Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Reflex

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 12:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Trinity Reflex

Mugen is getting hard to get in Sweden, the Reflex looks interesting... anyone got some expereince of it?

TNX/ Robert
Old 11-16-2002, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

For the most part, the Trinity is very similar to the Kyosho VoneR. The difference is just some suspension details, the two speed and the hopups (for the most part). Since it is so similar to the VoneR, it is obviously a great car, but it has been confirmed to be great on the track; it runs well out of the box. The only reason more people go to the Kyosho instead of the Trinity is parts support and personal taste (for some, that would be a personal grudge against trinity). A team kit will be coming soon, w/ even more special stuff.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Just to set the record straight. Trinity ripped off the V one R. It is not Trinity's design and that is why most people buy the V1R over the Reflex. You obviously missed that small detail Im2lazy. I think you need more sleep.
Old 11-16-2002, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

I hate it when someone says that some manufacturer ripped another manufacturer off. In this world of racing, everyone's design is getting closer and closer. I acknowledge(d), that the fact is that many parts are interchangeable, but there are differences.
Instead of 'very similar', you would have preffered I say that they were 'exactly the same'? They are not, but they are as close to each other as we are to monkeys. The thing is, the 5%(not perfect but deal w/ me) difference in the DNA between us and our 'relatives' creates a great difference in what we are and percieve ourselves to be. Looking at DNA, we are pretty much like our 'relatives'; solely looking at the parts, the VoneR and the Trinity Reflex NT are very similar, but they are different.

The reflex is a choice. Just as the sedan VoneRR is compared to the lola VoneRR. There are many choices and the details are what some of us are most interested in, when choosing a vehicle.
Old 11-16-2002, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

no no no,,, I was just trying to point out that the design was clearly a direct copy. Nobody desputes that. They took hop up parts for the V one R and built almost an identical car. I'm not the most seasoned RC veteran but not only is this common knowledge its something I've looked into myself. When buying a car I think people want to know that. It's not a small detail. Furthermore, there is a difference between cars "evolvlving" from other designs; i.e. Serpent ---> V1R, MTX2, GT4, etc. Kinda like the Ford Model T lead to the revolution and thus evolution of the automobile itself and other American automobiles in particular. There is a big difference between that and if I took hop up parts, say for a Honda Accord, and made a car that was almost exactly like it. That's what the Reflex is to the V1R.
Old 11-16-2002, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

I know what you mean, but I think it is unfair for people to tell others to shun a car b/c it is seems to be a blatant copy. Let people choose what they want, but lets not get our own moral ethics into someone else's purchase. You may not have meant it this way, but you may have, and that is how I percieved it. Share your knowledge, but don't impose it on them.

I got this from the general feeling of the post, you may have meant nothing of the kind, or maybe not. I just think that type of bashing on the Reflex or any other car is not necessary.
Old 11-16-2002, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Well regardless of how you perceived my post, that's beside the point. I'm sure the car is a good performer and in no way am I imposing anything on anyone. He has the right to buy whatever car he wants. I never said he didnt.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Robert, your choice should be dependent on personal bias and parts availability for the most part.

one reason I like the Trinity is the adjustability of the two speed. You can actually adjust how hard the two speed shifts.
Old 11-16-2002, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys!

I have hard that the cars was similar and the R-car is not a so bad cousin :-)

I have a big stock of Kawahara hoops for the MTX-2 so I might try to find a old pack on some shops shelf and put together a fulloptions kit of that.

According to some drivers the NT3 still scoops out the most option packed "belt cars". Is it still so?

/Robert
Old 11-16-2002, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey i've ran the car one season the carhandles great other than breaking a couple of belts and arms hitting boards and dots your
not supposed to. i've made my share a main wins i've had more trouble tuneing my motors than this car
Old 11-16-2002, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default Reflex vs everything else

We have 2 Reflexes in our stable and love them both. This car is so easy to drive fast and it responds well to any set-up changes made.
Buy the V1R belts as replacements, they're stronger.

I don't believe Kyosho ever had the design patented so it wouldn't be considered a "Rip-off".
The GS Vision is also very similar to both.

Both are good cars. The Reflex is a little more consistant in handling because of the extra stiffness in the overall chassis assembly.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

anyone had any trouble with the pullies breaking on the reflex. I also like the car but the belts are junk. Who cares if it is a v1r knock off personally I think the gt4 serpent mugen etc all look every similiar. Why go to a whole new design when what you have now works
Old 11-16-2002, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

I just dont like it when a company falsley advertises a car as their own design. I as a consumer feel misinformed and swindled. I dont think its right. As far as the car being good or bad I dont know. All I know, Is I do my best to avoid giving Trinity my money. They make alot of crappy stuff. The one good thing they do is import good engines. Their obviously trying to monopolize that as well though.

I find it curious that the Trinity team drivers drive the Kyosho Fantom in 1/8th and that the V1R is not aggressivley marketed in the US, and then you have Trinity copying the V1R.... Hmm I wonder??

Last edited by calimassive; 11-16-2002 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

This is a very old and tired debate. The Reflex is nothing more than a V-ONE R with KFACTORY hopups. 90% of the Reflex parts are interchangeable with the V-ONE R and although the molds may be slightly different, the suspension is pretty much the same.
Joel Johnson himself has stated that Trinity wanted to start off with a solid platform (V-ONE R), and build off of it to make it the most race ready out of the box.

The major differences between the suspension geometry would be found in the rear of the car. The reflex has slightly more rear anti-squat, an adjustable wheelbase, and a Serpent style two speed. The KFactory 4MM chassis with a lowered battery mounting and a lowered gas tank is also very nice, although it is rather heavy. I used to hate having to take off the top plate just to change the battery on the V-ONE R.

Having owned both cars, I've replaced most of the plastic molds with V-ONE R parts. The fit/finish, and most of all durability of Kyosho parts is second to none, and I have yet to break any single Kyosho part.

I purchased one of the first Reflex kits to come out and there were a number of problems and durability issues with the Plastic molds. Binding suspension, gritty differentials, incorrect shock lengths with standard ball cups etc. It was just easier for me to use spare V-ONE R parts as replacements, and to top it off most Kyosho replacement parts were cheaper for me than the equaivalent Reflex parts.

The endpoints of the plastic molds may be identical to the V-ONE R, but the mounting positions are just different enough, that if you convert one part like the front bulk head, you will have to convert all the associated parts (A-Arms, bumper, etc.) to get it to fit correctly. Trinity made just enough changes to ensure that you have to buy their parts for replacements.

Other than that, the differentials, pulleys(excluding the break pulley), etc are a direct replacement. I'm sure Trinity has addressed most of the initial problems with the molds since it's release, and it is a very competitive and easy to drive car.

The bottom line is go with what you have support with in your area. Both cars have a solid design with the majority of the weight (gas tank, battery, steering servo), along the center line of the chassis.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Exactly

Thank You DCR1two,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.