Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Serpent 705 centax question. >

Serpent 705 centax question.

Serpent 705 centax question.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Rookie Solara]Cool.....all good here.

960/950R/835/710/705 alre all look the same, and yes, some are sharing some same parts, but the KEY is the BULKHEAD, that makes the 705 is impossible to use 710 0.8 gears even though it change the 705 gears to 710 0.8 gears.....if I do what you said, change the 710 gears on the 705 gears box, mount my engine with centax 3 clutch with 705 engine block (710 engine blocks opening are not the same as 705's block and chassis openings) the only thing I will see is...my pinion will never reach the spur...by a HUGH margin. And instead of cutting the engien mount by 1mm, actually, you have to RAISE the engine up high enough (more then 2 or 3mm at least) in order to reach the spur.....THEN, good luck finding a SUPER big flywheel that will fit the chassis and still be able to work with the C3. Or...mill a new chassis with the special 4 engine mounting holes location and PUSH the engine position closer to the 2-speed (instead of raising the engine).......but then you will hit the spacing problem then the pulleys and belts problem.......

A used 710 with C3 (nice condition) are aroudn $200-250, isn't that easier..?

And about the shaft...yes, using 705 one is a must, and I am sure mounting the 0.8 gears on the 705 gearbox is just a direct replacment, but again, the centax will not reach the spur because the 705 bulkhead is a lot taller then 710's.

And about IMPACT M2 vs 835....bulkhead location is exactly the same EXCEPT 835 has the side chassis stiffener for the both carbon fiber...the 2-speed gear box shaft location are exactly the same, CENTAX 1 and 2 are the same animal except C2 is a little more updated with the bigger bearing and better SHIM adjustment then the C1....and LW gear boxs is exactly the same footprint as the originial one except some upgraded/updated parts and gears...thats why C1/C2 or the LW/2-speed can be used on almost ANY serpent right now....EXCEPT 710........

You have some good thought about using some VETEQ V1 parts....however, there is NO WAY I will invested that much time and effort on something that is very good already, C2 and the LW gear box is still the best fit for 705...if he want C3....he should get S710, another long lasting and winning RC car...

Hope to see some hard fight between the MTX4 and RRR at the upcoming WinterNational....

Thanks for sharing....[/QUOTE
well i see you change your post but we got past the point that he was asking . he ask if you can put the centax 3 on the 705 because he can get it cheaper than the centax 2 .and are they interchangeable.with the 705.
so the short asnwer should have been no and you should get the one for the car even if it cost more . it will be less of an headach than putting the centax 3 on the car .
Old 01-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sstupid
Didn't mean to start drama.

I guess I'll be sticking with the centax-2, expensive sumbitch that it is.

Thanks for the help though, guys.
it cool no harm done just some hard heads getting past the pointof what was asked