Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
BUY TEAM MAGIC FROM SINGAPORE is cheapest :-) >

BUY TEAM MAGIC FROM SINGAPORE is cheapest :-)

BUY TEAM MAGIC FROM SINGAPORE is cheapest :-)

Old 01-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Yes, good thing is you must support your local LHS and therefore support your country distributor. But factory also must understand the situation on each country, for example it's easy to sell 100 kits a year in US, Japan or Europe but not in other small country with small RC players.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:59 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daniz24
Yes, good thing is you must support your local LHS and therefore support your country distributor. But factory also must understand the situation on each country, for example it's easy to sell 100 kits a year in US, Japan or Europe but not in other small country with small RC players.
Well said Daniz and all of you who share the same thoughts.

That is exactly what I was commenting to Nick at TM about our situation. We are TM's distributor for a still small market here in South America (Peru, Chile & Ecuador), and if we don't get the support from the factory and other distributors from other countries, which should redirect any attempts from buyers from this countries that try to buy from them, we will eventually be out of business in a short term.

SUPPORT YOUR REGIONAL & OR COUNTRY DISTRIBUTOR AND HOBBY SHOPS

Regards
AFM
Old 01-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have noticed some odd things with the term support your LHS.

First , if the distributor wants to support the LHS. Why are the two biggest distributors in the US selling directly to the public with the largest most comprehensive catalogs you can find?

Also how are these out of country sites selling for so much cheaper? Who are they buying from?

Also why is it that most LHS's also sell online. Arent they supposed to be all for LHS's. Well it seems a lot of them are an LHS and Online shop , they get the advantages of both. Which means they are taking customers from abroad as well , which means that they are taking other lhs's possible customers.

Kinda strikes me as odd.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I cant comment on the distributors you refer to as their not us. They do what they do.

But I can tell you that single distribution with MAP pricing is what levels the field for store fronts vs online. If the distributer is sole they have the power to control what pricing is advertised online which is usually higher than what a customer can buy it for in the shop. That is if the distributor has it together.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

there is one problem with LHS is that they need to pay rent, that aded to the price of items. and now people look for deals online. they often go to LHS to ask for what parts is needed and go online for cheaper parts. that screw up LHS. also if a place have limited number or customer, like tha place I live, along with those "ask-parts and buy online" atitude, LHS dies. this is the pressure from online store/ebay and customer atitude.

on the other hand, as other mentioned, some distributor selling items on line at the price that LHS can never beat. or giving the price to dealer so close to the price of selling, leaving the LHS either have to sell in high price which people don't buy or selling in low that can't even pay rent.

for reason above, LHS are screwed. why bother having a shop when one can't even live on it ? so it is both customer and distributor's attitude determine the RC bussiness and survial of LHS.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Last edited by edwintam; 10-08-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

I'll tell you the biggest problem with hobby shops at least in my area. The people that work there are idiots. We have one hobby shop and its the second biggest hobbytown in the USA and if you walk in there and ask them if they have a trust bearing the look at you like your from mars. But thats besides the point Hobby shops have to make money obviously so they maybe a little more expensive but so what. You people will buy from japan and pay hundreds of dollars in shipping and not from the lhs that has the parts in stock. I personally buy my fuel and minor accessories at my lhs thats it because they don't carry anything I run. Everything else i get used to get where ever they had it in stock because I don't like to wait. Different cars have different circumstances but the G4 has so many places in the USA to get parts and to me they are dirt cheap I don't understand why you would buy from japan. Sad
Old 01-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by edwintam
Dear All,

Yes i agree as you can see this SINGAPORE HOBBY supplier stocks full range of hopups and car kits for full range of Team Magic products !!
We are waiting for delivery of some new G4S kits from them too.

And with internet and ebay these days makes local distributors become international distributors :-)

I noticed they sell on ebay regularly most of . . or full range of products, me and my pals bought TM kits and parts from them regularly.
They can even talk price on volume.

Probably we will continue to buy off them on ebay.

whatever vendors or dealers say or agree or whatever sponsor drivers whatever - we are buyers, we pay, we are king so don't forget.
SAD how much did you pay for those kits? You can buy it for 299 on rdlogics website and I dunno what Team phoenix sells it for but how much cheaper can you possibly get it. When I had bought my RRR wc kast year I paid 465 for it and I bought two kits. You are saying that 299 is too expensive your crazy
Old 01-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Edwin why do you come in here and pretend like you are not the Ebay dealer. You are we know this. I know you are and the singapore distributor has been called on the carpet about this and so have you and TM said for you to stop.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

My bad dennis I was just using the price as a reference I'm sure you are in that ball park no?
Old 01-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Its all good dan I'm just irked this guy acts like he's mot the ebay seller. Now I know how Mugen USA feels
Old 01-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Thats sad if he is the dealer and hes trying to advertise on here.

I hope most people aren't cheap and buy from there. Its like picking another country over there own when the should be proud and support it and keep the money here

Its also sad because Team magic stuff is not super expensive.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan D
I'll tell you the biggest problem with hobby shops at least in my area. The people that work there are idiots. We have one hobby shop and its the second biggest hobbytown in the USA and if you walk in there and ask them if they have a trust bearing the look at you like your from mars. But thats besides the point Hobby shops have to make money obviously so they maybe a little more expensive but so what. You people will buy from japan and pay hundreds of dollars in shipping and not from the lhs that has the parts in stock. I personally buy my fuel and minor accessories at my lhs thats it because they don't carry anything I run. Everything else i get used to get where ever they had it in stock because I don't like to wait. Different cars have different circumstances but the G4 has so many places in the USA to get parts and to me they are dirt cheap I don't understand why you would buy from japan. Sad
maybe your local hobby shop should hire me over those idiot
I Know RC better then those guy even though I look like I am from Mars
Old 01-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

dan see middle of page to bottom. Car breaker called him on the carpet because he accidentially incriminated himself then he edited the post.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...4&page=1&pp=30
Old 01-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

I see everything very clearly now dennis this guy is a disgrace very sad

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.