight & lost position (choke) lol
Old 12-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

So. For those in the know , or at least have been with XRay for some time.
What news on the GTX8 2018?

Any new's been leaked 😉🤔

Regards
BM
Old 12-13-2017, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

So. For those in the know , or at least have been with XRay for some time.
What news on the GTX8 2018?

Any new's been leaked 😉🤔

Regards
BM
Yes. It will be all new and optimised!
Old 12-13-2017, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Good. I will look forward to seeing it for sure.
I would imagine many manufacturers are awaiting ROAR decision on the amaount of "kick-up" that will be announced.

One things for sure, I do like the potential of the GTX8 suspension design.

Regards
BM
Old 12-13-2017, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Good. I will look forward to seeing it for sure.
I would imagine many manufacturers are awaiting ROAR decision on the amaount of "kick-up" that will be announced.

One things for sure, I do like the potential of the GTX8 suspension design.

Regards
BM
As long as kickup is only an angle in the chassis, it will do nothing for suspension design. Only if kickup is measured in an angle of the lower wishbone pivot pin, will it make any difference. But that will be horrible to measure in tech.

So any kickup rule is bs in my book. All current correctly designed cars have wishbones parallel to the ground. Resulting caster is a result of the. C hub or upper a arm position. My guess is that xray will ‘optimise’ their upper arm and mounting position to get caster around 6 degrees.
wkloppen likes this.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Julius
As long as kickup is only an angle in the chassis, it will do nothing for suspension design. Only if kickup is measured in an angle of the lower wishbone pivot pin, will it make any difference. But that will be horrible to measure in tech.

So any kickup rule is bs in my book. All current correctly designed cars have wishbones parallel to the ground. Resulting caster is a result of the. C hub or upper a arm position. My guess is that xray will ‘optimise’ their upper arm and mounting position to get caster around 6 degrees.
I do agree with you but bs or not. ROAR did announce that a min' kick up angle was being considered for the future. While this has no effect on caster for pillow ball suspension designed car's as far as static caster setting's, it "can" have an effect on the dynamic caster depending on other susp' details.
"C Hub" design's can offset static caster angle's to a more desirable setting. The effect dynamically as well as on "anti-dive" can still be present because of the kick up.
The lower pivot can be used to alter anti-dive setting's and if this is not incorporated into the pivot pin mount's, to enable a level pin, the kick up will continue to have an effect on anti-dive as well as possible dynamic and static caster.
I hope XRay incorporate front lower pivot pin mount's that offer offsetting the lower suspension pivot pin angle, so differing amount's of anti-squat can still be tuned into the car as well as caster effect due to kick up can be tuned also.

Regards
BM

Last edited by British Menace; 12-18-2017 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

I do agree with you but bs or not. ROAR did announce that a min' kick up angle was being considered for the future. While this has no effect on caster for pillow ball suspension designed car's as far as static caster setting's, it "can" have an effect on the dynamic caster depending on other susp' details.
"C Hub" design's can offset static caster angle's to a more desirable setting. The effect dynamically as well as on "anti-dive" can still be present because of the kick up.
The lower pivot can be used to alter anti-dive setting's and if this is not incorporated into the pivot pin mount's, to enable a level pin, the kick up will continue to have an effect on anti-dive as well as possible dynamic and static caster.
I hope XRay incorporate front lower pivot pin mount's that offer offsetting the lower suspension pivot pin angle, so differing amount's of anti-squat can still be tuned into the car as well as caster effect due to kick up can be tuned also.

Regards
BM
I had been under the impression that the xray car had its lower wishbone parallel to the ground. But looking at the build manual it seems xray forgot to ‘optimise’ this. Kickup in itself has nothing to do with anti dive etc. It is all dependant on the pivot points. And they are easily changed, however it seems the pillow ball suspension on the xray is counterproductive here as it would require a modified top arm pivot setup as well.

Also the kickup on the buggy chassis is the wrong way to go for on road cars. As the std angle of buggy front suspension will increase dive under braking and increase lift of the front under acceleration. If you wish to use anti dive for gt the lower arm should be lower in front!

I tested with the serpent rtr gt recently. As it has angled lower front arms as standard, it is similar to the xray in suspension setup. One of the tested options was the cobra 3.0 front pivot points which put the lower arm parallel to the ground. Although laptimes were only slightly better, the car felt so much more lije a real racecar. Much less reactive to on/off power transitions. A much more noticable change that just reducing caster.

The kickup rule of ifmar is a last ditch attempt to keep the cars close to buggys. But I think that station is passed already. The essence of gt is not in kickup but in the shaft drive, rubber tires and bodyshell type. As long as the tire situation is not allowed to get out of hand, read hand out or restricted tires for races, the class will be ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.