Wiki Posts
Search

2 Speed Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 12:03 AM
vz
Tech Rookie

Default 2 Speed Problems

I have had a Nitro car for over a year and i put in a 2speed a few months ago. Im having a problems with it changing into second gear. I was wondering if anyone knows of common problems or may have some advice. The car seems to just rev out without changing.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

What car is it.?
Old 01-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

there is some adjustments on it somewhere, so you can change the shift point and things like that. read the book and find out where those are and how to change them all that good stuff. mess with it a while you should get it. thats sounds like the problem anyway, could still be something else
Old 01-20-2006, 05:17 PM
vz
Tech Rookie

I think its a GV and i know its a 1/10th scale if that sounds right. I have been having a fiddle with the centrifical clutch ( if that is what they call it) and i can get the little teeth to spring out. I was wondering if i should just get a new centrifical clutch? Do they commonly bugger up? or would it be some other problem. I just cant see much else that could go wrong with it. But i am reletavely new to this hobby.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It has to have some way to grab onto the shaft and also be able to expand to grab onto the outside bell at the same time when the rpm's build up on the shaft.