Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hi Guy if anyone is interested I have a heap of ed clutch gears a g4s chassis and other parts listed on ebay item #130255962731
cheers
Old 09-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroWD
ya...clutch slipping sure sounds different.

in order to confirm; check the inner of yr clutch bell where the shoe hits; if it's shiny it's slipping!
it should still have the clutch bell color if it's not slipping.
Not necessarily true !!!
Start with teh spring pressure minimum pressure and adjust 1/4 turn at a time and when you feel the car is not pulling well and sounds kike its reving but not pulling you back it of 1/4 to 1/2 a turn.
Also if you hold the car on teh ground and blip the throttle the car must want to pull out of your hands and not rev up as it pulls while holding it.

Hard to explain but if you take some time to experiment and try it you will figure out what i am saying.

As for the shoe in the pic above you can file that ridge on the shoe down and it will be ok to run, just check it and file ridge when it gets high.
The bell issmaller than the shoe diameter, alternative is see if you can file or sand paper down the shoe diameter.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Not necessarily true !!!
Start with teh spring pressure minimum pressure and adjust 1/4 turn at a time and when you feel the car is not pulling well and sounds kike its reving but not pulling you back it of 1/4 to 1/2 a turn.
Also if you hold the car on teh ground and blip the throttle the car must want to pull out of your hands and not rev up as it pulls while holding it.

Hard to explain but if you take some time to experiment and try it you will figure out what i am saying.

As for the shoe in the pic above you can file that ridge on the shoe down and it will be ok to run, just check it and file ridge when it gets high.
The bell issmaller than the shoe diameter, alternative is see if you can file or sand paper down the shoe diameter.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Not necessarily true !!!

you mean that yr clutch can be slipping but the bell inner part remains the same? usually it'll be shiny for slipping clutches right?

for the shoe issue, ya i did think of sanding the step down but maybe i'll be trying UFO1 shoe in UFO2 set since UFO1 shoe seems to fit the bell better!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone got problem with their g4rs alum clamp wheel hub? i got it out new from the box n found that the screw provided cannot screw in the hub... the head or the screw is too big! Any idea? Thanks!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

clutch slipping sound like spur is damage..or..should be the like this..the car suddenly like free gear..hehe..rite or not?..
Old 09-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jameslow
anyone got problem with their g4rs alum clamp wheel hub? i got it out new from the box n found that the screw provided cannot screw in the hub... the head or the screw is too big! Any idea? Thanks!
Easy fix -

Dremel the head of the screw down a little - if you haven't got a dremel, put the threaded part of the screw in a drill and hold some sand paper onto the head ( had to do it on my cars)
Old 09-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

hey guys can anyone confirm before I buy that the WC front kit only will fit the RS chassis???
cheers
Old 09-21-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroWD
you mean that yr clutch can be slipping but the bell inner part remains the same? usually it'll be shiny for slipping clutches right?

for the shoe issue, ya i did think of sanding the step down but maybe i'll be trying UFO1 shoe in UFO2 set since UFO1 shoe seems to fit the bell better!
The clutch bell will get shiny from the shoe engaging with it and not only if its slipping.
Slipping will cause the shoe to get glazed/shiny but that you can just use a pot scourer to deglaze.
Keep you clutch gap between .5mm - .7mm this will help keep it more consistent with the .5mm a bit smoother on its engagement and the .7mm being a bit more punchy/aggressive.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can someone help me with the team magic spring colors? I can't seem to find anything that tells me what color corresponds with what diameter.

thanks!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...04151803-71346

this should help.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hey guys can anyone confirm before I buy that the WC front kit only will fit the RS chassis???
cheers
Yes...it does work on the front. And front only...the WC front kit use the G4RS lower bulkhead and G4RS lower front bumper plate, that means it will fit the WC chassis AND/OR the RS chassis.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Been cleaning out my document files and came across this that i misplaced.
Got this on the G4S thread a while ago but relevant to any of the G4 clutches.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanx razzor i was always under the impression that it was the other way around

ie: clutch gap was behind the bell and the end play was the gap at the end of the bell and the retaining screw.

No wonder i have trouble understanding and setting up clutches

Also, i have a G4s but i want to use the RS rear end because the sway bar works better. What parts will i need to convert it over. I know the bulkheads are different as there are no grooves for the sway bar to sit in under the carbon brake brace. If anyone wants to get rid of any of the parts i will need feel free to PM me with details.

Last edited by freestyles; 09-24-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freestyles
Thanx razzor i was always under the impression that it was the other way around

ie: clutch gap was behind the bell and the end play was the gap at the end of the bell and the retaining screw.

No wonder i have trouble understanding and setting up clutches

Also, i have a G4s but i want to use the RS rear end because the sway bar works better. What parts will i need to convert it over. I know the bulkheads are different as there are no grooves for the sway bar to sit in under the carbon brake brace. If anyone wants to get rid of any of the parts i will need feel free to PM me with details.
Hey freestyles,

I have an 'S' and use the RS rear sway bar.
All you need are the Baulkheads and the rear arms from the RS for it to work.
Natrually you will need to have the Sway bar and fittings.

On the clutch setting up. Just ensure when all is assembled that you have "some" end play to your clutch bell! Some run more then others. But make sure there is "some" movement!! Otherwise you will blow up your thrust bearing VERY quickly!!

British Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.