Engine modifiers.....who's out there?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine modifiers.....who's out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Grinder, Can you tell if he does any block work, you need to look for special cuts, also can you send me a pic of the exhaust side of the sleeve. I understand what he is doing in the pics so far, but wonuld love to see the block work if any. So far he is going in the right direction. Can you also show me a top view of the crank inlet hole(bottom of carb hole).
Old 03-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking MURNAN MOD MOTOR

Hey i just bought that motor off ebay, the one with all the pics Grinder is showing, Hey can you tell me more about it since you seem like you know? Im used to just running my stock mt12, but everyone else is coming out this season with smelz's, jp's and others, i want to be different and i hope this one is FAST!!!! Can you also tell me the difference between the cuts on this one and the cuts on the one he previously had on ebay that ended last night! Thanks!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 07:22 PM

Yea I would like to see the block work too, if he does anything to it. I see nothing special, looks like a hack job to me!,
Old 03-05-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am the one doing the mods. I'm sorry that you think it is a hack job everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the motors that I make are extremely fast and reliable. I have an RTU as well as someone else at my track who has 2 of them and my motors will hang with them. Here is a picture of the exhaust side of an MT12. Yes I do case work too, I work the intake just underneath the carb to fit the new cranks.

Last edited by Grinder; 02-06-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

MT12 sleeve

Last edited by Grinder; 02-06-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Motorman; 03-08-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Motorman
Hum seems their is one common denominator with all the new hot engine modifiers with the exception of the Murnan (it appears he doing his own thing and I commend him and have respect for his work even though I have never seen one of his engines run). The others all bought an engine from me in the last 9 months. Its called reverse engineering or replication by sight. In fact one of these new hot shoes got an engine from me and never paid for it. (this is a singular individual who shall remain unnamed for the moment while I am getting his undivided attention other ways)
These situations are forcing me to copyright my designs as we speak. Its a good thing I have photo records that are dated mid 2001 on the RTU, port, airstrake, head and crank design characteristics. Now I cant copyright timing characteristics but I sure can copyright specfic richey designs. Theres room for everyone however its like Avanti literally copying the GM H2 Hummer truck, you see whats happening there. I simply had no choice.
The next photos are photos of a brand new RTU sleeve in the same orientation as the previous posted photos. Tell me what is different.

Several years ago I made the mistake of letting the makers of the CVEC tuned pipe swipe my theory and they profited heartily from it. It was my own fault for not applying for the patent before I even discussed it. There comes a point in everyones life where they have to draw a line in the sand. to whom it may concern consider the line drawn.
Dennis, where I come from, patenting your work is a lenghty process not to mention that it comes with a hefty cost. Is that the same as in the States? Do you think it's worth the effort and money seeing that profit that comes from engine modding is not that high to warrant a patent on your engine designs? I don't know if patenting the design would be beneficial in that sense. Just a thought.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Old 03-05-2003, 09:55 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

I think the guy that created the cvec is on the trinity forum,i can't remember what name he goes by but i also remember him rambling on another forum about there was a conspiracy to make the pipe illegal cause it was too damn good.

Motorman when are your engines going to be on ebay??
Old 03-05-2003, 10:01 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

I just read the other thread about your engines on ebay so forget my last question.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Old 03-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Tech Initiate

If CVEC obtained a patent on your invention, it's invalid because they're not the actual "inventors." Sucks that leeches like that are in the RC community. I'll never buy a CVEC pipe...
Old 03-05-2003, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Motorman
yes he and I don't speak anymore. There were 2 of them and they live in Michigan. They found a investor in Florida (retired MD)and one of them left the other out in the weeds so to speak. The pipes are now made in fla, as the owner of cvec relocated there. The other individual still lives in mich where I live. The current CVEC design is not exactly the origional design I proposed and I did not agree with the design so I walked away from my involment of it. Unfortunatly their patent of it covers my origional theory which locks me from doing anything with the origional theory. Variable Stinger Outlet Design matched to Throttle Barrel Opening. My origional design was purely mechanical. I even Have the origional drawings still in archive on a disk that were given to Mark. Cvec chose to do it with a spring. This design never fully allows the exhaust pressure to vent on the top end but it does pump low and mid range torque as it was origionally designed. The goal was to have both of those and top end too. Unfortunatly the CVEC only allows you to move the torque band up or down. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

What most people don't know is Richey Performance Motorsports Is a legitimate LLC Corporation registered in the State of Michigan, we pay taxes and did a considerable volume in engines last year suffice to say its a pretty big number in gross sales. Piracy of our rework design has become rapant and I can no longer look the other way so a decision was made early this month to copyright and provide back dated proof of specific work.
Glad to hear you're doing something about it, Dennis.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:06 AM
JUN
Tech Adept

Would have been nice to be able to buy a Richey mod motor and a pipe to match,could have been a very nice package.

I tried a cvec a long time ago and didn't find it to be a good match with the nova motors but they do have a cult following amongst newbs and people who like bright colours.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Motorman, I sent you an e-mail! LMK what you think!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.