Wiki Posts
Search

tire truer

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TMG4EVOII
Hi,
but one question, you use power supply or battery?
thanks
I bought a car battery to run my truer off....i liked the fact that i wouldnt be relying on mains power then.
I just give it a charge (on a standard car battery charger) prior to race day and it serves me well
A lot of guys on race days simply pop the hood of their car and connect straight to the car battery with their truer.
Cheers
Old 12-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tire adaptor

Anyone knows if Hudy adaptors fitting the 3 Racing tire truer or the GQ tire truer?

I am running 235 mm tires.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

All f the arbors I have seen are universal. I am 99% sure the Hudy arbors will fit the 3racing truer. The 3racing arbors are pretty inexpensive though and are not poor quality.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Anyone selling Hudy tire truer and ship to AUST. Please PM .
Old 01-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

I have the Integy truer but I'm not happy with the cutting bit that comes with the truer. I'm thinking about to replace it with the carbide bit from Hudy. The question is will it fit my Integy truer ? If not, What do I need to do to make it fit
Old 01-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xyvern
I have the Integy truer but I'm not happy with the cutting bit that comes with the truer. I'm thinking about to replace it with the carbide bit from Hudy. The question is will it fit my Integy truer ? If not, What do I need to do to make it fit

Originally Posted by xrcbuggy
This is what I did & is working great for me. Get an auto integy tire truer & Hudy carbide cutting bit, you need to grind the bit down so it fit the integy tool holder. The carbide bit cost $40.00 retail, but I have seen it as low as $25.00, the overal cast is under $200.00 VS 400.00 + for hudy. But do not make a mistake the hudy auto truer is the best one on the market.

There ya go
Old 02-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xyvern
I was talking to someone that did this to theirs last night. He said that it is not a big differance in the two but the Hudy one he had to file it down a little to make it fit into the slot. I saw it last night it worked great.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I have an OFNA truer. I noticed that the blade or "bit" as some calls it, is not making smooth cuts. What do you suggest that I do? Is it easy to order the blade for my OFNA truer? Thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
I have an OFNA truer. I noticed that the blade or "bit" as some calls it, is not making smooth cuts. What do you suggest that I do? Is it easy to order the blade for my OFNA truer? Thanks
Buy the Hudy carbide cutting bit, it's the best investment you can make if you have the OFNA truer. But it costs about $40.00
Old 02-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Thanks