R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Bodies made by Blitz ( anyone have a review ?) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/98538-bodies-made-blitz-anyone-have-review.html)

charlesd 01-20-2006 05:18 AM

Bodies made by Blitz ( anyone have a review ?)

One of my local shops just got these bodies in. They are .8 lexan !!! That's almost 3 times the thickness of other brands. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried one of these bodies.

Thanks for the input.

suntok2 01-20-2006 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by charlesd
One of my local shops just got these bodies in. They are .8 lexan !!! That's almost 3 times the thickness of other brands. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried one of these bodies.

Thanks for the input.

Yes I tried mazda6 n 3 and they are the same like protoform body:)

FRP 01-20-2006 07:40 AM

try www.team-titan-ca.com the race report link. there have lots of reviews on the bodies.

maskedrider 01-20-2006 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by suntok2
Yes I tried mazda6 n 3 and they are the same like protoform body:)

But the mazda6 body is slightly longer then the protoform madza6 by around half inch... wondering will it effect anythings?

suntok2 01-21-2006 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by maskedrider
But the mazda6 body is slightly longer then the protoform madza6 by around half inch... wondering will it effect anythings?

Yes it fit.

maskedrider 01-21-2006 01:02 AM

hows the performance?? handling as good as phptoform ??

going4#1 01-21-2006 01:47 AM

I have not used Blitz yet but I have used Kawahara which also uses thicker lexan. The main advantage I have found is body life is longer. Thicker bodies are heavier but not significantly so. Your car will turn in similar lap times. I also did not rip any Kawahara bodies in accidents. It has happened, once, with a 300m PF body. Basically, the left side was torn right off.

On the flip side, if you are skillful, bodies last a little longer anyway. PF is also cheaper than most brands and has a good collection of stickers. The biggest weakness of all bodies is their rear wing. If it gets deformed or busted, the body's aerodynamics are nuked. Thicker lexan hasn't been a big factor in preventing premature wing damage.

All in all, the best way to determine 'best body' is to try it.

Rob

VenomWorldOrder 01-21-2006 02:31 AM

just ran a race with the blitz 3. i used a pritty beat up protoform body to measure it against, but it turned itthe same, if not better than the proto 6

the blitz 3 is very strong, and handles very well. i'd recommend it. my body weighed 155grams with paint, and wing mounted with 3 screws and large conical washers.

suntok2 01-21-2006 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by maskedrider
hows the performance?? handling as good as phptoform ??

Well all body are the same and will depend on your set up.

Artificial-I 01-21-2006 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by suntok2
Well all body are the same and will depend on your set up.

All bodies are not the same.

Artificial-I 01-21-2006 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
just ran a race with the blitz 3. i used a pritty beat up protoform body to measure it against, but it turned itthe same, if not better than the proto 6

the blitz 3 is very strong, and handles very well. i'd recommend it. my body weighed 155grams with paint, and wing mounted with 3 screws and large conical washers.

Wow , 155grams is pretty heavy. Most my bodies are 100-110 grams.

FRP 01-21-2006 09:58 AM

i find although the body is heavier, it last alot longer than the proto bodies. and also nowaday the touring chassis is so light, sometimes u need to add more weight to the chassis.

asw7576 01-21-2006 11:37 AM

I have blitz and protoform bodies. AFAIK, protoform bodies are thicker lexan than blitz :confused:

trf_racer 01-21-2006 12:04 PM

I have the Mazda 3. It's not as flexible as Protoform but it handles great. The only problem is that it crack easily when there is no bumper (crack easily on the rear because there's no bumper on the chassis in the rear.)

Racing4Evo 01-21-2006 01:11 PM

I've tried the Mazda 6 and the Stratus from Blitz while I was in Taiwan. I like the Mazda 6 the best. Its handling is in between the Protoform Mazda 6 and the Protoform Stratus 3.1