Search

PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default PROBLEM

Hi

New to the forums,

Hope you can help me, i have just bought a Nitro R/c Car form a company called World Trade Cards, i have set the car up got the engine running, tested the servos everthing worked ok! started up the motor set the idle up, once again everything ok!, put BRAND NEW batterys in both the reciever and the transmitter, the thing is, when i finally pulled trigger and the car sped off, after about 20 feet i could not control it, it them proceeded to disapear into the distance, my legs would not go fast enough to catch it!! it did eventual come to a stop when a building got into its way!, does anyone know what went wrong? i replaced the batterys with more BRAND NEW ones, i set the car up on a raised block, and worked the steering on the transmitter then proceeded to back away from the car, i got about 20 feet when the servo would not respond to the transmitter, both ariels were extended to there max.

Look forward to you input!!

Lee.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kazandlee
Hi

New to the forums,

Hope you can help me, i have just bought a Nitro R/c Car form a company called World Trade Cards, i have set the car up got the engine running, tested the servos everthing worked ok! started up the motor set the idle up, once again everything ok!, put BRAND NEW batterys in both the reciever and the transmitter, the thing is, when i finally pulled trigger and the car sped off, after about 20 feet i could not control it, it them proceeded to disapear into the distance, my legs would not go fast enough to catch it!! it did eventual come to a stop when a building got into its way!, does anyone know what went wrong? i replaced the batterys with more BRAND NEW ones, i set the car up on a raised block, and worked the steering on the transmitter then proceeded to back away from the car, i got about 20 feet when the servo would not respond to the transmitter, both ariels were extended to there max.

Look forward to you input!!

Lee.
what's the car exactly? what stuff comes with it?
Old 01-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You first need a throttle return spring to save your car from running away. Goto your local hobby shop and get one put on and make sure they help or oversee the quick process and check it for you so you know it will be able to pull back on the servo when it goes out like that.

So you say you go 20feet away and it stops responding. You might have a bad radio. Again have a lhs analyze your gear for you. It might be too much to handle at this point and you will find frustration and or cars running away which could just totally detroy the car.

Im suprised the building didnt hurt it when it took off. Sounds like it at least didnt get full throttle.

Another rare thing that might be causing this is the area your running in. Just go in your house and leave the car off and pull throttle and turn wheels while walking away. If you got 20ft and it stops or into another room , sounds like a range problem....which is probably beyond your help.

Only solution for that would be a return/defective item or you going out and buying a new radio and RX....

Good luck.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Maybe you forgot to extend the antenna, Ive seen happen.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Maybe you forgot to extend the antenna, Ive seen happen.

heheheheheheh! That has happened to me on some instances,,, wahahahaha!!
Old 01-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It should make it farther then 20 feet even if the antenna was down but make sure it is up and pointed straight up. Don't point the antenna at the car make sure it is pointed up. Don't start the engine, turn everything on and walk away from it with the transmitter in your hand. If you can't walk away from it with out controlling it don't start it untill you can. If the radio is on 27 band, make sure that you don't have a CB club right next door because the CBs channels 1 thru 6 are the same as our channels 1 thru 6.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Checked to make sure the antenna wire is hooked up inside the radio, same with the rec, could of been a screw up at the factory, if they are noteither send it back for repair, do it your self, or have your local shop do it for you,and get your self a return spring or fail safe for the car.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Also if your radio uses crystals it may be that one of them is bad. It is not uncommon for one to fail every now & then. Your LHS can tell you if it's bad or good.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Try this

Check for any loose connections in the antenna wire or any cuts.

Check that your antenna on you're radio isn't brocken or loose (as mine was and about 12 feet away i would have no reaction and when i was close it was great)

anyway just check for loose connection and that the TX is in the Transmiter and the RX crystal is in the Reciever.

Hope you find the problem
Old 01-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

I could be interference from a nearby transmitter or electrcal source, try operating the electronics (engine off) in another location to rule this out.

If this is the case you need to install a failsafe unit (throttle return spring will not work in cases of interference). A failsafe wont 'block' the interference but it will prevent loss of control in future.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The best tip i've ever received if you lose controll point your areil straight up, dont point it at the car hold it straight up and as high as you can. Next buy yourself a failsafe

Also try getting your friend to walk away from you while you work the servos and see if it does it. (whilst car is off)