Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
My pullstart! What to do? >

My pullstart! What to do?

My pullstart! What to do?

Old 12-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default My pullstart! What to do?

Hey guys I just got my VoneS3 about 1 and a half months ago and been using the pullstart, and just today I was about to give it a test run and the bloody thing broke off (the string snapped).

So my question is, is it repairable? and if so how much am I looking at paying? (specify currency please =) cause I'm in AUS).

OR would it just be more cost effective and efficient to just get a new or 2nd hand starter box?

Oh and one more question, I dont need the pullstarter to be installed for the car to work on a starter box do I? cause I took it apart to look at and don't know how to put it back

Thanks in advance, Ray
Old 12-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

You can put it back together. It's not really that complicated, but it can be really tricky trying to get everything held together durring reassembly. Here is a link to a nice walkthrough.

http://www.hpiracing.com/walkthroughs/psrebuild1.htm

A new pull start costs $25 or so here in the states. It's probably not worth replacing. If you want to get a starter box, that would be easiest. It doesn't matter if the motor has a pull start or not for use with a starter box. If you get the starter box, make sure you put the pull start backplate and cover back on to keep any dirt from getting in the engine from around the crankshaft.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

cool just the answers i needed thanks.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just a question for you, where did you get it and how much (unless you don't want to say, sorry)? Also, in Melbourne Starter Boxes are expensive, just go to Hearns Hobbies or Hobby Place and you can buy a new Pullstart. But personally I do not like Hearn's so go to Hobby Place, which is good but no after purchase support. Next Time get a car from Metro Hobbies, they are excellent!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Tech Regular

got it 2nd hand for 300.

I dont mind hearns, i just dont like hobby place the old man there is a piece of shit bastard

i went to metro only about twice to get my first rc (tt-01) and the second time for some hop-ups n stuff
Old 12-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

I know what your talking about, I got ripped with my V One S $600 (everything included though, but it was all crap) from Hobby Place a couple of months ago and the guy said it was Kyosho Newest model of the S's and it was only series 1, geez. Never again, Kyosho V One RRR in transit right now for CHristmas, Can't wait