Wiki Posts
Search

mtx-4 vs vone-RRR

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Hey, did anyone see who won the ifmar 2006 200mm in Austraila ,the V1RRR .Sup James, Bobby i will see you at Fort Meyers.The 4is a good car but as for top speed the RRR has the most ive see an you hve seem my RRR run.I will heading to the Ohio race May6,7 with Uriah Murnan ,an the the GA.crew.
200mm IFMAR PRE Worlds Winner - Saturday, February 25, 2006

"Congratulations and Well Done to Hang Hung Cheung from Hong Kong for winning the 200mm IFMAR Pre World Championship driving his Kyosho RRR."

Link: 200mm IFMAR 1/10th On-Road 2006 World Championships
Old 04-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The pre-worlds was a funny race, the MTX-4 tq'ed and qualified 2nd as well. The two front running MTX-4's had a coming together and also did tyre changes even though it may have only been a right rear where as the v1RRR driver did not and was also off the pace because of it. How could he have been off the pace you ask????? Well take into consideration that the 2nd placed MTX 4 was 2 laps down at one stage and regained a lap on the leader. So it was very smart driving and some luck plus the car was pretty much on the pace at the beggining of the race.

Cheers Daniel
Old 04-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
The pre-worlds was a funny race, the MTX-4 tq'ed and qualified 2nd as well. The two front running MTX-4's had a coming together and also did tyre changes even though it may have only been a right rear where as the v1RRR driver did not and was also off the pace because of it. How could he have been off the pace you ask????? Well take into consideration that the 2nd placed MTX 4 was 2 laps down at one stage and regained a lap on the leader. So it was very smart driving and some luck plus the car was pretty much on the pace at the beggining of the race.

Cheers Daniel
Thanks for the race report! That's racing for you. Once you get behind it's hard to catch up. Not changing tires can be a bad decision, but in this case, it paid off. And like you said, sometimes you get lucky.

Just glancing at the field, it looks like the RRRs were outnumbered by the MTX-3/4s. (Anybody do an actual count?) But also note, there were a lot of other cars that did well too.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
200mm IFMAR PRE Worlds Winner - Saturday, February 25, 2006

"Congratulations and Well Done to Hang Hung Cheung from Hong Kong for winning the 200mm IFMAR Pre World Championship driving his Kyosho RRR."

Link: 200mm IFMAR 1/10th On-Road 2006 World Championships
i heard that hang used a zac project motor in his car too
Old 04-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Not sure on the count. There were a few types of cars there which was good to see. The whole week was really enjoyable.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

It might be the photos, but the RRR looks like it has a lower flatter center of gravity. The layout looks wider. It could be the top plate giving that illusion.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asw7576
VIVA MTX4

Durability is Mugen's Quality.

Not to mentioned RRR problems with spur gear. However, in reality RRR still dominate the winner circle.
can someone tell me more about the spur gear problems and how to solve it?
Old 04-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

So far the Kyosho plastic looks similar to Mugen (arms and hubs). What I am surprised about is that you get a full set of arms with your purchase and they are cheaper to buy. For the MTX-3 arms you were looking at 15.00 (upper then lower) when the Kyosho RRR comes with upper and lower for $7.00. The packaging could be different with the MTX-4.

Don't worry I'll let you know how durable the RRR is because I'm every which way but the 'line' lol.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

MTX4 - Make sure you check the gear Mesh and you won't have any problems. I have run mine numerous times, - No issues with the car. Just set it to were they have just a hair of play. It will be fine. Get what ever car you want. Not that big of a deal.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

NCT3 is the best jk... Dont think you could go wrong with either car. Both are great.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by itchy b
i heard that hang used a zac project motor in his car too
I saw him tech the engines before the race. They are all Sirio EVO II engines.

As for off the pace... you would too if you did not do a tire change. Tire in general grips much better than the rims. At the end, he made a smart gamble and come out on top.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by twoo
I saw him tech the engines before the race. They are all Sirio EVO II engines.

As for off the pace... you would too if you did not do a tire change. Tire in general grips much better than the rims. At the end, he made a smart gamble and come out on top.
I couldnt agree more. Although i wasnt just talking about being off the pace in the final even though thats what it sounded like, they were a little off the pace over the whole weekend.

One of our guys from up here actually talked to them and they said that the were evo3's with evo 2 cooling heads, but then again he might have misunderstood what they said too.