Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Spektrum Telemetry Module: Real-time information for real racers. >

Spektrum Telemetry Module: Real-time information for real racers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Telemetry Module: Real-time information for real racers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default recording info ?

does anyone know if the telemetry module can record the data, or if can only be viewed in real time?

if i could dump the data to a laptop after each run, really valuable information can be gathered and analyzed.
just think - you could compare the temperature of the motor against run time, and adjust gearing or driving lines. same with rpm vs motor temp. i would buy it for sure. but if its real time only, then i think its more valuable for nitro racers pit crews, less for electric
Old 12-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lou Decruss
the spektrum is not fcc approved..as it stands.

read here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...68#post1983168
OMG, you again ??

I don't care if spektrum is not FAA / FCC / FDA / USDA / CIA / FEMA / ATF / NASA approved, I'm still going to buy it !!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ira
I'm talking about the Nomadio unit, not the Spektrum.

sorry, my bad ! I guess you won't be adding this unit to your racing adventures.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:50 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think it is a good piece, hoooooo knows I just may try one. Kurt needs to do something with his hands anyway
Old 12-08-2005, 08:35 AM

Thumbs up

I think this is going to be a great device if it works properly. I think it will benefit nitro more than electric though.

Most nitro cars are under weight anyway. Whats a better way to get up to weight than with something useful instead of lead weight?
Old 02-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Initiate

I hear Nomadio is going to have a program that lets the Sensor talk to spektrum receivers

LOW / SLOW mode LOW as in they have to go to low power by a FACTOR OF 6, slow because we have to go from 100Hz to 50Hz

DAMN!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lou Decruss
I hear Nomadio is going to have a program that lets the Sensor talk to spektrum receivers
Source to that statement please.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

That may be true, but in order to use a Nomadio you have to be able to look past the tyco feel of the transmitter and the look of something cobbled together as an engineering prototype. It does not have the feel or look of a finished product. I for one am not going to blow another 500 dollars on one until they fix the feel and look of the device, and the size of the rx, it is bad enough to try and cram a KO RX into some of the TC chassis as it is. Put the nomadio rx in the mix and you can just about forget having the rx mounted low.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

i bought this telemetrey set up about a month ago, and its not all its cracked up to be, the one feature i wanted was the spedometer to help with gear changes and it cant keep up, the only way to use it is that it will record top speed. the temp readings are a little off also.