Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GRP USA Distributor >

GRP USA Distributor

GRP USA Distributor

Old 01-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Wow... I love all this speculation! Here is my $.02:

1) Kyosho USA will not be the GRP Dist. in the USA. My guess is Mugen considering the motor collaboration between the two companies. My other choice would be Horizon.

2) I'll be running 1/8th in Florida and Kyosho will also be bringing Shimo in from Japan.

3) Mark has assembled an Evolva for me for Florida (which I will try not to dissassemble in the front chicane), but told me to "win something" before he would be seen at the track with me!

4) Kyosho America will be importing Kyosho "Red Box" tires for all our cars. We should have these in stock in a couple of weeks and we will have a press release out by the end of the week with more info. These tires were used by the Kyosho team at the 2005 1/8th Nats (Rears) and were used in Brazil to win the Worlds there with the RRR.

...Joel
Old 01-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joel Johnson

1) Kyosho USA will not be the GRP Dist. in the USA. My guess is Mugen considering the motor collaboration between the two companies. My other choice would be Horizon.

2) I'll be running 1/8th in Florida and Kyosho will also be bringing Shimo in from Japan.

3) Mark has assembled an Evolva for me for Florida (which I will try not to dissassemble in the front chicane), but told me to "win something" before he would be seen at the track with me!

4) Kyosho America will be importing Kyosho "Red Box" tires for all our cars. We should have these in stock in a couple of weeks and we will have a press release out by the end of the week with more info. These tires were used by the Kyosho team at the 2005 1/8th Nats (Rears) and were used in Brazil to win the Worlds there with the RRR.

...Joel
Ya thats what I said!
Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

This whole debate is very intriguing. All I know is my phone is ringing off the hook! We look forward to all the new relationships we have cultivated as a result of this move.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

...Joel
i was running them kyohso "red box" tyres... they are power tyres made by grp, right?
Old 01-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

joel good to see you back in the drivers seat.the evolva should be on fire in you hands too and with blackketter building and setting up your car. i will just sit back and watch. i said mugen too but lets see what happins
Old 01-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

so guys

has anyone ever thought that maybe the italians are going to form " GRP USA"

Hmmmmmmmmmm

i wonder, italians have been known to make these sort of decisions without notice

just my 2 lira
Old 01-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dremelboy
so guys

has anyone ever thought that maybe the italians are going to form " GRP USA"

Hmmmmmmmmmm

i wonder, italians have been known to make these sort of decisions without notice

just my 2 lira
A lot of talk........ but still nobody knows.... or want to let know...

Mark.... so see you in Ft. Myers or not?
Joel.. good to hear the good news.......
Kevin.........not lira enymore... EUROS

Paolo
Old 01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

hello everyone

i guess we forgot to send out the press releases announcing that we at ace hobbies are the new grp tire importers here in the usa
Old 01-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

oh wait

maybe thats why we havnt gotten our tires yet paulo, we paid in lira and not euros
Old 01-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Mark...told me to "win something" before he would be seen at the track with me!
ROFLMAO!! Classic Mark.

Joel, I'll take your rusty driving skills over mine any day of the week Depending upon who wrenches/fuels ya in FL I'd put a c-note down that you could pull it off!!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default So who got it?

Did you guys ever figure out who got the GRP deal?

Mark
Old 01-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MBlackketter
Did you guys ever figure out who got the GRP deal?
Walmart? <LOL>
Old 01-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my moneys on MUGEN
Old 01-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Motorman YGPM
Old 01-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

well the uk distributor has been set, and not making it official till beginning of february, so i;m guessing usa distributor will be announced around the same time, but i have no clue who it is, though mugen are bringin in the grp motor they are not goin to be the uk supplier of grp tyres, also heard there will be a slight price increase

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.