Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2006 WinterNats >

2006 WinterNats

2006 WinterNats

Old 01-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

It's not about just attending big races, it about attending different race tracks. The fast guys can drop their cars down on any track and by the end of quals be on top. The more tracks you visit, the better you will get. Racing at the same place for years on end will get you really fast on one track...not so fast on others. Just my opinion.

BTW - Do the opposite of what you usually do to get your car working...strange thought, but I've experienced it at Fort Myers.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Yes by the end of the week Most drivers are cutting a 1/4 of there front tires off to take steering away even on 1/8th scales
Old 01-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sohlman
It's not about just attending big races, it about attending different race tracks. The fast guys can drop their cars down on any track and by the end of quals be on top. The more tracks you visit, the better you will get. Racing at the same place for years on end will get you really fast on one track...not so fast on others. Just my opinion.

BTW - Do the opposite of what you usually do to get your car working...strange thought, but I've experienced it at Fort Myers.
i feel you on that one dawg!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

It is really to bad any RC racer is fully sponsored to race a certain brand of car. It would be much better if all RC racers were on the same playing field.
If someone buys a particular car and does well with it, that says a lot more to me than if someone is given something.

? Are you a real racer if you only race when someone pays for you to be at the race. If someone does not send you, then you do not go. Well in My opinion, you are not a really racer. You are a user. Thanks for not coming and talking up spots of racers who really want to be there and paying their own way. JMO.

thammer

I find your post offensive. I race mostly electric onroad but I did get to race 1/8 onroad once and loved it. I would love to go to Fort Myers but can't afford to. I'm trying to get sponsored BECAUSE I love racing and BECAUSE I'd like to be able to attend more events. Being called a user for trying to get help doing so kinda sucks.

I'm betting most of the fully sponsored guys still love racing as well. I doubt any of them appreciate being called users.

Tom Firsching
Old 01-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

This thread is about racing not sponsorship.. That is his opinion and now we know yours.. Thanks but Ft Myers doesnt respect Factory drivers or amatures ask Mark H. He spends more time wrenching than racing..HEHE

Who's gonna win the winternats Salven or Barry....... I see a serpent sweep.. What about you.... 1/8th and 200mm.......

Give Pete at PNP a call so he can have anything you need at Winternats!!!!

PNP Hobbies 321-723-7318
Old 01-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Raf dont you have anything better to do with your time..
lol.... I think its gonna be a very interesting final..could be anybodys race, personally would like to see a local take it, but there is so much talent it would be hard to pick one. Good luck to everyone.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rangulo,
Your right , It is way too hard to pass squirals like you on Ft. Myers track, I always end up on the short end of the stick.

My picks
Salven for 1/8 scale
Scotty Gray for sedan.

Scotty is pretty darn good with that sedan. And he has better luck with it as well. So...Prove me Right Scotty.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default What about how old they are?

Hey Raf,

In following this thread the one thing you guys haven't talk about is how old your picks to win the race are. Barry and Michael are way to old to win at Ft. Meyers.

My vote go's to the forever young Joel Johnson!
Mark
Old 01-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Damn Raf, you've got it in for Mark.....how about you guys bet on it. I've seen Mark run great but he did look bad at the last race. The only thing he missed was the flag man. What's up Mark, are you getting lazy like me?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Mblackketter...Are those cobb webs off and are all his joints oiled after not having used them for the last century.... I was there at the snowbirds when he had his great return to racing only to get his butt kicked(b-main)...HEHE

MBlackketter- Do you have some Trinity Royal Oil in your tool kit just in case his fingers freeze up...HAHA ------OH! NO! He's gonna need some of that special Ice Tea that Kevin Hutchinson drinks to get over the qualifying sessions..... Bing!Bang!Bing!Bang! Thats what Ft Myers sounds like!!!!

Bring a spare Car!!!!!!!!!HAHA

1fastserpent- You are the master....HAHA --------Of Disaster!!!HAHA

Jhope- He actually missed the turn marshall... But not the start finish line!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Scotty Gray--can win the race, he has a good feel for the track.. A little scary really. He shines at this track along with Paolo who has a very fast car... The last thing I gleened from those guys at the track is that they are real fast............Scotty has the win with in his reach!!!!!!!!

Serpent sweeps all classes..... Sounds like a good headline..... Gianni esta ready to ayudar anybody!!!!!

Last edited by rangulo; 01-24-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jhope,

Your right I had one of those Bad Qualifing weekends At the Ft. But My Main Was Coming Along Pretty good untill Mr. Fowler Pulled the trigger a little tighter After I passed him At the Lolipop And Neither of us lifted for the S's going to the timing loop. I got the Short end of that one too. ( All in racing though ). It's ok.I think I got it all out of my system for The NAts. ( let's hope )
As For Ralf.
He just has it out for anyone who has the potential to Out Qualify him. Pretty much the entired field at this point.I don't know anyone who can Build a clutch like Him. ( 2 min Clutch ) you r the Man Ralf.

Predictions
I think Salven will win, But the margin will be by 1 lap or so. The racing is going to be very tight I think. ( the new 960 is Looking very good )

Scotty Will have his hands full as well, but he will take it by 2- 3 laps.

Ralf, I'm shooting for a 7th place finish in the E main for you bud.
And If you Out Qualify Me ( Dinner is on me Friday night )
So Let's hear what you have to offer.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

1FASTSERPENT- Yeah,Yeah!!!!! I think your correct.... MAybe I will be in the E but that will be my best effort ever....HAHA My new name is "E"Man....... The new hero of the winternats..HAHA

I will buy you dinner at outback if you muster up a 5 minute qualifyer that puts me down below you.....Highly dought it.............But that's a bet.....I 'm In!!!!!!

5-6 710 sedans in the Amain.....
Old 01-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mugen.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

looks like we need here a poll

my top 5 for 8th scale will be

Bertin
Shimo
Rick V
Vanni
Burch

14 days and....for the best race in sunny FL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.