R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   HB RGT8 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/962729-hb-rgt8.html)

bigjez 09-22-2016 06:34 PM

HB RGT8

Looks like its ready
https://hbracing.com/en/hb-racing-rgt8/

invrtd 10-01-2016 06:21 AM

I am glad to see another GT hit the market! It's a growing class and easy and fun to drive. Bullet proof cars too since they are based off buggies.

My only concern is the caster is not going to be right for onroad. Yes, the stock kit caster blocks will work but not optimal for onroad. I have owned a serpent and you had to buy expensive caster blocks to fix this. They now include them in the kit. Mugen, what I am driving now, I had to modify the front of the car to remove caster. Cost in parts only about $30 and some time. Since this is still a new and developing class, there will be growing pains. I just hope HB will release the kit with the correct parts for onroad. For example, they put the correct shocks, shock towers, 2 speed, bumpers, and body posts in the kit, why not include the correct caster blocks for onroad and not offroad. Serpent got it right on the 3rd version of their kit. I hope HB doesn't fall into the same trap. Even IGT8 got it right with their latest kit and it's a hongnor dressed up.
With the new ownership of HB and their development of more onroad RACE cars, I am really looking forward to what HB has to bring to the table!

Not to be all negative, I would love to see and drive this car. A friend is a sponsored HB offroad driver, and I am twisting his arm to get a kit so we can do some onroad racing together.

Any news on when they will be for sale in the US?

exheliguy 10-22-2016 03:39 PM

Has anyone assembled one? What should I look for or change from the get go. Im assembling one for a friend.

mustangkillaz 10-22-2016 04:00 PM

Interesting. The red headed step child is making a push forward..

exheliguy 10-22-2016 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by invrtd (Post 14688888)
I am glad to see another GT hit the market! It's a growing class and easy and fun to drive. Bullet proof cars too since they are based of buggies.

My only concern is the caster is not going to be right for onroad. Yes, the stock kit caster blocks will work but not optimal for onroad. I have owned a serpent and you had to buy expensive caster blocks to fix this. They now include them in the kit. Mugen, what I am driving now, I had to modify the front of the car to remove caster. Cost in parts only about $30 and some time. Since this is still a new and developing class, there will be growing pains. I just hope HB will release the kit with the correct parts for onroad. For example, they put the correct shocks, shock towers, 2 speed, bumpers, and body posts in the kit, why not include the correct caster blocks for onroad and not offroad. Serpent got it right on the 3rd version of their kit. I hope HB doesn't fall into the same trap. Even IGT8 got it right with their latest kit and it's a hongnor dressed up.
With the new ownership of HB and their development of more onroad RACE cars, I am really looking forward to what HB has to bring to the table!

Not to be all negative, I would love to see and drive this car. A friend is a sponsored HB offroad driver, and I am twisting his arm to get a kit so we can do some onroad racing together.

Any news on when they will be for sale in the US?

Thats how im getting to assemble this car. My friend is a HB sponsored driver. And he really doesn't like building cars so im doing it for him. Looks like nice car.

exheliguy 10-22-2016 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz (Post 14711363)
Interesting. The red headed step child is making a push forward..

What are you talking about ?

invrtd 10-23-2016 08:11 PM

Once you have built the car, please let me know what caster blocks are on the car.

exheliguy 10-23-2016 08:16 PM

I sure will.

UrabusDenis 10-24-2016 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by invrtd (Post 14712497)
Once you have built the car, please let me know what caster blocks are on the car.

And how much kick-up does it have :)

exheliguy 10-25-2016 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis (Post 14712612)
And how much kick-up does it have :)

I'm unable to post pictures. Send me a email address and I'll send you pics of the chassis.

exheliguy 10-25-2016 11:12 AM

I just finished assembling the front and rear shock, front and rear diffs and the center 2 speed. The front diff uses 300000 diff oil. The stuff is like frozen molasses.

bigjez 10-25-2016 12:31 PM

What was the price of the kit?

exheliguy 10-25-2016 12:35 PM

I'm not sure. I'm building it for my friend and he's also a sponsored driver. Not sure what his cost is. I'm a kyosho guy. Lol

invrtd 10-25-2016 02:07 PM

I would imagine the kick up will be the same as the off road chassis and they are using maybe the 15 degree caster blocks unless HB makes shallower caster blocks. Please post picks.

exheliguy 10-25-2016 05:41 PM

Yes, that's correct. The car has 15 degree caster blocks. I wish I could post pictures. I've been talking pics of every part and all the steps. Going to make a slide type video. If anyone wants to post a few pictures for me I could send them the pics to post.