G4

Old 01-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hav Lova the old belts low friction belts were orange they have been replaced by a new black shiny belt.

Burnzy go through the 2 speed shoe setup again using the instructions in the manual. Honestly I think your shoe is not the problem the setup of it is. I say this because they just almost never ever go bad.

you can then run the car on the starter box. while reving it up feel for the 2 speed to shift. If it does not back off the two speed adjusting screws 1/4 turn at a time (do both sides evenly until it shifts)(These are the long bolts that push on the springs) If you back them off more than 2 turns total it could be they are to loose. (it may be in second gear all the time) Try tightening them 1/4 turn at a time Do both sides even till it shifts. If it will shift when you rev it up on the box then it will shift when you drive it. Then to raise the shift point tighten the screws and to lower it loosen them
Old 01-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, anyone know what the white belts are? theyre a bit wider apparently i want to know whether theyre any stronger
Old 01-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hav_lova
Ok, anyone know what the white belts are? theyre a bit wider apparently i want to know whether theyre any stronger
the low friction belt I know is yellow color, that is the first generation low-friction belt of G4. it is super smooth and low-friction but people said it don't last long as stock or new low-friction belt.
if the belt you saw is white please show us the link of it
Old 01-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
the low friction belt I know is yellow color, that is the first generation low-friction belt of G4. it is super smooth and low-friction but people said it don't last long as stock or new low-friction belt.
if the belt you saw is white please show us the link of it

My mistake i'm going off pictures i saw 7 months ago. theyre actually tan coloured?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Tech Rookie

motor man i was wondering wat engine you have and how many milimeters should the second clutch shoe be away from the inside of the gear
Old 01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

i changed the front diff for a one way, but when the car turns it ejects the stock dogbones, besides buying universals anyone knows what can i do? will kyosho v-one's dogbones fit? the stock dogbones are 52mm long, looks like they need to be about 5mm longer to avoid this, any help will be apreciated.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no need to post twice question answered in mongoose thread.