Wiki Posts
Search

lap counters

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default lap counters

anyone have any info on the kopropo lap counter?
Old 12-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

anybody? how about other lap counters? thinking of making a large investment and dont want to make a mistake.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by reddishdsb
anybody? how about other lap counters? thinking of making a large investment and dont want to make a mistake.
You did not say were you are? In us you want AMB, more than 90% of drivers & tracks use the one made by AMB.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

yeah in the us, but amb is so expensive!! someone should come out with something cheaper!!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

you mean personal lap counter? ... i am waiting for the spektrum one.... i still trying to sus out how it works
Old 12-27-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

not personal, looking for amb or something like it, we have a small group
and are growing.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It is not just USA.......the whole WORLD are basicly using AMB as a master (main) lap counter.........then software like Jlap for the best combination.

Couple years aga I was racing at the track using the analog KoPropo lap counter....yes, it is cheaper, but I would say 7 out of 10 times that thing does not work properly, on top of that, it use limited transponder (using AM or FM crystal) so...only certain # of cars can run at 1 time....and you cannot get your own transponder, you have to share with others.

Software support of that system is horrible, I believe only DOS program is able to run with the KO........who is using DOS now?

Overall, spend the $5000 now for the AMB (come with 10 rechargable transponder) and $300 for software like Alycatt (very good and easy to use program that is capable to run ROAR national race for 100 plus racers easily) for now....when you are done, sell it, its resale value is still very high even though it is used.......(you can tell from a used personal transponder from AMB is good $70 plus, when new is $90)....
Old 12-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

LOOKS LIKE I AM GOING TO HAVE TO DROP THE BOMB? BOY IS MY WIFE GONNA BE PISSED!!!